IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL

Leveller

IMO, any good news about any of our clubs is good news and helps to promote the City of Bristol.

I wonder how much the fact that the Bears are in the Premiership, makes the City squad more determined to get there?

And with both City and Vixens in the 5the round wouldn't an FA CUP Final be great, whichever gender?

37 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

IMO, any good news about any of our clubs is good news and helps to promote the City of Bristol.

I wonder how much the fact that the Bears are in the Premiership, makes the City squad more determined to get there?

And with both City and Vixens in the 5the round wouldn't an FA CUP Final be great, whichever gender?

Bears have to stay there yet of course, and I am not taking that for granted with the tight five we have.

10 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

Very good news not sure who would start the procedings first.

What's your thoughts?

Men to kick off first or Woman to kick off first.

I don't have a thought either way,just  hope it helps grow the game

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48903284

Do the girls only play one a side?

• Like 1

I would watch the ladies if they were kicking off at 12 and then time for a beer after the game before back in for men’s game.

If the women’s game was after I can’t see I would hang around particularly if 3pm ko was held.

Out if interest - what are rules on drinking whilst watching women’s football? Presuming the same? ?

Edited by Meh

Yeah that’s great. 

Although.....

I can see these “double-headers” becoming standard practice and then the women’s game calling for split matchday revenue.

And what happens to the genuine fans of the women’s game who would not normally attend the men’s games? Very hard to get tickets for the men’s games at Anfield so fans of the women’s game will miss out, unless..........

It makes total sense. In the same way that a boxing card between Fury and Wilder will have an undercard, I don't see why Bristol City matches don't have an undercard.

Let the fans into the stadium early, let them watch the women play. Have a break for a while for people to get a drink, take a dump, etc - then start the men's game. If you don't give a shit about women's football, then it's easy to avoid - come a bit later.

The only issue I can see with this, and it's the kind of thing that I think would be overlooked, is whether this causes issues with the pitch. Will 90 minutes of football before another 90 minutes damage the pitch?

10 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

It makes total sense. In the same way that a boxing card between Fury and Wilder will have an undercard, I don't see why Bristol City matches don't have an undercard.

Let the fans into the stadium early, let them watch the women play. Have a break for a while for people to get a drink, take a dump, etc - then start the men's game. If you don't give a shit about women's football, then it's easy to avoid - come a bit later.

The only issue I can see with this, and it's the kind of thing that I think would be overlooked, is whether this causes issues with the pitch. Will 90 minutes of football before another 90 minutes damage the pitch?

What about those people that only want to watch the womens game. They surely wont stump up £30 admission. If the price for them is much cheaper what is to stop 20,000 people paying the lower price and staying in the stadium until the real action starts. After the men's game is the only way it can be done.

• Like 3

I think it should be a double header at the Cardiff game. We can have the Women's match after and guarantee a huge crowd. Let's keep the Cardiff fans locked in for an extra two hours after the men's match and help them calm down and be safe by watching a nice game of football. Think how safe that will be. Then the traffic will be much better for their bubble trip home.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

Rather watch the under 18's.

Better quality and more relevant as hopefully be watching future first teamers.

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

What about those people that only want to watch the womens game. They surely wont stump up £30 admission. If the price for them is much cheaper what is to stop 20,000 people paying the lower price and staying in the stadium until the real action starts. After the men's game is the only way it can be done.

Why not?

I know that tickets are pretty cheap for women's football, but you'd imagine that part of playing at a 20k+ stadium would be the costs of playing at that stadium.

Just now, Loon plage said:

Rather watch the under 18's.

Better quality and more relevant as hopefully be watching future first teamers.

I don't see why this can't be done, either.

It's a lot of football to watch, admittedly, but would fans pay £30 if it meant they could watch two games and get a drink half-way through?

Edited by EnderMB

1 hour ago, EnderMB said:

Why not?

I know that tickets are pretty cheap for women's football, but you'd imagine that part of playing at a 20k+ stadium would be the costs of playing at that stadium.

I don't see why this can't be done, either.

It's a lot of football to watch, admittedly, but would fans pay £30 if it meant they could watch two games and get a drink half-way through?

Youre missing the point. It costs £30 or so now to watch the mens team. There are many people that only watch the womens game....why should they stump up £30 plus to watch just the ladies. They may not want to stay and watch the mens game afterwards. It is not practical to charge a low fee just for those that want to just watch the women. By charging normal admission costs for the mens game you are penalising fans of the womens game.

I have no interest in watching the womens game either before or after.

• Like 1