IGNORED

Hallen FC v Bristol City - Friendly Matchday Thread

Septic Peg

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

Got meself a bloke now, so no more hiding footballers in me cupboard! ;) 

Could you get a secret cupboard and lock webster in it?  pretty please??  only until the window closes then someone else can have him to play with down the gate.

.its not that I don't trust other city females,  its because I could trust you to see a job through

35 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

There is actually a formula for this kind of thing . You scored 4 more than us and we conceded 1 more than you, giving you 5 points. However, Yate Town are 2 divisions higher than Hallen , which devalues each point by 2, putting us 5 points ahead. Factor in the large away support at Yate Town and the many, many more Gas who were in the vicinity(EG, I have 3 mates who live in Yate who didn't go to the game) and the actual nett result in real terms is a whopping 25-0 win to Rovers.

So, in answer to your question, yes, we are still coming for you.

In a parallel universe, that'd be considered rocket science.  Good work!

Really enjoyable day out and what a great little setup Hallen have down there.

Impossible to judge performances given the opposition but it was a good work out for the lads. 

What did surprise me was how much of a dominating figure Bakinson is, he has a real presence in the middle of the pitch and is a good footballer.

I managed to get a quick chat with Kalas and a picture of him and my son, top bloke.

51 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I can't be the only one hoping @Olé went to the game today and we get a comprehensive write up.

Match Report

There were goals. Lots of them. It was liquid football. But mainly a double helping of goals with goals on top and a side order of goals to go. If you like goals this was the football match for you. It had everything. But especially it had goals. Players who scored goals. Goals that were scored by players. Everyone scoring goals. Goals goals goals. I can report there were goals.

32 x players (I'm not typing them all in) - 10/10

Pack 5/10

Will that do? Unfortunately I'm in Peckham right now rather than Henbury so it's not up to my usual boring long winded standard, although I gather that Marley Watkins was among the scorers so I'm not entirely convinced a football match actually took place today so much as we are all having one massive group hallucination. I will be at AFC Wimbledon on Tuesday.

Too many players to give ratings to but Weimann and Szmodics looked well sharp in the first period, while Bakinson looked imperious in midfield. Rowe looked neat while the lesser spotted Watkins played effectively through the middle. 

Second period the standouts for me were the footwork of Walsh and Brownhill in midfield, and the potential partnership of Fammy and Semenyi upfront. 

Min the final third it was again the midfield that shone, this time Holden and Lemonheigh-Evans, allied to the trickery of Johnny Smith and Freddie Hinds, and the speed of Janneh. 

Both keepers, Gilmartin and Wollacott, must get a mention as each saved a penalty. Two Hallen players are also worthy of mention. The right back who made some great tackles and showed good pace, and the keeper. Although he ended up conceding 14 goals he also pulled off 7-8 cracking saves. 

Finally, despite what it says on some sites City’s goal scorers were:

Weimann 3, Szmodics 2, Semenyo 2, Janneh 2 and one each for Watkins, Taylor,  Smith, Lemonheigh-Evans and Holden. 

9 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Too many players to give ratings to but Weimann and Szmodics looked well sharp in the first period, while Bakinson looked imperious in midfield. Rowe looked neat while the lesser spotted Watkins played effectively through the middle. 

Second period the standouts for me were the footwork of Walsh and Brownhill in midfield, and the potential partnership of Fammy and Semenyi upfront. 

Min the final third it was again the midfield that shone, this time Holden and Lemonheigh-Evans, allied to the trickery of Johnny Smith and Freddie Hinds, and the speed of Janneh. 

Both keepers, Gilmartin and Wollacott, must get a mention as each saved a penalty. Two Hallen players are also worthy of mention. The right back who made some great tackles and showed good pace, and the keeper. Although he ended up conceding 14 goals he also pulled off 7-8 cracking saves. 

Weimann 3, Szmodics 2, Semenyo 2, Janneh 2 and one each for Watkins, Taylor,  Smith, Lemonheigh-Evans and Holden. 

Agree about the keeper for them. Made some terrific saves .  

Nice day out for all . 

12 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Too many players to give ratings to but Weimann and Szmodics looked well sharp in the first period, 

and the keeper. Although he ended up conceding 14 goals he also pulled off 7-8 cracking saves. 

Pleasing to see players already looking sharp in the first game of the pre season.

Many years ago City hit nine against Dartmouth in a Cup game. They then signed that keeper!

30 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

So am I right in saying Szmodics was more of a striker partner for Weimann than attacking midfielder?

8 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

He seemed to have a roving commission. Getting into striking positions certainly but was linking with both Weimann and Watkins who seemed to be the second striker. 

Interesting. Well Marley did play there a lot for Barnsley. People always joke about Watkins, and even laughed at me when I said this before. But he was very good at Barnsley in the championship. Maybe he is still in LJ's plans.

Archived