IGNORED

Is this a good BT deal?

Natchlander

Just been off the phone to threaten to leave BT as was paying £85 a month for broadband, tv , eve and wkend calls , bt sport. After 2 phonecalls they have reduced the price down to £41.99 a month (18 month contract) by keeping everything the same but only having weekend calls. 

I was thinking of going to plusnet and only having broadband for £25 a month and just use freeview and ditch the landline.

I am not the most tech savvy when it comes to broadband deals and would like anyones opinion whether the £41.99 bt deal is a good one. any help greatly received

1 hour ago, Natchlander said:

Just been off the phone to threaten to leave BT as was paying £85 a month for broadband, tv , eve and wkend calls , bt sport. After 2 phonecalls they have reduced the price down to £41.99 a month (18 month contract) by keeping everything the same but only having weekend calls. 

I was thinking of going to plusnet and only having broadband for £25 a month and just use freeview and ditch the landline.

I am not the most tech savvy when it comes to broadband deals and would like anyones opinion whether the £41.99 bt deal is a good one. any help greatly received

That's not a bad deal for all the Sports and Entertainment TV plus broadband and calls to be fair. It's cheaper than the one they advertise on the home page.

If you're happy with the original package but getting it for half price, I'd take it.

22 hours ago, Natchlander said:

I have PlusNet Fibre Optic and previously had their basic broadband service. On both occasions it's been brilliant. When you call them their staff are all UK based and very helpful. They solved my line issues within a matter of hours. Fantastic provider.

Good deal. I’ve had BT TV/internet for 4 years and no bother. Have 4K sports channel and HD package. Can’t remember how much it is, but definitely less than £80. Nearer £60pm I think. 

Main gripe is the boxes I’ve had haven’t lasted long, but they send another one promptly. 

I’d say that’s a decent deal.

I’m mid £60’s for BB superfast, BT sport (and some nature /geo/history addition I think) HD, landline (free weekends only) and mobile free calls/text with 4mb per month. 

It was the mobile part of the deal that clinched it for me, plus the fact they’re pretty reliable with decent customer service. Also didn’t need a bloody ugly satellite dish and cable. Never had a tv box problem. 

BT is just a glorified paying for Freeview but get some BT on demand or BT sports which is even extra. So you're now paying for 41.99pm for Broadband/BT Sports AND the ability to record/pause using the BTbox. Thats what it SHOULD cost IMO. Not 85pm as you were on before. Rip off.

Decent deal considering their actual prices.

14 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Well spotted 4GB!

Still its BT.
I'm on Vodafone and Im getting 108GB of data PM on my Sammy Galaxy S9+, I'm also on Vodafone fibre Broadband. I pay £30 for the fibre, £50 for the phone. I understand it sounds a lot at £80 but consider the amount of data, and then... I get ALL the Sky Sports channels as well as part of my package. 3rdly, I got the Sammy when it was like a month released so prices would be higher locked into a contract.

However, £80 for max unlimited fibre, the latest phone (at the time still locked into a contract) and all the Sky Sports channels plus 108GB of Data per month. Its not bad. (at the time remember, plus its the amount of data allowance thats pushing up the cost of the bill. Phone companies give you free minutes and texts these days as standard. You're paying for the data.) I think that isnt bad considering.

Archived