IGNORED

City Slash Ticket Allocation - 2,300

Gary Nanes

Does this mean compulsory sock checks on the way into the Dolman, or will we see Ashton Gate's very own version of the Coopers Hill cheese rolling competition again? ?

1 hour ago, Gary Nanes said:

Well you don’t love any home games then as you allocate 1.2k in the league as a maximum.

They didn’t last season and we’ve reduced their allocation by 400.

Rovers allocate 10% of their ground to away fans, that’s the required amount. There’s little reason for them to offer any more...

52 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Rovers allocate 10% of their ground to away fans, that’s the required amount. There’s little reason for them to offer any more...

1,200 isn’t a big following. Also, there’s every reason for them to offer more to Pompey, Sunderland etc as they’re hardly swimming in cash and don’t fill their ground themselves other than once or twice per season. Think before you post.

Just now, Gary Nanes said:

1,200 isn’t a big following. Also, there’s every reason for them to offer more to Pompey, Sunderland etc as they’re hardly swimming in cash and don’t fill their ground themselves other than once or twice per season. Think before you post.

It isn’t a big following no, but it’s the minimum they have to give so they have very little reason to give much more. I don’t think giving Pompey or Sunderland and extra 500 or so tickets would make much financial sense when you consider the extra stewarding and police costs that would come with it.

No idea what the last sentence is about tbh...

Just now, JBFC II said:

It isn’t a big following no, but it’s the minimum they have to give so they have very little reason to give much more. I don’t think giving Pompey or Sunderland and extra 500 or so tickets would make much financial sense when you consider the extra stewarding and police costs that would come with it.

No idea what the last sentence is about tbh...

So the Gashead said he enjoys games with big followings, I pointed out nobody takes a big following to The Mem which you took issue with, but you agree...

My thoughts — you are bored on a Friday night and have nowt better to do than be picky and try and create a row. The first addition to the ignore list, JBFC II.

2 minutes ago, Gary Nanes said:

So the Gashead said he enjoys games with big followings, I pointed out nobody takes a big following to The Mem which you took issue with, but you agree...

My thoughts — you are bored on a Friday night and have nowt better to do than be picky and try and create a row. The first addition to the ignore list, JBFC II.

Nobody takes a big following to the mem because it’s a small ground, it would be ridiculous to give away fans similar allocations to what we give when the stadium only holds 12k...

Go ahead and add me to your ignore list, I’m really not that bothered as it looks like I won’t be missing out on much...

2 hours ago, Spoons said:

Improves atmosphere. If we can't sell those tickets it's ridiculous to cap tickets for away fans. Empty seats is stupid if you can sell them to fans who want to watch there team.

2 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

Crazy if we are not going to maximise ticket sales. Fair enough if you have specific intelligence e.g. Cardiff are going to cause trouble so you limit their allocation. But generally we should offer all 3700 tickets to away supporters.

So you both wish to ignore the wishes and request of ....................our head coach ?

:blink:

3 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I think you maybe confusing the comments of a few , with reality :)

I actually think ticket allocation is something most genuine football fans should be concerned about.

I just had a quick look at your season ticket prices. For a seat at your ground your fans actually pay more than I do at Ashton Gate, (your cheapest seated tickets are more expensive than our cheapest tickets) even your standing tickets are only 20 quid a season less than what I pay! 

So I pay just over a quid extra per game, for a nice comfortable seat, with a roof, in a modern high quality stadium with excellent facilities for fans (plus I get £10 reward cash, 10% off around the stadium, £5 off coach travel, members prices for rugby) so really with all that in mind I'm effectively paying less than a standing season ticket at the Rugby Memorial Ground. Oh and I forgot to mention the obvious, I'm watching a Championship top 8 side and watch a high standard of quality football. 

So I actually think away allocations, in particular the allocations we allocate away team should really not be a genuine concern for you when you have far greater concerns like being ripped off by your own club who play in one of the worst stadiums in the EFL. 

I think it's absolutely shocking the amount your club charge you, what's more shocking is how your fans just accept it. I'd be absolutely livid if I was in your position. 

Another genuine concern for you is the majority of children in Bristol that are inclined to support their local club, are just not going to choose you. 

1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

I just had a quick look at your season ticket prices. For a seat at your ground your fans actually pay more than I do at Ashton Gate, (your cheapest seated tickets are more expensive than our cheapest tickets) even your standing tickets are only 20 quid a season less than what I pay! 

Ah but the majority of the Fewers tend to ignore facts such as these @Up The City! they tend to concentrate on the more important things like City fans being shafted over the price of an Easter Egg. 

Talking of away fans visiting that dump, one of their own suggested that they should have an away fans only HT draw to raise funds to put a roof over the away end! Never want to pay for f@ck all that lot. It’s no wonder so few want to visit there, no roof, a garden shed, portable bogs and a tent and that’s just the away end!

