IGNORED

Booking fees

It’s annoying that they charge £1 per away ticket. No other club does this afaik. Had a look at a few clubs visiting Swansea after we did & our prices were always £1 more for the fees. 

its only £1, but will add up for families going to quite a few each season. 

1 hour ago, Loon plage said:

I would have thought that was more than covered by the thousands of membership cards sold dont you think so ?

Well you’d think £1 would to be honest if you based it on that ha ha

4 hours ago, gordie said:

I got charged a booking fee on a members card.

9F9AD684-C41A-4084-BB49-70F6CD6547AB.png

Me too. £1 booking fee plus £1 postage for the new card. Still don't understand why you need a replacement card.

Last season I was told member card couldn't be carried on, you needed a new one. So I assumed it is the same although that seems a bit of a waste of plastic....ruining the ocean Bristol Sport.

6 hours ago, AshtonPark said:

@Olé Didnt you say what the club is doing is illegal now?

Just catching up and @Bar BS3 seems to have dismissed your question and then explained it all in one afternoon so I'm not sure I'm required here. :laugh:

It's a year since I made the point and I've long since given up hoping something would be done about it so I forget exactly what I said, but you certainly didn't need to clarify the question as being about card payments, as I did raise a more general issue with the legality of City's booking fees alone - which at best sit in a grey area.

For avoidance of doubt, booking fees are not illegal and most businesses simply re-badged their card booking fee as a booking fee, and to be fair to @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO he went to some trouble when I raised it, to get an explanation about the costs of the software vendor City are using for ticketing driving this booking fee.

Putting aside the fact it was and is cheeky of City to be procuring a ticketing system on a pay as you go basis and passing on the cost of sale to us, one of my concerns was that as I had understood it, City's booking fee does not apply in all circumstances (i.e. cash, in person). Under the directive passed into UK law, THAT is illegal.

The new law did not simply prohibit surcharges, it also prohibited discounts where those are not made available to all payment methods. In effect selling tickets through some channels without fees does that. Of course no one will pursue this and why would we - as it would simply result in City charging those fortunate enough too!

So it isn't just about card surcharging as @Bar BS3 has clarified, the catch all "booking fee" excuse while not illegal (yet) can be in breach of law where not applied correctly. And as at least one other person has pointed out today, this is even before paying an inflated postage fee too. It all adds up and City could do a lot better.

Of more importance to me right now is that I'm amazed to read of all these people saying they are paying no booking fees!? Since when? Are you sure you're not mistaken (it's often pre-added to the published ticket price). 23 away matches last season and paid £1 for each and every ticket for every single one of those fixtures. :angry:

Hi all,

Apologies, if this is mentioned elsewhere.

l purchased a membership for my Father in Law for the coming season on the 11th June. I was charged £20 for the membership, and a further £2 for booking and delivery fees. My F in L, was a member the season before last, but did not renew last season due to health reasons.

Do you know if the club are sending out new membership cards?

thanks,

44 minutes ago, Corsham Ed said:

Hi all,

l purchased a membership for my Father in Law for the coming season on the 11th June. I was charged £20 for the membership, and a further £2 for booking and delivery fees. My F in L, was a member the season before last, but did not renew last season due to health reasons.

thanks,

If it’s the same as STs Ed they send new cards every season

1 hour ago, Corsham Ed said:

Hi all,

thanks,

They are sending out new ones.

Due to be delivered at the end of this month.

Archived