IGNORED

Pontus Jansson signs for Brentford

Gary Nanes

Just now, Gary Nanes said:

Just a bit for divisions best CB.

Bielsa has fallen out with him and frozen him out according to Twitter. Phil Hay and the BBC say he’s all but gone.

Well yeah- when you put it like that!

Probably blowback from Bielsa allowing Aston Villa to score and him trying to dive in and stop it- still I'd expect them to try to maximise any value even if they want him out!

4 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

Would love him here but think it’s a bit optimistic and that he will go for more than £4m. Will probably go to a lower or newly-promoted Prem side

Villa are looking for a centre back !

8 minutes ago, Gary Nanes said:

Just a bit for divisions best CB.

Bielsa has fallen out with him and frozen him out according to Twitter. Phil Hay and the BBC say he’s all but gone.

Appears to have all started with Leeds allowing Derby to score and Jansson disagreeing and trying to stop it , IIRC Bielsa took him off 

Thought I read Sheffield United are interested. I wouldn't be a fan of going to a back 3 just for him. Didn't look right last season when Kalas was right and Webster left. They were more like full backs.

If I had him then I'd have Kalas and Webster ahead of him because of how great they are together. Can't really get someone like that in as back up.

15 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Appears to have all started with Leeds allowing Derby to score and Jansson disagreeing and trying to stop it , IIRC Bielsa took him off 

Against Villa that was. Didn’t bring him off, dropped him for the playoff games against Derby though.

2 minutes ago, Gary Nanes said:

Against Villa that was. Didn’t bring him off, dropped him for the playoff games against Derby though.

Sorry

yes your right

post season dementia !

it was Villa and think you are right about leaving him out

But it seemed to be the walk in goal that started the problem 

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

The ONLY player to come out of that farce with any credit imo.

I do hope we aren’t in the mix for him, as that would probably mean Webster could well be off, or we’ll go for 3 at the back Webster, Jansson, and Kalas. What a dream that would be, the only downside would be that given Referees performances against us they’d have a field day with Jansson.

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Totally agree

And they sold Mepham for ?

They run their business very well

still don’t like em for some reason  !

Very well indeed- always thought with our better facilities, bigger revenue base we could be like a "Brentford Plus" or look at it as a model at least- obviously we have an academy but I don't think they do but some similar principles  applicable for sure.

Were they to hold onto Maupay and sign Jansson, playoff contenders IMO. They had a bad spell last year when Smith went but 2nd half of the season seemed to yield good results/displays for them.

Archived