IGNORED

Pontus Jansson signs for Brentford

Gary Nanes

39 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Clarke is back at Leeds on a season long loan though. 

Yep only just noticed that. Seems a lot of unrest though. I wonder if MB will last the season. Whole thing seems fairly volatile. 

46 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

And rightly so. Couldn’t believe he didn’t haul him off there and then - though maybe they had used all their subs, can’t remember. I said to myself there and then he’d be gone in the summer if Bielsa stays!

I wouldn’t of hauled him off, yes it was Bielsa’s call to give Villa the goal, but Jansson imo was absolutely spot on with his actions, Leeds had every right to carry on when they scored. Play to the whistle. 

1 hour ago, Unan said:

Just been on the Leeds forum, Jannson has gone from "without a doubt the best CB in the divison" to "he was good but he's not on the same level as players like Webster" 

??

Fickle lot. We would never do something like that on OTIB, would we?

:whistle:

49 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

I wouldn’t of hauled him off, yes it was Bielsa’s call to give Villa the goal, but Jansson imo was absolutely spot on with his actions, Leeds had every right to carry on when they scored. Play to the whistle. 

He most definitely wasn’t. His manager had clearly communicated his instruction to let Villa score and he was the one player who tried to oppose it and intervene - albeit half heartedly from memory. 

Obviously don’t know what’s gone on but suspect strongly that had he stood idly by and watched them score he’d still be a Leeds player. 

6 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

He most definitely wasn’t. His manager had clearly communicated his instruction to let Villa score and he was the one player who tried to oppose it and intervene - albeit half heartedly from memory. 

Obviously don’t know what’s gone on but suspect strongly that had he stood idly by and watched them score he’d still be a Leeds player. 

That’s your opinion, but I fail to see why Bielsa/Leeds let Villa score that goal, all because the Villa players just stopped playing, rules are play should only be stopped when a head injury occurs not when Kodjia injures himself.

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Although you have to follow manager’s orders, as a fan I would want to see the passion that Jannsson showed that day. It showed he cared in what was still a big big game, despite play offs being decided.  And as a manager surely you’d have to admire those same traits even though you wouldn’t be happy with him showing dissent? It was nowhere near the Kepa situation for example. Players show that they are cheesed off with a manager’s decision regularly these days,  so if that’s the reason they’ve let him go it strikes me as cutting off their noses to spite their face. More fool them. 

1 minute ago, BCFC11 said:

That’s your opinion, but I fail to see why Bielsa/Leeds let Villa score that goal, all because the Villa players just stopped playing, rules are play should only be stopped when a head injury occurs not when Kodjia injures himself.

I think the problem was Leeds slowed down & implide they were stopping, then played a quick pass forward and within 7 seconds the ball was in the net

22 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

I agree but that’s not the point I was making. Publicly defying your managers orders is never going to end well for the player. Unless you’re Kepa of course :) 

30 minutes ago, lenred said:

Although you have to follow manager’s orders, as a fan I would want to see the passion that Jannsson showed that day. It showed he cared in what was still a big big game, despite play offs being decided.  And as a manager surely you’d have to admire those same traits even though you wouldn’t be happy with him showing dissent? It was nowhere near the Kepa situation for example. Players show that they are cheesed off with a manager’s decision regularly these days,  so if that’s the reason they’ve let him go it strikes me as cutting off their noses to spite their face. More fool them. 

I see both sides. As a fan I think you’d appreciate it, as a manager you’d be fuming. And if you are seen to accept it what does that say to the rest of the squad? That it’s ok to throw your toys out the pram publicly? 

There’s no doubt more to it than just that moment, but Bielsa strikes me as a manager who won’t tolerate that sort of thing. 

13 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I agree but that’s not the point I was making. Publicly defying your managers orders is never going to end well for the player. Unless you’re Kepa of course :) 

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I guess his emotions took over in what was a huge game at the time, I’d of done the exact same in his position.

Reading through Leeds forum , it appears that the belief is Bielsa didn’t overly rate Jansson and preferred Cooper and Beradi only to be knocked off course with Beradi getting injured.

The walk in goal was publicly and clearly an issue but may actually have been the final straw rather than the reason 

Going by Jansson’s antics a couple of times at AG and in other games he’s clearly a ‘lively’ character with a strong voice

We don’t know what effect he had on the other players 

44 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Likely the owner not putting in the equity that most at this level do the difference there, because beyond that...looking at their turnover, their most recent wages and estimated losses- well it has to be that in an FFP context.

Potential cash flow issues too maybe, without sales- their owner and a former business partner possibly getting sued by Chinese ex business partners.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Likely the owner not putting in the equity that most at this level do the difference there, because beyond that...looking at their turnover, their most recent wages and estimated losses- well it has to be that in an FFP context.

Potential cash flow issues too maybe, without sales- their owner and a former business partner possibly getting sued by Chinese ex business partners.

Leeds made a profit in 16/17, so can only assume they are working to the £15m rather than £39m FFP limits or have cash flow issues.

Archived