IGNORED

Le Tour

SecretSam

9 minutes ago, TomF said:

Think Thomas going to find it really hard without Frome alongside him. Quite an open race potentially. 

I think that Thomas will be riding for Bernal in the final week. Thomas doesn't appear to be in the same form as last year and Bernal is on fire. I agree that it could be very open, and there are a lot of potential winners. It should be close going in to the last week, which looks absolutely brutal.

1 minute ago, SecretSam said:

Which Yates, though?  Can you tell them apart?!?!?!?!

Adam. Simon is in 162nd place, and already four minutes off the lead! He's saving himself to help Adam in the final week...

And no, I can't! One of them has a scar, but I can't remember which... 

44 minutes ago, TomF said:

G’s bike snapped in half! Seems ok but had to burn up energy to catch up again 

I`m no engineer but I guess if they`re made of carbon fibre that can happen if there`s a flaw in the material? You`d think they`d all be laser scanned or something like they do with bridges and stuff to identify any fault though. 

Still only 1`12" off the lead with the big stuff still to come so I`m still believing he can do it - it really does depend on how much of his preparation was done under the assumption that Chris would be there and how much he`s had to change it IMO.

10 hours ago, Frenchay Red said:

It was Gianni Moscon's bike. He came down quite heavily. Haven't seen any reports of his injuries, so hopefully ok. 

Ah when I was watching they suggested Thomas has taken Moscon’s bike.  Great stage tho 

3 hours ago, Frenchay Red said:

What a thrilling stage today in what appeared on paper to be an easy day for GC contenders and just one for the sprinters. Just proves that you don't always need mountain stages to gain time on rivals. 

Yep that crosswind caught out many. Good work by G and Ineos.

9 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

Just watched the highlights. Wow, what a time trial for Alaphilippe ?

A performance like that, totally unexpected and so much stronger against all those riding who have long and historically successful time trialing palmares,  can't help but make you wonder.....................?

Let's see how fast he rips up the Tourmalet today!

Archived