IGNORED

More Loopholes - Youngsters Going Abroad...To Sister Clubs

Davefevs

40 minutes ago, Unan said:

Similsr to when Watford signed players at their sister club & loaned them to themselves so they wouldn't go over FFP.

Thought the Watford thing was more a case of.

Owners of Italian club- pre-existing Serie A club Udinese who were top 5-top 8 most years under them buy Watford.

Loan them to Watford- to a) Boost Watford b) Put them in the shop window and c) FFP as you say.

Granada were also in there somewhere.

At the time Watford were at our level so Vydra e.g. came from Udinese- but Vydra was a pre-existing Udinese player before the Pozzos came in- looked through a few in fact most from 2012-13 Udinese-Watford deals and pretty all of them were pre-existing Udinese or in one case Granada players- so yeah they exploited a loophope but not quite the same as saying they were signed specifically for loan to Watford. Perhaps one of them or 2 at most were signed specificlaly for this purpose but a lot were pre-existing or younger/fringe players.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Thought the Watford thing was more a case of.

Owners of Italian club- pre-existing Serie A club Udinese who were top 5-top 8 most years under them buy Watford.

Loan them to Watford- to a) Boost Watford b) Put them in the shop window and c) FFP as you say.

Granada were also in there somewhere.

At the time Watford were at our level so Vydra e.g. came from Udinese- but Vydra was a pre-existing Udinese player before the Pozzos came in- looked through a few in fact most from 2012-13 Udinese-Watford deals and pretty all of them were pre-existing Udinese or in one case Granada players- so yeah they exploited a loophope but not quite the same as saying they were signed specifically for loan to Watford. Perhaps one of them or 2 at most were signed specificlaly for this purpose but a lot were pre-existing or younger/fringe players.

I had heard from a Watford friend they'd signed a few players to Granada specifically to get around FGPS.  Sent him a message asking for more details as I'm too lazy to look myself 

37 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Always thought this , SL could , in theory buy a second or third tier Belgian Club , buy up some of Europe’s best talent and sell BCFC the best , for peanuts 

#BuyaclubforMaggie

Yeah I'm surprised there isn't a Lansdown club abroad.

Also what happened to his African connection (Botswana?)?

4 minutes ago, Unan said:

I had heard from a Watford friend they'd signed a few players to Granada specifically to get around FGPS.  Sent him a message asking for more details as I'm too lazy to look myself 

It's all pretty murky in any case- maybe it was more of a Granada-Watford thing then, that aspect rather than Udinese-Watford.

Football is too massive to cover all the loopholes. The mega rich will always find away around rules. This article proves it. This sort of thing does not really bother me. 

On another note, the article mentioned Ampadu. Thought under 18s could not move for football reasons? So he couldn’t have gone to Vitesse for cheaper development fee, no?

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

Football is too massive to cover all the loopholes. The mega rich will always find away around rules. This article proves it. This sort of thing does not really bother me. 

On another note, the article mentioned Ampadu. Thought under 18s could not move for football reasons? So he couldn’t have gone to Vitesse for cheaper development fee, no?

While I agree , especially the "The mega rich will always find away around rules" bit , it has already been used against big clubs. This may mean that the powers that be will close this one, they can already hoover up the young talent though the academy system. Buying from a lower their academy for a relative pittance , we don't need another route to cheat other clubs. 

4 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

While I agree , especially the "The mega rich will always find away around rules" bit , it has already been used against big clubs. This may mean that the powers that be will close this one, they can already hoover up the young talent though the academy system. Buying from a lower their academy for a relative pittance , we don't need another route to cheat other clubs. 

That is what I am saying though. Close the route they will find another. Maybe just make compensation a set amount for everyone no matter the country. Then at least if this happens the club losing the player will be more fairly compensated. 

2 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Could be done with a fair few of them- but it would take a concerted effort- ok I'm just talking EFL FFP ones, maybe this would need FIFA or UEFA to do it, would need to be something more international.

Closer to home though, EFL FFP loopholes could definitely be closed off quite quickly if a) The right people were in place even if only temping and b) The will was truly there.

Back to the sister club thing, could this be done domestically or is this an international rule?

11 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

That is what I am saying though. Close the route they will find another. Maybe just make compensation a set amount for everyone no matter the country. Then at least if this happens the club losing the player will be more fairly compensated. 

I can still see a problem.

Player A gets nicked at £150k , even with the usual % sell on if he goes to the feeder clubs parent for £1m the % is minimal. Then he's is suddenly worth £££££££££
With luck the League will show some backbone and do something, won't hold my breath though.

11 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I can still see a problem.

Player A gets nicked at £150k , even with the usual % sell on if he goes to the feeder clubs parent for £1m the % is minimal. Then he's is suddenly worth £££££££££
With luck the League will show some backbone and do something, won't hold my breath though.

Think football is just too big to really regulate it fairly. Hundreds of teams and thousands of players at a decent professional level. There is a lot of money in it though and you’d guess FIFA could afford a unit to watch over things like this if the rules were put into place. Thing with FIFA(and FAs)though is not the rules. It is the punishment(or lack of) for breaking them.

Archived