IGNORED

Niclas Eliasson

Dolman_Stand

He is an incredible player. Imagine him in years to come. Not many players who can beat their man consistently and put in balls like that. Still far from his prime. Build up some muscle and he could be prem player in future easily. 

18 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

He is an incredible player. Imagine him in years to come. Not many players who can beat their man consistently and put in balls like that. Still far from his prime. Build up some muscle and he could be prem player in future easily. 

Yep I agree lots of potential and of all our current crop of youngsters he is the one that excites me the most

25 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

He needs a new contract now because if he has a good season he will go for cheap going into his last year or we will have to pay more to keep him. 

He is not that kind of person. He is grateful to LJ and the club for given the chance. He would never walk away and I'm 100 per cent certain.

Think and hope he will be very good this season. A very good player who will be better and better. Everything he does in the field has a meaning. LJ knows what he can do and will not be surprised If he will be our next star. Prefer Niclas eight days a week, COD. Confidence is growing and he will sure score some goals this season.

Wouldn’t even bother playing COD at all this season. Clearly isn’t committed to the cause, so if he gets a place of Eliasson it’s a joke. NE need to stay consistent though, a cracking player who will only get better with confidence, hopefully this is the year he really cements a first team place. 

17 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

He is not that kind of person. He is grateful to LJ and the club for given the chance. He would never walk away and I'm 100 per cent certain.

He's got an agent. Nothing is certain. 

Elliason is a very good player, but I don't get all this Co'D bashing - he's perfectly entitled not to extend his contract, that's his freedom as a player, surely?  It doesn't mean he shouldn't be picked in his final year, after all, if no one wants to sign Callum, it's pointless paying a wage to a player, a good player at that, and not using them!

Get Co'D and Elliason both in the team!

42 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Elliason is a very good player, but I don't get all this Co'D bashing - he's perfectly entitled not to extend his contract, that's his freedom as a player, surely?  It doesn't mean he shouldn't be picked in his final year, after all, if no one wants to sign Callum, it's pointless paying a wage to a player, a good player at that, and not using them!

Get Co'D and Elliason both in the team!

He agreed a contract and reneged on it by all accounts. That being the case, he is untrustworthy in my book.

In any event, why would you pick a player who wants out over one who is committed to the club? We're no longer so short of options that we are obliged to play him.

I'm a big fan of overseas incomings.They're usually cheaper and we have less competition. Eliasson is an example of that.

First saw him play in an FA Cup match in Watford. Looked very poor. Interestingly Opi Edwards was also playing and looked far better than Eliasson. However I think Johnson has moulded him into a player that fits our system and his strength and fitness seem to have improved.

Archived