35 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Ah but the majority of the Fewers tend to ignore facts such as these @Up The City! they tend to concentrate on the more important things like City fans being shafted over the price of an Easter Egg. 

Talking of away fans visiting that dump, one of their own suggested that they should have an away fans only HT draw to raise funds to put a roof over the away end! Never want to pay for f@ck all that lot. It’s no wonder so few want to visit there, no roof, a garden shed, portable bogs and a tent and that’s just the away end!

An overpriced Easter egg from us or some cheesy chips from them that consists of chips with a slice of processed cheese on top, I know what I'd rather spend my money on! 

No doubt, once they have got the away fans to pay for it, they will then want that area made into a home area! 

5 hours ago, Up The City! said:

So I pay just over a quid extra per game, for a nice comfortable seat, with a roof, in a modern high quality stadium with excellent facilities for fans (plus I get £10 reward cash, 10% off around the stadium, £5 off coach travel, members prices for rugby) so really with all that in mind I'm effectively paying less than a standing season ticket at the Rugby Memorial Ground. Oh and I forgot to mention the obvious, I'm watching a Championship top 8 side and watch a high standard of quality football. 

So I actually think away allocations, in particular the allocations we allocate away team should really not be a genuine concern for you when you have far greater concerns like being ripped off by your own club who play in one of the worst stadiums in the EFL. 

I think it's absolutely shocking the amount your club charge you, what's more shocking is how your fans just accept it. I'd be absolutely livid if I was in your position. 

Another genuine concern for you is the majority of children in Bristol that are inclined to support their local club, are just not going to choose you. 

You seem to be saying 'I support a better team than you with a nicer ground'

No shit Sherlock :)

Obviously you have a very wealthy owner that has built you a ground  that enables tickets to be sold relatively cheaply (in some cases), although I am quite happy at the £280 for my season ticket, which gives me a place on a terrace (which I prefer to a seat) and also gives me discounts off things like shirts (which I won't use because fat middle aged men don't look good in football kits),  a free pasty and a pint (which I definitely will use) and a free ticket to bring a friend, which- if I ever make one- I may well use as well. It's a nice attempt at spin, but one that doesn't hold up to much scrutiny- oh and by the way, it's you that watches football at a rugby ground not me :)

Anyway, I would have thought all of that is better off in the long running and very popular Bristol Rovers thread which can normally be found on page one of this forum.

Back to away allocations, I'm not specifically concerned with the away allocations that City allow, it is more of a general concern I have that home teams limiting away support is not good for football.

I would hazard a guess that many fans best experience of watching a game involves being part of a large travelling support. In fact, I would go as far to say that many City fans would count as one of their best experiences was being part of a large away following, on a crumbling old fashioned terrace in the FA Cup in the early 80s.

Ultimately something has to be done in the longer term about where we locate the away fans. If you look at the stats for last season. We only scored about 7-8 goals at the atyeo end, whilst conceding 20+. 

LJ alluded to the fact, that against the bigger clubs with the larger fan base, giving them all or a large part of the Atyeo, played massively to the away teams advantage. As it gave them an impertus when attacking that end. I personally think we were a bit niave as a club in that respect.

Longer term, I would have the away fans in the upper Lansdown, and then both ends behind the goal would be full of home fans, and it would create a bit more of a home fortress mentality.

19 minutes ago, ncnsbcfc said:

Longer term, I would have the away fans in the upper Lansdown, and then both ends behind the goal would be full of home fans, and it would create a bit more of a home fortress mentality.

While in theory it would be a good move, and could make that % benefit that LJ is always seeking. Without major redevelopment , which may or may not include the Atyeo , I don't see this happening. Access alone makes it impracticable . 

22 minutes ago, ncnsbcfc said:

Ultimately something has to be done in the longer term about where we locate the away fans. If you look at the stats for last season. We only scored about 7-8 goals at the atyeo end, whilst conceding 20+. 

LJ alluded to the fact, that against the bigger clubs with the larger fan base, giving them all or a large part of the Atyeo, played massively to the away teams advantage. As it gave them an impertus when attacking that end. I personally think we were a bit niave as a club in that respect.

I think it's  sad day when clubs and managers even consider trying to get that little bit extra- unproven- advantage.  Admittedly those stats you quote are slightly surprising as they should be closer to 50/50, but it would take a much more in depth study to prove anything, if indeed it could be proved at all.

I know it's frightfully old school of me, but if I was a manager and one of my players even hinted that the nasty away fans were putting him off his game, I'd put a Steve Neville mask on him and feed him to Vaughan Jones :)

Great move by the club, long overdue.

2.3k is still a lot of away fans - easily enough to help create an atmosphere without going overboard so their antics become a distraction.

Who goes to a home match wanting to see and hear vast numbers of away fans? Hard to understand imo.

The next news I want is the pitch being widened back to it's traditional width.

