IGNORED

Gary Johnson extended interview

Shtanley

Hello chaps,

2nd longform OSIB interview just went live.

2hrs with Gary Johnson, we talk about all sorts of things! He invited me down to watch Torquay train and was very friendly and accommodating.

Listen via any podcast app!

Click here to listen online

Subscribe on iTunes (the episode will appear when you do)

Follow us on twitter and facebook (@OSIBPODCAST)

1 hour ago, Shtanley said:

Hello chaps,

2nd longform OSIB interview just went live.

2hrs with Gary Johnson, we talk about all sorts of things! He invited me down to watch Torquay train and was very friendly and accommodating.

Listen via any podcast app!

Click here to listen online

Subscribe on iTunes (the episode will appear when you do)

Follow us on twitter and facebook (@OSIBPODCAST)

Long drive to snowdon Saturday, so this should help.

Finished it about 20 mins ago, was a great listen. When he mentioned that a promotion side is likely to always remain friends it makes sense why all the 14/15 players are so close still. 

Funny when he mentioned Palace still haven’t got over those semi final defeats ?

I’d love one with Cotts. Any luck on that?

1 hour ago, Carey 6 said:

What was the brief moment around 25 minutes about? Was someone telling you to move or something?

I think I must’ve forgotten to edit it out. Think the assistant came in trying to be super quiet iirc. 

Thanks Stanley, a great listen. Interesting comment from GJ at the end (I'm paraphrasing) "Bristol City can't just leave getting to the Premier League to luck; at some point they'll have to go for it".

Yet another hint at Lansdown's conservatism?

It was interesting to finally get his take on the recruitment issues we had with strikers towards the end of his reign. Basically said he was desperate to find a decent striker but they just couldn't and I suspect that was linked to budget as well, hence the desperation in going for such a leftfield target like Metab and then the long list of poor loan signings. For balance, he was of course given Maynard. 

And I'd forgotten that we picked up Basso from Woking RESERVES, who the hell was their number one at the time?! Such a shame how that ended with Basso believing there was interest from other clubs when there really wasn't... 

31 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

What's this all about? 

Robbored was vocal about disliking GJ and repeatedly called him a conference manager when he was part of the SC&T. Johnson invited him in to his office and Robbored browned his pants.

2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Robbored was vocal about disliking GJ and repeatedly called him a conference manager when he was part of the SC&T. Johnson invited him in to his office and Robbored browned his pants.

Robbored shat in GJ’s pants?

6 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Thanks Stanley, a great listen. Interesting comment from GJ at the end (I'm paraphrasing) "Bristol City can't just leave getting to the Premier League to luck; at some point they'll have to go for it".

Yet another hint at Lansdown's conservatism?

It was interesting to finally get his take on the recruitment issues we had with strikers towards the end of his reign. Basically said he was desperate to find a decent striker but they just couldn't and I suspect that was linked to budget as well, hence the desperation in going for such a leftfield target like Metab and then the long list of poor loan signings. For balance, he was of course given Maynard. 

And I'd forgotten that we picked up Basso from Woking RESERVES, who the hell was their number one at the time?! Such a shame how that ended with Basso believing there was interest from other clubs when there really wasn't... 

And if Dad is saying it, you can bet that the son is thinking the same...

Archived