IGNORED

Hallen FC v Bristol City - Friendly Matchday Thread

Septic Peg

15 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Best moment of the game (and will be in the top 5 of the season) was O’Dowda being bombed out playing left back in the u23s side. I really wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t go to America on pre season tour. Lovely stuff ?

Sorry , disagree

Whats the benefit in that ?

1 hour ago, Olé said:

Match Report

There were goals. Lots of them. It was liquid football. But mainly a double helping of goals with goals on top and a side order of goals to go. If you like goals this was the football match for you. It had everything. But especially it had goals. Players who scored goals. Goals that were scored by players. Everyone scoring goals. Goals goals goals. I can report there were goals.

Still not enough goals for my liking. 

And Pack surely 1/10 for not scoring enough goals. 

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Sorry , disagree

Serve him right for going to the papers about his deal? Mocking injury the whole second half of the season basically but then seemingly fine to play for Ireland? Sooner he realises he’s in the wrong or gets shipped out the better. This is the best way to see what he’s made of. 

9 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Sorry , disagree

On the other side, what benefit is there in keeping someone who has messed the club around and presumably doesn’t want to be here?

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Serve him right for going to the papers about his deal? Mocking injury the whole second half of the season basically but then seemingly fine to play for Ireland? Sooner he realises he’s in the wrong or gets shipped out the better. This is the best way to see what he’s made of. 

I like and rate COD as a player. We clearly have a problem with him and it appears he wants to move on.Neither of us or anyone on here knows the full story why.

Assuming that LJ is correct about COD not signing a contract having at one point indicated he would , that’s not great

Also assuming that LJs comments about COD and injuries are fair / reasonable , that doesn’t sound good either

So we have limited options

Carry on as normal and treat him like any squad member and see what develops 

In the unlikely event he goes to LJ and says , sorry , I’m up for this give me a pen , we have got a very decent player back on board

Probably ideal and the reality is to sell him but we will want a decent fee and he’s committed to looking for a certain wage I assume so not easy

We certainly arnt going to see him sign a new contract , or increase in value or attractiveness by ostracising or bullying him.

For me , if he won’t sign anew contract and LJ won’t play or use him then we need to get the best fee we can for him and may not be able to be too fussy (Or gamble sndbhope someone buys him in Jan but that would be a low fee I’d suggest)

If we arnt going to use him and can’t find a buyer , and LJ isn’t  going to use him then we’d actually be better to get him out on loan , cut our losses , and get his wages paid this season at least 

I’d ignore the situation of today with three sides played but ostracising him benefits no one

Just now, BCFC11 said:

On the other side, what benefit is there in keeping someone who has messed the club around and presumably doesn’t want to be here?

Where exactly did did I say we should keep him  ?

See above

40 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Best moment of the game (and will be in the top 5 of the season) was O’Dowda being bombed out playing left back in the u23s side. I really wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t go to America on pre season tour. Lovely stuff ?

Don't think it was an under 23 team at all

3 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Too many players to give ratings to but Weimann and Szmodics looked well sharp in the first period, while Bakinson looked imperious in midfield. Rowe looked neat while the lesser spotted Watkins played effectively through the middle. 

Second period the standouts for me were the footwork of Walsh and Brownhill in midfield, and the potential partnership of Fammy and Semenyi upfront. 

Min the final third it was again the midfield that shone, this time Holden and Lemonheigh-Evans, allied to the trickery of Johnny Smith and Freddie Hinds, and the speed of Janneh. 

Both keepers, Gilmartin and Wollacott, must get a mention as each saved a penalty. Two Hallen players are also worthy of mention. The right back who made some great tackles and showed good pace, and the keeper. Although he ended up conceding 14 goals he also pulled off 7-8 cracking saves. 

Finally, despite what it says on some sites City’s goal scorers were:

Weimann 3, Szmodics 2, Semenyo 2, Janneh 2 and one each for Watkins, Taylor,  Smith, Lemonheigh-Evans and Holden. 

I started reading this and thought ‘surely he hasn’t travelled from London to Bristol for this’. 

Luckily you cleared that up pretty quickly, otherwise I would’ve recommended you checking into rehab! 

16 hours ago, downendcity said:

Welcome back Peg. 

Is this a friendly mdt as opposed to an argumentative and hostile mdt? 