4 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

You seem to be saying 'I support a better team than you with a nicer ground'

No shit Sherlock :)

Obviously you have a very wealthy owner that has built you a ground  that enables tickets to be sold relatively cheaply (in some cases), although I am quite happy at the £280 for my season ticket, which gives me a place on a terrace (which I prefer to a seat) and also gives me discounts off things like shirts (which I won't use because fat middle aged men don't look good in football kits),  a free pasty and a pint (which I definitely will use) and a free ticket to bring a friend, which- if I ever make one- I may well use as well. It's a nice attempt at spin, but one that doesn't hold up to much scrutiny- oh and by the way, it's you that watches football at a rugby ground not me :)

Anyway, I would have thought all of that is better off in the long running and very popular Bristol Rovers thread which can normally be found on page one of this forum.

Back to away allocations, I'm not specifically concerned with the away allocations that City allow, it is more of a general concern I have that home teams limiting away support is not good for football.

I would hazard a guess that many fans best experience of watching a game involves being part of a large travelling support. In fact, I would go as far to say that many City fans would count as one of their best experiences was being part of a large away following, on a crumbling old fashioned terrace in the FA Cup in the early 80s.

I wouldn't say we are able to sell tickets cheaply because we have a wealthy owner. After all the club did hike up the price of kids tickets in the central blocks. 

But I am just wondering, if our wealthy owner is subsiding tickets, why isn't your extremely wealthy billionaire owner also subsiding tickets for you? 

13 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I wouldn't say we are able to sell tickets cheaply because we have a wealthy owner. After all the club did hike up the price of kids tickets in the central blocks. 

But I am just wondering, if our wealthy owner is subsiding tickets, why isn't your extremely wealthy billionaire owner also subsiding tickets for you? 

I didn't say Lansdown is subsidising tickets, I said he built a bigger stadium which enables you to sell more tickets and some at a relatively cheap price!

We don't have an extremely wealthy billionaire owner.

16 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Just now, Miah Dennehy said:

I didn't say Lansdown is subsidising tickets, I said he built a bigger stadium which enables you to sell more tickets and some at a relatively cheap price!

The sale of Lloyd Kelly is close to the total income for us from all tickets for the whole season 

There’s one easy difference

Ticket revenue has more relevance to FFP than financial survival , for us

That is not the case at Rovers

Im not sure if these amounts have changed , but in 2017/18 Championship Clubs shared £72.6 million from Premier League in Solidarity Payments, League One Clubs shared £16.1 million

Theres a second difference

TV Revenues....

Theres a third 

Yes , the fees we are paying out and the wages are on a completely different scale to those in North Bristol , and thus its all relative

What it does mean tho is ticket prices and income , are far less relevant to us , than the Sags

39 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

That's probably because the football world roundly loathes Bristol Rovers, so that would include any wealthy billionaires.

45 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

The sale of Lloyd Kelly is close to the total income for us from all tickets for the whole season 

Ticket revenue has more relevance to FFP than financial survival , for us

That is not the case at Rovers

Im not sure if these amounts have changed , but in 2017/18 Championship Clubs shared £72.6 million from Premier League in Solidarity Payments, League One Clubs shared £16.1 million

Theres a second difference

TV Revenues....

Theres a third 

Yes , the fees we are paying out and the wages are on a completely different scale to those in North Bristol , and thus its all relative

What it does mean tho is ticket prices and income , are far less relevant to us , than the Sags

I'm not quite sure of the point you are trying to make, but I think we agree! As the old saying goes 'Money goes to money' and the wealthier City get, the more money they will generate, which has led to this vast gulf between our two sides which  really can't see changing anytime soon.

Unless of course we find some stinking rich, middle eastern bankers to fund us :)

14 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I'm not quite sure of the point you are trying to make, but I think we agree! As the old saying goes 'Money goes to money' and the wealthier City get, the more money they will generate, which has led to this vast gulf between our two sides which  really can't see changing anytime soon.

Unless of course we find some stinking rich, middle eastern bankers to fund us :)

Yes I think we do Miah

(Putting FFP as an aside) In simple terms and business terms our ticket prices and income are less significant to our Club than , not just to  you , but to all L1 / L2 Clubs 

The financial gulf you face looking at the Championship is similar in gulf to us and the Premier Circus 

The harsh reality is you somehow need to unearth two or theee gems , to sell and suck in some of that Championship money as we’ve done with the money paid for Reid , Bryan and Kelly with Premier Clubs riches 

9 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Why? You don’t sell out so why can you sell cheap ticket?

surely you don’t need a bigger stadium, you just use the capacity you have. 

7 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

Why? You don’t sell out so why can you sell cheap ticket?

surely you don’t need a bigger stadium, you just use the capacity you have. 

A new stadium would definitely generate more support, averaging 8000 isn’t too bad considering what a complete dump their ground is

22 hours ago, Gary Nanes said:

I see you’re new. If you think @JBFC II‘s comment makes him ignore-worthy, you might struggle here.

Other people challenging your views is part and parcel of the forum.

Archived