Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Never to the dark side

Bristol City Women to play same venue as the Men

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

Very good news not sure who would start the procedings first.

What's your thoughts?

Men to kick off first or Woman to kick off first.

I don't have a thought either way,just  hope it helps grow the game

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48903284

 

Do the girls only play one a side?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would watch the ladies if they were kicking off at 12 and then time for a beer after the game before back in for men’s game.

If the women’s game was after I can’t see I would hang around particularly if 3pm ko was held.

Out if interest - what are rules on drinking whilst watching women’s football? Presuming the same? 🤔

Edited by Meh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah that’s great. 

Although.....

I can see these “double-headers” becoming standard practice and then the women’s game calling for split matchday revenue.

And what happens to the genuine fans of the women’s game who would not normally attend the men’s games? Very hard to get tickets for the men’s games at Anfield so fans of the women’s game will miss out, unless..........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It makes total sense. In the same way that a boxing card between Fury and Wilder will have an undercard, I don't see why Bristol City matches don't have an undercard.

Let the fans into the stadium early, let them watch the women play. Have a break for a while for people to get a drink, take a dump, etc - then start the men's game. If you don't give a shit about women's football, then it's easy to avoid - come a bit later.

The only issue I can see with this, and it's the kind of thing that I think would be overlooked, is whether this causes issues with the pitch. Will 90 minutes of football before another 90 minutes damage the pitch?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Meh said:

Out if interest - what are rules on drinking whilst watching women’s football? Presuming the same? 🤔

It's Mandatory.

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

It makes total sense. In the same way that a boxing card between Fury and Wilder will have an undercard, I don't see why Bristol City matches don't have an undercard.

Let the fans into the stadium early, let them watch the women play. Have a break for a while for people to get a drink, take a dump, etc - then start the men's game. If you don't give a shit about women's football, then it's easy to avoid - come a bit later.

The only issue I can see with this, and it's the kind of thing that I think would be overlooked, is whether this causes issues with the pitch. Will 90 minutes of football before another 90 minutes damage the pitch?

What about those people that only want to watch the womens game. They surely wont stump up £30 admission. If the price for them is much cheaper what is to stop 20,000 people paying the lower price and staying in the stadium until the real action starts. After the men's game is the only way it can be done.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it should be a double header at the Cardiff game. We can have the Women's match after and guarantee a huge crowd. Let's keep the Cardiff fans locked in for an extra two hours after the men's match and help them calm down and be safe by watching a nice game of football. Think how safe that will be. Then the traffic will be much better for their bubble trip home.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a throwback to the early days when men used to go to football on a Saturday afternoon and then the women would play up afterwards when they got home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

It makes total sense. In the same way that a boxing card between Fury and Wilder will have an undercard, I don't see why Bristol City matches don't have an undercard.

Let the fans into the stadium early, let them watch the women play. Have a break for a while for people to get a drink, take a dump, etc - then start the men's game. If you don't give a shit about women's football, then it's easy to avoid - come a bit later.

The only issue I can see with this, and it's the kind of thing that I think would be overlooked, is whether this causes issues with the pitch. Will 90 minutes of football before another 90 minutes damage the pitch?

Rather watch the under 18's.

Better quality and more relevant as hopefully be watching future first teamers.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

What about those people that only want to watch the womens game. They surely wont stump up £30 admission. If the price for them is much cheaper what is to stop 20,000 people paying the lower price and staying in the stadium until the real action starts. After the men's game is the only way it can be done.

Why not?

I know that tickets are pretty cheap for women's football, but you'd imagine that part of playing at a 20k+ stadium would be the costs of playing at that stadium.

Just now, Loon plage said:

Rather watch the under 18's.

Better quality and more relevant as hopefully be watching future first teamers.

I don't see why this can't be done, either.

It's a lot of football to watch, admittedly, but would fans pay £30 if it meant they could watch two games and get a drink half-way through?

Edited by EnderMB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

This is a throwback to the early days when men used to go to football on a Saturday afternoon and then the women would play up afterwards when they got home.

Saturday afternoon ? Blimey I remember those days.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EnderMB said:

Why not?

I know that tickets are pretty cheap for women's football, but you'd imagine that part of playing at a 20k+ stadium would be the costs of playing at that stadium.

I don't see why this can't be done, either.

It's a lot of football to watch, admittedly, but would fans pay £30 if it meant they could watch two games and get a drink half-way through?

Youre missing the point. It costs £30 or so now to watch the mens team. There are many people that only watch the womens game....why should they stump up £30 plus to watch just the ladies. They may not want to stay and watch the mens game afterwards. It is not practical to charge a low fee just for those that want to just watch the women. By charging normal admission costs for the mens game you are penalising fans of the womens game.

I have no interest in watching the womens game either before or after.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't see the mens teams (not just us) being willing to share ticket revenue so can't see tickets for both games being what it would be for a mens game which means they'll probably be more expensive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, hodge said:

Can't see the mens teams (not just us) being willing to share ticket revenue so can't see tickets for both games being what it would be for a mens game which means they'll probably be more expensive.

This makes sense. Yes people won’t be able to watch the women playing with out additional cost as the women’s team won’t get any revenue from ticket sales.

I don’t think it’s practical for them to play before, our players need to warm up etc. For them to play they would have to be finished and cleared 2 hours or more before our  match starts, as our players will be arriving  and need to use the dressing room etc. They would probably have to kick off about 10am, who is going to watch then! Also our pitch is fantastic, but I wouldn’t want to play a full league of extra games plus the rugby on it.

