IGNORED

Blackpool (Merged)

cheshire_red

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

It does sound like they`re in safe hands now thankfully. It will be interesting to see what their first home crowd is next season.

As an aside, it sounds like this guy is their equivalent of SL if you look at his `career path`

There will be millions there, they have every bodies favourite lovable family club in town opening game.

The 15ers will have about 6 million of their own rabble locked outside.

1 minute ago, cider hoss rules said:

There will be millions there, they have every bodies favourite lovable family club in town opening game.

The 15ers will have about 6 million of their own rabble locked outside.

Oh bugger, I didn`t realise that! No doubt the crowd will be about 15k and the deluded ones will say they had at least 12k there if not more when it will actually be about 500 if they`re lucky. Playing right into their hands!

On the positive side though, Blackpool will be well up for putting some also-rans to the sword to celebrate their new dawn.

After all that has gone on with Blackpool & their owners, it finally gets sorted & now Terry McPhillips has decided to resign now because he never had any long-term desire to be a manager!!

Why would anyone leave it until the start of pre-season before coming clean on this? Surely after everything they’ve been through, this is one of the last things they needed or he could of decided once the season had finished & given the club plenty of opportunity to find his successor!?!

It just feels like one thing after another with this club.

9 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

And immediately replaced by Simon Grayson #managementmerrygoround

In a way I’m glad, I had fears of them waiting weeks to find a replacement & it completely ruining their preparations for the coming season.

Now hopefully they’ll get a bit of continuity & be able to build from here.

Good appointment by Blackpool, Simon Grayson has got 4 teams promoted from League 1.

I can't think of anyone with a better record in that division ..( possibly Colin but his many promotions have been spread across all 3 EFL Leagues with I think 3 at that level ?? - Plymouth Hudds & Notts C)

5 hours ago, CodeRed said:

Good appointment by Blackpool, Simon Grayson has got 4 teams promoted from League 1.

I can't think of anyone with a better record in that division ..( possibly Colin but his many promotions have been spread across all 3 EFL Leagues with I think 3 at that level ?? - Plymouth Hudds & Notts C)

....and who did The Terriers stuff at Wembley in the play off final to gain promotion under Warnock in 1995 - I can’t think! ?

Archived