:)

It wouldn’t have taken much longer to post ‘match day thread’ rather than mdt ... doubt you achieved much in the time you saved.

The world right now seems obsessed with abbreviations - most of which nobody can understand without looking them up in the ‘oh so trendy urban dictionary’ - and now it’s crept onto here ... 

6 hours ago, 22A said:

Pleasing to see players already looking sharp in the first game of the pre season.

Many years ago City hit nine against Dartmouth in a Cup game. They then signed that keeper!

I remember us hitting 9 against St Albans in a cup game - when did we do that vs Dartmouth? And in what Cup competition? 

5 hours ago, Dolman_Stand said:

How did Soady look then?

5 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

He did OK against this opposition but I wouldn't wish to judge him on this game. To be honest I didn't know he was other than a blonde kid with 3 on his back until I was told his name. 

Post are reporting that he only found out he was playing an hour before kick off. If that changes opinions.

5 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I like and rate COD as a player. We clearly have a problem with him and it appears he wants to move on.Neither of us or anyone on here knows the full story why.

Assuming that LJ is correct about COD not signing a contract having at one point indicated he would , that’s not great

Also assuming that LJs comments about COD and injuries are fair / reasonable , that doesn’t sound good either

So we have limited options

Carry on as normal and treat him like any squad member and see what develops 

In the unlikely event he goes to LJ and says , sorry , I’m up for this give me a pen , we have got a very decent player back on board

Probably ideal and the reality is to sell him but we will want a decent fee and he’s committed to looking for a certain wage I assume so not easy

We certainly arnt going to see him sign a new contract , or increase in value or attractiveness by ostracising or bullying him.

For me , if he won’t sign anew contract and LJ won’t play or use him then we need to get the best fee we can for him and may not be able to be too fussy (Or gamble sndbhope someone buys him in Jan but that would be a low fee I’d suggest)

If we arnt going to use him and can’t find a buyer , and LJ isn’t  going to use him then we’d actually be better to get him out on loan , cut our losses , and get his wages paid this season at least 

I’d ignore the situation of today with three sides played but ostracising him benefits no one

Where exactly did did I say we should keep him  ?

See above

The other point I would add is that as far as we know there have been no bids for him.

He may have been led to believe there would be a queue of clubs in for him but the only two suggested, Leeds and Forest, now seem unlikely.

On the one hand that could lead to him having to climb down, on the other we might have to take whatever we can get for him. An impasse suits nobody.

6 hours ago, chinapig said:

The other point I would add is that as far as we know there have been no bids for him.

He may have been led to believe there would be a queue of clubs in for him but the only two suggested, Leeds and Forest, now seem unlikely.

On the one hand that could lead to him having to climb down, on the other we might have to take whatever we can get for him. An impasse suits nobody.

A scenario where he runs his contract down and leaves on a free, that would see plenty of interest then. As things stand it could happen, hope I'm wrong and something gets sorted one way or another. It does seem he has been poorly advised so far.

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

A scenario where he runs his contract down and leaves on a free, that would see plenty of interest then. As things stand it could happen, hope I'm wrong and something gets sorted one way or another. It does seem he has been poorly advised so far.

He seems like quite an intelligent lad so it would be surprising if he managed to stunt his development for a year for the sake of pushing for a transfer. He'd only just forced his way into the first team.

13 minutes ago, mozo said:

He seems like quite an intelligent lad so it would be surprising if he managed to stunt his development for a year for the sake of pushing for a transfer. He'd only just forced his way into the first team.

He may be as you describe but he may also be being influenced by his agent and, allegedly, by a pushy parent.

He should ask Zac Clough what that does for a career.

4 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

Anyone know what’s going on with Korey? Is he still injured?

Was surprised he didn’t play yesterday.

He’s out until November ,at least IIRC 

Even if there are no hiccups he has to then get fit , then match fit 

Think he’s still in a protective boot isn’t he 

27 minutes ago, mozo said:

I would agree , on appearances. When he first came he looked eager to learn and keen to take on LJ's instruction.
I think @chinapig may have at least part of the reason, had his head turned by and agent and got carried away by some over excited family support. While the second may be well meaning ( and that Clough reference is apt ) , the Agent's intentions may not be just to better COD's career.  At his age (24) he won't want to play U23s football all year, he needs to make a decision , along with the club.

Archived