IGNORED

Pontus Jansson signs for Brentford

Gary Nanes

On 07/07/2019 at 11:16, Davefevs said:

We need others to take responsibility too.  Not enough goals from all over the pitch.

Absolutely. Only Andi and Fam got over double figures, next best was Josh with a very average 6 .... 

Weird people want Fam gone but no-one is calling for Andi to be sold despite an inferior return over a longer period. 

4 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Absolutely. Only Andi and Fam got over double figures, next best was Josh with a very average 6 .... 

Weird people want Fam gone but no-one is calling for Andi to be sold despite an inferior return over a longer period. 

Andi was shunted out wide when Fam came back in after his ban - Weimann had notched 5 in 5 games up until that point ... nothing weird about people not wanting to get rid of Weimann ...

10 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Andi was shunted out wide when Fam came back in after his ban - Weimann had notched 5 in 5 games up until that point ... nothing weird about people not wanting to get rid of Weimann ...

Not quite though was it. Weimann was moved out wide after not scoring for a long long time.

I can only imagine that the bigger fish have got wind of the fact this lad is trouble hence them not being interested. Could work out well for Brentford though if they can keep him in line. Be a disaster if they don’t on the other hand though.

46 minutes ago, James54De said:

Not quite though was it. Weimann was moved out wide after not scoring for a long long time.

Err no he wasn’t @BS4 on Tour... is spot on as soon as Fam’s ban was over he was straight into the starting XI pushing Weimann to the wing, where his form dipped somewhat. Was harsh from LJ imo as who knows Weimann could of scored a whole lot more, especially the way we were playing at the time with Taylor playing just behind him iirc.

43 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

I can only imagine that the bigger fish have got wind of the fact this lad is trouble hence them not being interested. Could work out well for Brentford though if they can keep him in line. Be a disaster if they don’t on the other hand though.

Although it doesn’t name them, he turned down other offers to go to Brentford. As said previous such a strange move.

• Admin
8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Weimann spent the next 13 (goalless) games partnering Fam upon his return, it was then that Johnson moved him wide.

9 hours ago, hodge said:

What are the odds of Leeds finishing bottom half?

Fair - they've also flogged Jack Clark to Spurs.  If Roofe goes as well I'd even stick an E/W on them being bottom 6

3 minutes ago, TomF said:

Fair - they've also flogged Jack Clark to Spurs.  If Roofe goes as well I'd even stick an E/W on them being bottom 6

Easy now, I'm sure plenty were saying the same about us after we sold Bryan, Flint & Reid.

Look how that turned out ;)

11 minutes ago, TomF said:

Phillips to villa potentially. Clarke hasn't played a full 90 yet so interesting how he does this season. 

46 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Thinking about this transfer. Whilst watching that bizarre Leeds Villa game last season. The Leeds coach gave villa a goal back. But PJ tried to stop it . Something wasn’t right then IMO . Purely speculation 

Think that played its role- Bielsa wasn't happy about Jansson defying his orders.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Think that played its role- Bielsa wasn't happy about Jansson defying his orders.

And rightly so. Couldn’t believe he didn’t haul him off there and then - though maybe they had used all their subs, can’t remember. I said to myself there and then he’d be gone in the summer if Bielsa stays!

Archived