If the women played after people aren’t going to leave and then return after going through the turnstiles and pay. The regular followers of women’s football might not follow the men’s game so could be arriving looking for parking before we have exited, chaos. To keep the floodlights on for an additional 2 hours and more would also not cost effective either. And also staff like cleaners and groundsmen would have to work longer hours waiting for the matches to finish and clear up or prepare for the next game.

I don’t think it could work on a regular basis, maybe one off or big cup match might? I want only men’s football on a Championship match day

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Youre missing the point. It costs £30 or so now to watch the mens team. There are many people that only watch the womens game....why should they stump up £30 plus to watch just the ladies. They may not want to stay and watch the mens game afterwards. It is not practical to charge a low fee just for those that want to just watch the women. By charging normal admission costs for the mens game you are penalising fans of the womens game.

I have no interest in watching the womens game either before or after.

 

There is no "point". If the women want to play at Ashton Gate, then it needs to be economically viable for them to do so, and with that comes a higher ticket price.

If £30 is too much, then maybe it's not a good idea to play your matches in a 20k+ seater stadium?

Besides, if price is really a factor, there are plenty of ways to make that £30 worthwhile. Give out a free matchday programme, or give out free food/drinks vouchers. That's what is done at American Football and Baseball stadiums all the time when minor/major league matches are scheduled together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

give out free food/drinks vouchers

I look forward to the wait for receiving one...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see the Manchester derby in the womens game is to be played at the Etihad.

Will be the second time that they have played there, the last time there were 1500 people there ..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now announced that Chelsea will host Spurs the following day at Stamford Bridge - will be free entry.

It will be interesting to see how many people take up the offer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bristolcitysweden said:

We can soon kiss the 3 p.m. kick off good bye

Is that because we will be in the Prem then Tommy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Youre missing the point. It costs £30 or so now to watch the mens team. There are many people that only watch the womens game....why should they stump up £30 plus to watch just the ladies. They may not want to stay and watch the mens game afterwards. It is not practical to charge a low fee just for those that want to just watch the women. By charging normal admission costs for the mens game you are penalising fans of the womens game.

I have no interest in watching the womens game either before or after.

 

It’ll only be a couple of games to try and draw bigger crowds. Good idea imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Nothing against them growing but get your own website! Bcfc.co.uk is for the 1st team mens squad

And the 23's/18's....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Nothing against them growing but get your own website! Bcfc.co.uk is for the 1st team mens squad

Why? It says bcfc not bcfc men's....

Plenty of people are interested these days. If you're not interested just don't read the article. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

To be fair you can see the link between 1st team and U23s and 18s

Just pedantic about how they specified 1st team squad only rather than 'bcfc mens squads' 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The drive now for everyone to get behind the Women's game now has reached fever pitch.

BBC are now saying with 28.1 million people watching there coverage it means 47% of the UK were tuned in. What?

According to that nearly half the nation were watching, talk about twisting figures.

Please stop, nothing wrong with Women's football let it grow on it's own merit stop trying to force it on everybody.

In this mad PC world it's almost you have to love it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

The drive now for everyone to get behind the Women's game now has reached fever pitch.

BBC are now saying with 28.1 million people watching there coverage it means 47% of the UK were tuned in. What?

According to that nearly half the nation were watching, talk about twisting figures.

Please stop, nothing wrong with Women's football let it grow on it's own merit stop trying to force it on everybody.

In this mad PC world it's almost you have to love it.

You don’t have to watch it.  Do you feel emasculated somehow?

I can’t stand the Champions League but it’s force fed to us, I can’t stand the six nations or Wimbledon either, what’s the difference?

I really don’t understand your view point at all.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Redpool said:

No thanks. Wouldn't want to cause any harm to the pitch.

Well it seems to cope fine with the rugby so can’t see it making a difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RumRed said:

You don’t have to watch it.  Do you feel emasculated somehow?

I can’t stand the Champions League but it’s force fed to us, I can’t stand the six nations or Wimbledon either, what’s the difference?

I really don’t understand your view point at all.  

Emasculated? Sorry if that how it came across.

Cant stand the Champions league,Grand prix etc.

But that's there millions love it. Doesn't need the BBC to force it on anyone. I know I don't have to watch anything but going on the BBC sport website and the breaking news is Man City will play Man u at the Etihad in September is the headline?

Anyway I won't get into an argument.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Women taking part in sport and playing it to whatever level is great, good on them.  But get some originality, the BBC are now talking about “the men’s Ashes starting soon”, why not think of something original for the women’s game instead of hijacking a 130 year old institution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Women taking part in sport and playing it to whatever level is great, good on them.  But get some originality, the BBC are now talking about “the men’s Ashes starting soon”, why not think of something original for the women’s game instead of hijacking a 130 year old institution.

It’s as if they have to copy to make the women’s side feel equal. It does the complete opposite in my view! 

It comes as forced upon. Absolutely right about the ashes, it is tradition of cricket from the men’s side. Leave it alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Women taking part in sport and playing it to whatever level is great, good on them.  But get some originality, the BBC are now talking about “the men’s Ashes starting soon”, why not think of something original for the women’s game instead of hijacking a 130 year old institution.

A bug bear of mine as well. Why must every male sporting tradition, from the Tour de France to the Open suddenly open its doors and fund, timetable, promote, and generally run an equivalent competition for female competitors?  Why don't female sports want to establish their own traditions, history and heroics? 

With the Ashes it is a particular mockery of the Women's game that they play a twisted pastiche of the men's competition. It's the "Women's Ashes" in name (and marketing) only. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Women's football...The under 16's team can beat a National Women team..so it is pointless to watch.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...