IGNORED

Booking fees

Hi all, I just bulk booked some tickets for the Crystal Palace friendly and I was charged a booking fee for each individual ticket despite it being only one transaction. Feels like a pi** take to me and a way for the club to take more money from the fans. Has anyone ever questioned the club about those booking fees? Think I would prefer no additional fee and it be rolled into the price...

10 minutes ago, brianmitchellsleftfoot said:

Hi all, I just bulk booked some tickets for the Crystal Palace friendly and I was charged a booking fee for each individual ticket despite it being only one transaction. Feels like a pi** take to me and a way for the club to take more money from the fans. Has anyone ever questioned the club about those booking fees? Think I would prefer no additional fee and it be rolled into the price...

That's odd as I don't believe we charge booking fees. 

I've done a test and certainly no fee is coming up. The only additional charge I can find is a single £1 for postage (total, not per ticket) if having tickets posted. See below. How much have you been charged?

tix.png

14 minutes ago, brianmitchellsleftfoot said:

I can’t go to the Palace match, as it’s my mates wedding, but just to see what you meant, I’ve just had a look and “booked” a seat, up to the payment stage. 

It’s £10 for a South Stand ticket (£13 Lower Lansdown) and there are no extra fees being shown. It actually states “+ fees £0.00”

So where are you finding it says there are extra fees..? 

I actually thought there were/would be booking fees - there certainly used to be... but I can’t see any on there now..?

6 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

That's odd as I don't believe we charge booking fees. 

I've done a test and certainly no fee is coming up. The only additional charge I can find is a single £1 for postage (total, not per ticket) if having tickets posted. See below. How much have you been charged?

tix.png

Exactly the same as this. I’m not sure what the OP is referring too. 

You don’t even need to have tickets posted, you just “print at home” which is free and very efficient. 

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Yes, charging to use card payments is now illegal. As of last year. 

Is that across the board including shops/face to face sales? 

I had to pay an extra quid in some random Welsh service station last weekend to use my card. I guess it's quite likely the news hadn't reached them yet mind. 

1 minute ago, MC26 said:

Is that across the board including shops/face to face sales? 

I had to pay an extra quid in some random Welsh service station last weekend to use my card. I guess it's quite likely the news hadn't reached them yet mind. 

Yes, across the board. 

You often now see “minimum spend” limits instead, but it’s illegal to now charge for just taking a payment on a card. 

10 minutes ago, whooosh said:

Bought two tickets in the lower lansdown stand £13 each, £2 booking fee and £1 postage.

It’s not..! I’ve just done the same thing again and there are no charges..! 

Theres a “donate” button, which rounds your bill up to the nearest £5 (good idea) but it specifically says “no fees”...?! 

Just now, Bar BS3 said:

Yes, across the board. 

You often now see “minimum spend” limits instead, but it’s illegal to now charge for just taking a payment on a card. 

Thanks, that's Interesting. What I bought came to about £9.50, when I got my card out the guy said 'card is it?' then typed something into the till and it came up as £10.50 instead.  

Possible that there was a minimum spend of £10 but had the guy mentioned that, I would've picked up something for a quid or so rather than just donate it to the shop. 

To avoid straying away from the initial point made, I can't see any charges applied when trying to book City tickets either. 

I purchased tickets for Forest Green and Crystal Palace. I was charged a booking fee for Forest Green, but not Palace. I chose the print at home option for Palace on 1st July, and although the money has left my account, as yet I have not received a confirmation e-mail or ticket. I have mailed supporter services, but again no reply.

7 minutes ago, gordie said:

I got charged a booking fee on a members card.

9F9AD684-C41A-4084-BB49-70F6CD6547AB.png

Regardless of the booking fees conundrum, which clearly needs sorting out... £10 (£11/12) for an 18 year old to watch a gold category game in the Dolman Stand, is pretty darn good, I’d say. 

37 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Regardless of the booking fees conundrum, which clearly needs sorting out... £10 (£11/12) for an 18 year old to watch a gold category game in the Dolman Stand, is pretty darn good, I’d say. 

Yes I’m not complaining just adding a bit of proof to the conversation. 

1 hour ago, Tetbury Red said:

I purchased tickets for Forest Green and Crystal Palace. I was charged a booking fee for Forest Green, but not Palace. I chose the print at home option for Palace on 1st July, and although the money has left my account, as yet I have not received a confirmation e-mail or ticket. I have mailed supporter services, but again no reply.

It's in your spam emails.

For some reason, all the city emails seem to be going there at the moment.

48 minutes ago, arrytheb said:

I renewed 2 membership cards in a single transaction and was charged £2 booking fee.

I thought/assumed City didn't do this anymore but guess I was wrong 

But no booking fee for my tickets for the QPR game ?

Archived