IGNORED

Hallen FC v Bristol City - Friendly Matchday Thread

Septic Peg

Ahhhhhhh. Football is back!

Pre-season. It's like induction day at school. You see all the new kids and you try shit out but it's not full on just yet. 

So new kids we expect to see today? Well does Jay and Tomas count as New Kids On The Block? Both will get runs out. But also Rowe, maybe our new rumoured player coach Rene (Vicki Michelle in Allo Allo - you knows...) or maybe one of our extended deal lads might make a step up, so Semenyo or Janneh.

All fun and games in the sunshine just down the road from Blaise Castle today. I will try and post significant Twitter posts to the thread but here's the link if you want to read it yourself:

Take a look at Bristol City FC (@BristolCity): https://twitter.com/BristolCity?s=09

Again, I will post the tweets as they become available. It's good to be back girls and boys!

8-2 City

COYRS!

2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

He was back in training on Thursday apparently so he should be there.

Dasilva not back until next week.

(Bristol Post)

Sorry, Bristol post said both these things or just the Dasilva thing?

It’ll be a different City team every 30 minutes, so it will be interesting to see how many young fringe players will again be involved. Leaving aside Bakinson, Walsh and Janneh for now, will we see the likes of Dowling, Holden, Baldwin and Jonny Smith all of whom must be destined to be loaned out again. 

I wonder if one of the trialist brothers will be there... The left back position will be interesting as stated earlier with 3 teams but only one left back 

I do believe O'Dowda will feature and even though he has supposedly gone back on an agreed contract I hope the city fans get behind him instead of giving him stick and booing. He's still our player (for now) so we should get behind the boys. 

I'm going for 8+ with Matty scoring 3

25 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Hmmm. Thought Jay was back now from his holiday. Thanks for the info. Expect one of the youngsters will be LB.

Barney Soady. Academy player of the year. We produced Bryan, then Lloyd, now this kid.

Actually disappointed to not go to this one. Used to live in Easter Compton so would cycle into Hallen and watch them play.

Fell like it's going to be a bit chaotic though as Hallen has pretty much 2 roads, one through the village and one that goes to the football ground. And unless they let people park on the (vast amounts of) grass then 1500 people will be far too many. The issue being that the grass there is also used as football pitches by their reserve and youth teams.

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I do expect there will be a Trialist, there always is, and this place will go into “google picture search” meltdown trying to identify him!

Pretty sure there wasn't when we played Manor Farm a couple of years ago.

Suspect trialists will appear (if we have any) against sides a bit higher than the 9th tier.

Archived