IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL

Leveller

25 minutes ago, hodge said:

Can't see the mens teams (not just us) being willing to share ticket revenue so can't see tickets for both games being what it would be for a mens game which means they'll probably be more expensive.

This makes sense. Yes people won’t be able to watch the women playing with out additional cost as the women’s team won’t get any revenue from ticket sales.

I don’t think it’s practical for them to play before, our players need to warm up etc. For them to play they would have to be finished and cleared 2 hours or more before our  match starts, as our players will be arriving  and need to use the dressing room etc. They would probably have to kick off about 10am, who is going to watch then! Also our pitch is fantastic, but I wouldn’t want to play a full league of extra games plus the rugby on it.

If the women played after people aren’t going to leave and then return after going through the turnstiles and pay. The regular followers of women’s football might not follow the men’s game so could be arriving looking for parking before we have exited, chaos. To keep the floodlights on for an additional 2 hours and more would also not cost effective either. And also staff like cleaners and groundsmen would have to work longer hours waiting for the matches to finish and clear up or prepare for the next game.

I don’t think it could work on a regular basis, maybe one off or big cup match might? I want only men’s football on a Championship match day

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Youre missing the point. It costs £30 or so now to watch the mens team. There are many people that only watch the womens game....why should they stump up £30 plus to watch just the ladies. They may not want to stay and watch the mens game afterwards. It is not practical to charge a low fee just for those that want to just watch the women. By charging normal admission costs for the mens game you are penalising fans of the womens game.

I have no interest in watching the womens game either before or after.

There is no "point". If the women want to play at Ashton Gate, then it needs to be economically viable for them to do so, and with that comes a higher ticket price.

If £30 is too much, then maybe it's not a good idea to play your matches in a 20k+ seater stadium?

Besides, if price is really a factor, there are plenty of ways to make that £30 worthwhile. Give out a free matchday programme, or give out free food/drinks vouchers. That's what is done at American Football and Baseball stadiums all the time when minor/major league matches are scheduled together.

4 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Youre missing the point. It costs £30 or so now to watch the mens team. There are many people that only watch the womens game....why should they stump up £30 plus to watch just the ladies. They may not want to stay and watch the mens game afterwards. It is not practical to charge a low fee just for those that want to just watch the women. By charging normal admission costs for the mens game you are penalising fans of the womens game.

I have no interest in watching the womens game either before or after.

It’ll only be a couple of games to try and draw bigger crowds. Good idea imo.

2 hours ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Nothing against them growing but get your own website! Bcfc.co.uk is for the 1st team mens squad

Why? It says bcfc not bcfc men's....

Plenty of people are interested these days. If you're not interested just don't read the article. 

• Like 3

The drive now for everyone to get behind the Women's game now has reached fever pitch.

BBC are now saying with 28.1 million people watching there coverage it means 47% of the UK were tuned in. What?

According to that nearly half the nation were watching, talk about twisting figures.

Please stop, nothing wrong with Women's football let it grow on it's own merit stop trying to force it on everybody.

In this mad PC world it's almost you have to love it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

The drive now for everyone to get behind the Women's game now has reached fever pitch.

BBC are now saying with 28.1 million people watching there coverage it means 47% of the UK were tuned in. What?

According to that nearly half the nation were watching, talk about twisting figures.

Please stop, nothing wrong with Women's football let it grow on it's own merit stop trying to force it on everybody.

In this mad PC world it's almost you have to love it.

You don’t have to watch it.  Do you feel emasculated somehow?

I can’t stand the Champions League but it’s force fed to us, I can’t stand the six nations or Wimbledon either, what’s the difference?

I really don’t understand your view point at all.  

3 minutes ago, RumRed said:

You don’t have to watch it.  Do you feel emasculated somehow?

I can’t stand the Champions League but it’s force fed to us, I can’t stand the six nations or Wimbledon either, what’s the difference?

I really don’t understand your view point at all.  

Emasculated? Sorry if that how it came across.

Cant stand the Champions league,Grand prix etc.

But that's there millions love it. Doesn't need the BBC to force it on anyone. I know I don't have to watch anything but going on the BBC sport website and the breaking news is Man City will play Man u at the Etihad in September is the headline?

Anyway I won't get into an argument.

• Admin

Women taking part in sport and playing it to whatever level is great, good on them.  But get some originality, the BBC are now talking about “the men’s Ashes starting soon”, why not think of something original for the women’s game instead of hijacking a 130 year old institution.

5 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Women taking part in sport and playing it to whatever level is great, good on them.  But get some originality, the BBC are now talking about “the men’s Ashes starting soon”, why not think of something original for the women’s game instead of hijacking a 130 year old institution.

It’s as if they have to copy to make the women’s side feel equal. It does the complete opposite in my view! 

It comes as forced upon. Absolutely right about the ashes, it is tradition of cricket from the men’s side. Leave it alone.

54 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

A bug bear of mine as well. Why must every male sporting tradition, from the Tour de France to the Open suddenly open its doors and fund, timetable, promote, and generally run an equivalent competition for female competitors?  Why don't female sports want to establish their own traditions, history and heroics? 

With the Ashes it is a particular mockery of the Women's game that they play a twisted pastiche of the men's competition. It's the "Women's Ashes" in name (and marketing) only. 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/city-women-open-season-at-ashton-gate/

Strikes me as a good opportunity to develop their fan base.

Tickets are competitively priced, although all kids going free with a paying adult might have been a nice gesture.

But I guess the numbers need to add up somehow.

Edited by Bristol Rob
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Went to 70% of games last season. Along with programme a drink and  a pie as it was free for season ticket holders. now £4 a ticket i wont be bovvering.

Looks like this season they have sold/marketed season tickets for the womens team, so I get the idea if might not sit too comfortably with these fans if people who have bought tickets for the men's team went free, but they could possibly make it a bit more family friendly.

Although it hard to see how they could make it much cheaper, without making it free.