IGNORED

Cheap Flights

Markman

I may have the chance for a week in Spain (mid Sept) and thought the flight prices (inc luggage) would be a lot cheaper as people at back to School etc - I need to fly from Bristol or Exeter really only to Malaga and I wondered if I held on as the date got nearer (say a week away) will they drop the prices or will they stay as they are - anyone know?

1 hour ago, Markman said:

I may have the chance for a week in Spain (mid Sept) and thought the flight prices (inc luggage) would be a lot cheaper as people at back to School etc - I need to fly from Bristol or Exeter really only to Malaga and I wondered if I held on as the date got nearer (say a week away) will they drop the prices or will they stay as they are - anyone know?

I generally find that they don’t get cheaper only more expensive.  Why only Bristol or Exeter? I search on Skyscanner for flights and search for ‘UK’ as a departure. The location of Bristol means that it isn’t that bad flying from Cardiff, Birmingham, Heathrow or even East Midlands. More options mean probably lower price. 

They may go down a but at some point in the next few weeks, though no guarantee, and they'll certainly not drop as you approach the date.

If you can avoid flying on a weekend and take a very early or very late flight it'll be cheaper. Look at different airports in Spain. 

And finally,  travel with just hand luggage if you can, we always do for a week in Europe. Buy toiletries that you cant fit in your plastic bag in Superdrug at the airport, often a deal if you buy 5 miniatures or buy local in Spain. You can buy an awful lot of stuff for half the price of a couple of hold cases checked in.

Archived