IGNORED

Forest Green Rovers playing in bamboo next season (Merged)

cityexile

19 hours ago, Fjmcity said:

The food at forest green is genuinely fantastic. We should all be reducing our meat consumption if you can (you can)

I find meat annoying, expensive, messy and unsanitary to prepare at home but also on the whole, entirely unnecessary to most meals. So while I am not veggie it is good to reduce your reliance on the stuff for your wallet, health and the environment. 

Most of the accepted health risks associated with eating meat are centred around the processed, cheap and mechanically extracted animal products. Exactly the type of food that is bundled with a typical match day experience.

I applaud what FGR are doing. I totally understand that not everyone will agree with Dale Vince's choices but you can't argue with the club's progress.

And although it's not really relevant to this debate, my only experience of Ashton Gate's food since the redevelopment was a pasty bought in hunger desperation two seasons ago. It was dry, tasteless and expensive. A decent vegan alternative would tempt me to part with a few quid again.

19 minutes ago, Xiled said:

Most of the accepted health risks associated with eating meat are centred around the processed, cheap and mechanically extracted animal products. Exactly the type of food that is bundled with a typical match day experience.

I applaud what FGR are doing. I totally understand that not everyone will agree with Dale Vince's choices but you can't argue with the club's progress.

And although it's not really relevant to this debate, my only experience of Ashton Gate's food since the redevelopment was a pasty bought in hunger desperation two seasons ago. It was dry, tasteless and expensive. A decent vegan alternative would tempt me to part with a few quid again.

Agreed. Whilst the development of Ashton Gate is fantastic, the food offerings largely remain appalling. 

6 hours ago, Up The City! said:

It's not a matter of choice tho is it at FGR? It's either vegan food, or no food. It's forcing someone's ideology upon someone and that's what I don't agree with. 

By the same token, when I enter Ashton Gate or the majority of football grounds, as a Vegan, I have the choice of Non-Vegan food and drink or no food and drink.  If you want to open the Pandora's box of ideology, then the conditioning and brainwashing from junior school onwards that meat and dairy are good for you, and that farms are wonderful places full of contented animals is utterly deceitful and misleading,

2 minutes ago, maxjak said:

By the same token, when I enter Ashton Gate or the majority of football grounds, as a Vegan, I have the choice of Non-Vegan food and drink or no food and drink.  If you want to open the Pandora's box of ideology, then the conditioning and brainwashing from junior school onwards that meat and dairy are good for you, and that farms are wonderful places full of contented animals is utterly deceitful and misleading,

In your opinion.

Everyone else can also have different ones.

An opinion is an expression of judgement and belief about something..............A fact is a statement that can be verified as true.   Fact relies upon observation, while opinion is an assumption.  What i stated is true, not an opinion.

1 hour ago, Leveller said:

Agreed. Whilst the development of Ashton Gate is fantastic, the food offerings largely remain appalling. 

Don't agree with that whatsoever. The choice and variety and quality these days is excellent.

24 minutes ago, maxjak said:

With all the food outlets we now have around AG it is surprising that there isn't a vegan outlet. Definitely a huge gap in the market and one that I hope is sorted soon because I believe there should be a choice for everyone. But it needs to be profitable. These days I'm sure the demand is there, however not so much in the past. 

On 07/07/2019 at 22:52, Up The City! said:

I actually have zero time for what they are trying to do. I wouldn't actually visit their ground because of this. I don't believe trying to force things on people is the right way to go about it. 

Bizarre logic. FGR are no more forcing people to eat vegan food than Bristol City are forcing people to eat meat pies, pasties and hot dogs.

5 hours ago, Leveller said:

Bizarre logic. FGR are no more forcing people to eat vegan food than Bristol City are forcing people to eat meat pies, pasties and hot dogs.

In the last few years, the amount of vegans has quadrupled so the market is now there to sell vegan food, 4 years ago if Bristol City tried selling vegan food it would have made a loss. I'm sure if a vendor were to be found now then it would be very successful. 

14 hours ago, Up The City! said:

It's not a matter of choice tho is it at FGR? It's either vegan food, or no food. It's forcing someone's ideology upon someone and that's what I don't agree with. 

Can't the average person not go an hour and a half without filling their fizzogs with overpriced football swill, vegan or not?

On 08/07/2019 at 16:16, nebristolred said:

The attitudes of the likes of Forest Green are so far ahead of anything today.... in decades/centuries time people will look back and wonder why Forest Green seemed so 'out there'.

I absolutely agree...it's just that annoying hippy, Vince, that gets on my tits.

23 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Can't the average person not go an hour and a half without filling their fizzogs with overpriced football swill, vegan or not?

Im glad that they cant because that means more cash comes into the club. 

Being realistic people travel from all over Bristol and even further. They arrive at the stadium just around lunch time. They may have hungry kids with them. Many fancy a juicy burger after a few pints. 

2 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Im glad that they cant because that means more cash comes into the club. 

Being realistic people travel from all over Bristol and even further. They arrive at the stadium just around lunch time. They may have hungry kids with them. Many fancy a juicy burger after a few pints. 

I generally stay away from the stadium food. The Chinese chippy up the hill is much better value.

As a carnivore who will also eat vegetarian or vegan  food. I can’t see why at least one stall outside cant be Vegan/Vegetarian.  VegFest was successful so why can’t the club give it a try. I’m old enough to remember rock hard pies with more gristle than meat and hot bovril/oxo ( which I wish they would reintroduce next season) but I feel we should maybe reflect the changing demographic of today’s football fans whilst not alienating those that have supported the club over the years., and offering choice. 

I think if the club trialled it for next season it could be a winner. I’m presuming that the stall holders pay a rental to the stadium which isn’t based on food sold so the stadium wouldn’t lose and perhaps may get some fans more willing to spend their money. 

Another suggestion would be that they offer a milk alternative/lactose free or Soy for Teas & Coffees .  Perhaps the coffee shop would be a good place to start if they don’t already provide this - it’s obviously a success for the major coffee chains like COSTA  and I don’t see it listed as a choice on the online menu.

Archived