IGNORED

Le Tour

SecretSam

Superb ride from Nibali and so glad he got the stage win.

Bernal wins the Tour, G second and Kruijswijk third. A nice touch from G putting his arm round Egan as they crossed the line.

Looking forward to watching many years of EB, he really looks like he could dominate for ten years if he wants to.

I forgot (believe first time ever) City were playing Crystal Palace as have been watching Le Tour - bet Bernal to win GC @ 40/1 (before Froome got injured). What a great Tour - the most exciting for many years - so many riders in contention. IMO cycling is the only sport to watch now over the Summer (since cricket is rarely on terrestrial TV). Football starts now - all other sport "c'est fini" - COYR!

What a great tour, even the first week was exciting! I’m always gutted when the tour ends but am particularly gutted this year!

G was exemplary throughout, such a good sports person. Shame about Luke Rowe’s Dismissal, but to be expected. 

Well done to Bernal, pretty sure he would have taken the win regardless of the events of the last few days!

3 hours ago, Champion Dung Spreader said:

I forgot (believe first time ever) City were playing Crystal Palace as have been watching Le Tour - bet Bernal to win GC @ 40/1 (before Froome got injured). What a great Tour - the most exciting for many years - so many riders in contention. IMO cycling is the only sport to watch now over the Summer (since cricket is rarely on terrestrial TV). Football starts now - all other sport "c'est fini" - COYR!

Don't forget the Vuelta, and the World's in the UK this year. Might help to lift the gloom in the unlikely event that the City have made a storming start to the season! ?

18 hours ago, Frenchay Red said:

Don't forget the Vuelta, and the World's in the UK this year. Might help to lift the gloom in the unlikely event that the City haven't made a storming start to the season! ?

Needed an edit to make sense. 

Not that many of my posts make much sense!

3 hours ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Absolutely. Just such a shame that it's at the expense of Sam Bennett. It looked like the green jersey would be Sagan's forever. Gutted that Sam won't be able to defend it but delighted to see Cav back.

Yep feel for him, looking at the stages I think Bennett could have got the Green Jersey.   Cav must be eyeing up stages 3/4/5/6

Gutted to not be going this year. Stage 2 is starting in Perros Guirec and then heads through Lannion. This is a regular vacation spot for me and the family, staying just down the road at Le Yaudet. I know those roads around Lannion very well. Would’ve loved to have been over there this weekend. 

9 hours ago, Harry said:

Gutted to not be going this year. Stage 2 is starting in Perros Guirec and then heads through Lannion. This is a regular vacation spot for me and the family, staying just down the road at Le Yaudet. I know those roads around Lannion very well. Would’ve loved to have been over there this weekend. 

Carcassonne is staging a finish and a start this year mate, I’ll raise a glass on that day.

I know the roads around there better than I do Teignmouth, which incidentally is twinned with Perros Guirec.

5 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Carcassonne is staging a finish and a start this year mate, I’ll raise a glass on that day.

I know the roads around there better than I do Teignmouth, which incidentally is twinned with Perros Guirec.

Yes mate. It was a pleasure to meet you that day in Carcassone (if I recall, one beer turned into a few ha ha). 
Great Perros Guirec fact - I didn’t know that. Lovely round there though. 

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yes mate. It was a pleasure to meet you that day in Carcassone (if I recall, one beer turned into a few ha ha). 
Great Perros Guirec fact - I didn’t know that. Lovely round there though. 

Yes a gorgeous coastline. I’m really missing France, I think the last 2 years is the longest I’ve been without a French fix for over 30 years.

Im not sure if watching Le Tour will help ease the pain or make it worse

Archived