IGNORED

Hallen FC v Bristol City - Friendly Matchday Thread

Septic Peg

Just now, BCFC11 said:

Not sure I would tbh, the way it’s being used is farcical, in 2 cases involving England alone we’ve had 2 huge goals disallowed for someone’s toe being offside, yes it’s the correct decision but it’s absolutely not clear and obvious errors to which FIFA/UEFA said it would only be used for, the whole enjoyment to which the Premier League will find out next season has now gone, checking VAR after nigh on every goal scored to find any infringement they can to disallow a goal, celebrating seeing your team score a goal may aswell be a thing of the past because half the time it’s going to be ruled out because your strikers nose was in an offside position.

It’s not hard. 

What’s soooooo difficult about understanding ‘clear and obvious’?

There should be a 1 replay/5 second rule for the VAR. If ‘unclear and not obvious’ that the referee was wrong, referee’s decision stands. 

Just now, Moor2Sea said:

It’s not hard. 

There should be a 1 replay/5 second rule for the VAR. If ‘unclear and not obvious’ that the referee was wrong, referee’s decision stands. 

Imo it should be the Ref’s decision full stop whether to involve VAR if they or the Lino have the slightest of doubt then yes check it, but to just check it ‘just incase’ like they do currently is ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Moor2Sea said:

It’s not hard. 

Exactly. There has to be a time limit. It took an age for the goal to be ruled out in the semi final...How clear and obvious was that!

12 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Not sure I would tbh, the way it’s being used is farcical, in 2 cases involving England alone we’ve had 2 huge goals disallowed for someone’s toe being offside, yes it’s the correct decision but it’s absolutely not clear and obvious errors to which FIFA/UEFA said it would only be used for, the whole enjoyment to which the Premier League will find out next season has now gone, checking VAR after nigh on every goal scored to find any infringement they can to disallow a goal, celebrating seeing your team score a goal may aswell be a thing of the past because half the time it’s going to be ruled out because your strikers nose was in an offside position.

The problem comes with how the system works with VAR.

You can't flag a player offside as it stops the play, if it then proves to be wrong you have stopped a goal and you can't go back to that moment in time.

That means no flag and you play until the move ends. A goal means they then check everything as if their sole purpose is to cancel goals. 

I hate the time it takes, it's like they are scared to make a decision and so check, check and re-check. The England game in the Nations Cup when there was a cross that hit a defenders back. Ref gave nowt, went to VAR. First replay, I relaxed as it was clear that the ball hit his back, it then took a full 2 minutes of checking to come to the same decision that I could see in 20 seconds. This is what is going cause games to finish at midnight ! Didn't one game in the WWC have an extra 15 minutes ? Madness , and no fun for supporters.

25 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Sags still coming for us ?

There is actually a formula for this kind of thing . You scored 4 more than us and we conceded 1 more than you, giving you 5 points. However, Yate Town are 2 divisions higher than Hallen , which devalues each point by 2, putting us 5 points ahead. Factor in the large away support at Yate Town and the many, many more Gas who were in the vicinity(EG, I have 3 mates who live in Yate who didn't go to the game) and the actual nett result in real terms is a whopping 25-0 win to Rovers.

So, in answer to your question, yes, we are still coming for you.

VAR is another nail in the football coffin for me and I suspect I am far from alone.Complete and utter joke.Might as well just watch the highlights on telly instead of going to the match if it is going to carry on like this.

3 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

There is actually a formula for this kind of thing . You scored 4 more than us and we conceded 1 more than you, giving you 5 points. However, Yate Town are 2 divisions higher than Hallen , which devalues each point by 2, putting us 5 points ahead. Factor in the large away support at Yate Town and the many, many more Gas who were in the vicinity(EG, I have 3 mates who live in Yate who didn't go to the game) and the actual nett result in real terms is a whopping 25-0 win to Rovers.

I am now officially worried !

:shocking:

53 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

Didn't Sam Baldock teach you never to talk to City players in pre-season?

Shhhsh, that's when the kidnapping and padlocked cupboard  stuff began...  DM's in recovery right now but you never know what might prompt a relapse in cases like this!  :)  

12 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

That is the finest bit of #gaslogic in a while.

I do like the Fewers that post here, they are great value.

Archived