IGNORED

Late Developers

Not players but supporters!!

We obviously hear fantastic stories of family loyalties handed down but who else came to the Bristol City "party" relatively "late" or relatively independently as it were!

I wasn't that fussed about watching football while I was growing up in the 70's,80's and then working in the 90's. I enjoyed playing although I wasn't much cop. I went to a few games over the years, generally dependant on which mate I was going with ( and yes that included visits to Eastville!! ) but I wouldn't say in the early days at least I had any particular loyalties!!

That said, as time went on, particularly in the late 90's I went to more City games as my City supporting mates were still about and I had come back from Uni and settled back here. I remember seeing City beating Bolton 2-1 in a rare victory in the championship of the 98/99 season? Penalty winner in front of the Atyeo and John Ward's last game I think?

Needless to say, something clicked and i started keeping an eye out for results and news on the club and I finally took the plunge and got my first season ticket at the ripe old age of 29 for the 2000/2001 season as finances and work shifts allowed and here I still am!!

So, who else arrived here in a bit of a "roundabout" way??!

Me too. Not massively into footy as a kid. Liked Man U coz my mate did. Dad prefers rugby. Got into footy again in mid nineties and loved euro 96. Watched a couple of city games. Got the bug. Bought a house on Ashton rd in 97 and my 1st of 22 season tickets!

Archived