IGNORED

Lack of Ambition.

downendcity

Once again SL is showing that he doesn't really want promotion.

It is now 48 hours since we last signed a player. Putting it into perspective, since we last signed someone, a visiting Villa fans has posted 15,000 times and is now on ignore more than Robbored.

This is not good enough, as everyone knows that we need to be signing a player at least every other day, with a minimum spend of £5m if we are to be competitive. We desperately need a 45 goal a season striker and will need to spend at least £50m to achieve this.

Selling Ashton Gate won't be enough as I reckon Steve needs to sell that big house in Guernsey and his private jet and cut down on Maggie's housekeeping allowance if we are to have any chance of getting to the "promised land".

Get your finger ( and your wallet) out Steve, but I'm not holding my breath - I am  however holding on to everything else though! 

The summer window is getting to me I'm afraid.    :)

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

Once again SL is showing that he doesn't really want promotion.

It is now 48 hours since we last signed a player. Putting it into perspective, since we last signed someone, a visiting Villa fans has posted 15,000 times and is now on ignore more than Robbored.

This is not good enough, as everyone knows that we need to be signing a player at least every other day, with a minimum spend of £5m if we are to be competitive. We desperately need a 45 goal a season striker and will need to spend at least £50m to achieve this.

Selling Ashton Gate won't be enough as I reckon Steve needs to sell that big house in Guernsey and his private jet and cut down on Maggie's housekeeping allowance if we are to have any chance of getting to the "promised land".

Get your finger ( and your wallet) out Steve, but I'm not holding my breath - I am  however holding on to everything else though! 

The summer window is getting to me I'm afraid.    :)

There’s nothing on the OS, so I don’t believe it.

And to add to the OP, when SL does open up the cheque book, it's on tired old dross like Kalas; after all he did nothing for us last season, couldn't do enough to get us into the top 6, what a waste of 8 million quid.

Kalas can't even get a game at Frank Lampard's Chelsea, so why is he good enough for us?!  If you ask me, Webster was a one-man defence, and he'll probably go to Villa for peanuts...

3 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

And to add to the OP, when SL does open up the cheque book, it's on tired old dross like Kalas; after all he did nothing for us last season, couldn't do enough to get us into the top 6, what a waste of 8 million quid.

Kalas can't even get a game at Frank Lampard's Chelsea, so why is he good enough for us?!  If you ask me, Webster was a one-man defence, and he'll probably go to Villa for peanuts...

Absolutely correct kev.

Also, what's with signing Dasilva - yet another short player?

SL must have instructed MA to sign short players so we can negotiate the transfer fee by the foot in order to keep the cost down!

2 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Absolutely correct kev.

Also, what's with signing Dasilva - yet another short player?

SL must have instructed MA to sign short players so we can negotiate the transfer fee by the foot in order to keep the cost down!

Don’t all players have 2 feet..?

2 hours ago, CrazyInWeston said:

45 isnt enough, we need a 46 goal striker, add £100 million.

In fairness to SL there's ambition and then there is Aston Villa! 

2 hours ago, Unan said:

Don't sign that Ronaldo he would've played for 3 clubs in 3 years at the age of 34, journeyman..

SL would have to sell Southville not just the stadium. . 

And what's the betting that someone will say during January that we need to spend X amount on established quality and push the boat out to get promoted and then when it doesn't happen accuse SL of not wanting to get promoted/lacking ambition. 

9 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Kalas is a journeyman, been at Chelsea forever. 

Archived