IGNORED

Middlesbrough now on Sky (Merged)

Red Army 75

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

The club didn't change it though. That's down to SKY.

In fact the club has generally been pretty good for announcing changed fixtures a fair bit in advance. They did so near the start of last season about the Easter games IIRC.

I have learnt never to take the fixtures at face value, have missed too many games in the past after making arrangements. It may not be the clubs fault but that doesn't make it any less annoying, but yes there has been a fair bit of notice for the two tv games so far.

3 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

The club can't make guarantees on when the games will be, so would be wrong for them to do so.

Of coarse the club can't be blamed for fixture changes, it's the price we pay for being somewhat successful .

I know the old days are never coming back but back in  the day 3.00 Saturday and 19.45 Tuesday were always the KO in what ever Division we played in.

Saturdays 3.00 is football time whether playing or watching.

If and when we reach the top division and we end with Loads of Monday Night fixtures then what has that to do weekend football?

Its all about the process,  getting promoted to the top division would be fantastic, mind blowing.

After that ? Can totally understand young fans having a different view.

1 hour ago, The Original OTIB said:

Again: cancel Sky subscriptions. 'tis the only way. Take the power back. Fed up of saying it really. Have Sky? Don't moan ...

There’s far too many ‘no1 fans’ who instead of supporting their local sides are sat in their armchairs complete with Homer Simpson like indent’s and cans of Special Brew for any mass cancellations to happen, but you are 100% spot on, people who have season tickets and subscribe to that lot aswell should be cancelling it and not complaining about KO times being moved etc. IF we did manage to get promotion it would be a whole lot worse than it currently is now.

5 hours ago, pillred said:

I have learnt never to take the fixtures at face value, have missed too many games in the past after making arrangements. It may not be the clubs fault but that doesn't make it any less annoying, but yes there has been a fair bit of notice for the two tv games so far.

I don’t mean this to sound antagonistic, genuinely! 

But if you aren’t going to be at most of the games, then surely it doesn’t really matter when they are played. 

48 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I don’t mean this to sound antagonistic, genuinely! 

But if you aren’t going to be at most of the games, then surely it doesn’t really matter when they are played. 

Who said I'm not going to most of the games I've been a season ticket holder for 25 years, the games I have missed are usually where the fixtures have come out I have made holiday arrangements to suit, said fixtures are then changed so I can't attend. plus games were changed for other reasons, such as the rugby, I'm sure other people have missed games for the very reasons I have stated, this is my first season for many years I haven't bought one, I will be able to attend the games when I want to and not when sky or the rugby dictates when the games will be played

1 minute ago, pillred said:

Who said I'm not going to most of the games I've been a season ticket holder for 25 years, the games I have missed are usually where the fixtures have come out I have made holiday arrangements to suit, said fixtures are then changed so I can't attend. plus games were changed for other reasons, such as the rugby, I'm sure other people have missed games for the very reasons I have stated, this is my first season for many years I haven't bought one, I will be able to attend the games I want and not when sky dictates the game will be played

Fair enough mate. I’d have thought that the season ticket prices made it worthwhile for anyone who’d be attending more than half the games. Plus the convenience of knowing your seat and not needing to purchase individually. If that’s not the case, then it’s understandable to just potd.   

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Fair enough mate. I’d have thought that the season ticket prices made it worthwhile for anyone who’d be attending more than half the games. Plus the convenience of knowing your seat and not needing to purchase individually. If that’s not the case, then it’s understandable to just potd.   

There are other reasons than just fixture changes for me, the parking situation has become difficult to say the least, and evening fixtures are a nightmare with the bus times, and that's if they bother turning up, last season I missed at least 4 kick offs on midweek games and the bus going home leaves bower ashton before the end of the game or the next one is nearly 11 o clock. my wife used to pick me up but is now not well enough to do so unfortunately.

On 03/07/2019 at 22:58, ralphindevon said:

Thank goodness for the QPR game, it's 7 weeks into the season before our 2nd 3pm KO. 

I thought Sky had chosen August September games already, is it safe to book travel and accomadation for the Stoke away game yet? 

Think it’s only August games selected to date 

• The title was changed to Middlesbrough now on Sky (Merged)
2 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

Sadly I have no input at Sky's AGM any more, not that I think they listened to a word I said

when Sky got taken over, the new company hold thier  AGM's in the USA.

As of yet its too far and I can't get a train there

You can. But only from Parson Street.

Archived