IGNORED

One Hundred and Thirteen Million Quid ....

WhistleHappy

59 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

That's the price for a 19year old kid who can kick a ball around pretty good  (Joao Felix Benfica to Atletico Madrid £113m)

Football madness....

What can One Hundred and Thirteen Million £££'s buy in the Real World ? 

About 452million Freddos.

1 hour ago, WhistleHappy said:

That's the price for a 19year old kid who can kick a ball around pretty good  (Joao Felix Benfica to Atletico Madrid £113m)

Football madness....

113 million £1 lottery scratch cards

1 hour ago, WhistleHappy said:

Football madness....

43 minutes ago, Olé said:

Having seen quite a few of his league and european games last season (on TV), he is an extraordinary player though, certainly this sort of rarity of price.

Strangely I don't think it is madness.

As Ole says, Felix is one of Europe's rising stars. A fantastic player (watch his hat-trick against Frankfurt).

Atletico are an ambitious club with a new stadium, money and big aspirations. Spending this money on someone so talented and also so young makes sense. He could play for them for years, or even better, he has such a terrific spell at Atletico that another football giant, say Real or Barca, come in and pay double the amount when the kid is older.

58 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

113 days supply of pie for Lee Tomlin

When he's on a diet!

21 minutes ago, BigTone said:

My virginity

I'd heard that 2 groats got that. :) 

1 hour ago, Undy English said:

Strangely I don't think it is madness.

As Ole says, Felix is one of Europe's rising stars. A fantastic player (watch his hat-trick against Frankfurt).

Atletico are an ambitious club with a new stadium, money and big aspirations. Spending this money on someone so talented and also so young makes sense. He could play for them for years, or even better, he has such a terrific spell at Atletico that another football giant, say Real or Barca, come in and pay double the amount when the kid is older.

They are also selling Rodri to Man City for £65 million so there’s half of it back already!

3 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Football madness....

A train return from Bristol to London.... 

How much food for the poor?  How many salaries for emergency service workers?  How many extra police serving on the streets?  How many prisons to ease overcrowding?  How many fresh water pipes to help quench the thirst of those dying from serious illness or dehydration?  How many extra schools and hospitals?  How many affordable homes?  I could go on for hours...

I do wonder if all the never ending sums of money being pumped into the beast of football could be best served around the world, for any of the above causes.

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

How much food for the poor?  How many salaries for emergency service workers?  How many extra police serving on the streets?  How many prisons to ease overcrowding?  How many fresh water pipes to help quench the thirst of those dying from serious illness or dehydration?  How many extra schools and hospitals?  How many affordable homes?  I could go on for hours...

I do wonder if all the never ending sums of money being pumped into the beast of football could be best served around the world, for any of the above causes.

I assume there is tax on that transaction and then considerable tax on his considerable wage that goes toward paying for the things you mention.

If you used that as a one off payment it would be burnt before you knew it existed (I think the NHS cost about 200m a day) if anything we need more of this on a regular basis to regularly fund those things.

9 hours ago, Meh said:

A hot wife 20 years younger.

565 million Freddos at Asda currently in the 5 for a £1 offer. Your man @29ARseems to have more money than sense - well frivolous ?

I’m ain’t shopping in Asda with that cashola. I’m not Wael watch shopping 

Archived