IGNORED

Hallen FC v Bristol City - Friendly Matchday Thread

Septic Peg

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It wouldn’t have taken much longer to post ‘match day thread’ rather than mdt ... doubt you achieved much in the time you saved.

The world right now seems obsessed with abbreviations - most of which nobody can understand without looking them up in the ‘oh so trendy urban dictionary’ - and now it’s crept onto here ... 

If I was only going to write "match day thread" once, I would have done, but as I was writing "match day thread" more than once, I thought that "writing match day" thread in full would seem excessive, so used the abbreviation mtd instead of the full wording "match day thread".

At aged 65, I am not a youngster who habitually uses text speak or abbreviations, although I have been known to use abbreviations  that appear to be in fairly common use on OTIB, hence my use of  mdt instead of "match day thread".

Postscript. I will in future avoid abbreviations, as,  being retired I have no need to save the minuscule amounts of time that would result from their use.

:)  

4 minutes ago, downendcity said:

If I was only going to write "match day thread" once, I would have done, but as I was writing "match day thread" more than once, I thought that "writing match day" thread in full would seem excessive, so used the abbreviation mtd instead of the full wording "match day thread".

At aged 65, I am not a youngster who habitually uses text speak or abbreviations, although I have been known to use abbreviations  that appear to be in fairly common use on OTIB, hence my use of  mdt instead of "match day thread".

Postscript. I will in future avoid abbreviations, as,  being retired I have no need to save the minuscule amounts of time that would result from their use.

It is impossible to please some. Keep going and ignore those who complain about your efforts!

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I remember us hitting 9 against St Albans in a cup game - when did we do that vs Dartmouth? And in what Cup competition? 

OOPs, sorry, it was Dartford, not Dartmouth. It was the 1947-48 FA Cup 1st round. The goal keeper was Frank Coombs and he was signed in the Summer of 1948.

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

Cheers for the reply! I was only joshing - hate text speak and all that stuff!

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Cheers for the reply! I was only joshing - hate text speak and all that stuff!

AFAIC and FWIW I agree with you . 

As I hope you twigged i was also only joshing - :laugh:. ( was trying to type the abbreviationLOL but it defaults to the laugh emoji!)

IIRC  Jimmy Young would say TTFN

19 hours ago, yardy said:

Really enjoyable day out and what a great little setup Hallen have down there.

Impossible to judge performances given the opposition but it was a good work out for the lads. 

What did surprise me was how much of a dominating figure Bakinson is, he has a real presence in the middle of the pitch and is a good footballer.

I managed to get a quick chat with Kalas and a picture of him and my son, top bloke.

I like him, he has a big future here imo.

Hallen deserve a lot of credit, pitch looked good, plenty for the kids, burger and ice cream vans, and really good bar facilities.

Nice little stand to sit in as well.

I've been to all the pre-season community games over the years and yesterday was the best imo.

3 hours ago, downendcity said:

MTD = match day thread now I'm confused!

9 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

He’s out until November ,at least IIRC 

Even if there are no hiccups he has to then get fit , then match fit 

Think he’s still in a protective boot isn’t he 

I spoke to him last weekend at a CHSW charity event. He is still in a boot and hopes to be playing around October.

Just now, Coppello said:

Was the game not filmed on Saturday? I’d quite like to see a few highlights including Szmodics goal. I believe the community game was filmed last year so I’d be surprised if they hadn’t bothered. 

Pretty sure it was being filmed, as there was a drone flying above all game, and a camera on a scaffolding platform by the main stand! 

I know it is only Hallem, but..........................

More good link up play between Fammy and Semenyo for Semenyo's first goal (2.17), like at Preston away. Could this be our front two for next season?

Nice to see Janneh fighting like a dog for his tap in (3.37)

Great strike by Holden (4.00), but best goal was Sammy (00.25).

Also, penalty save by Wollacott  (2.33)  is impressive and worthy of a higher level. 

Still, nobody puts 15 past Hallem in a pre-season friendly. 

Archived