IGNORED

Why do we net off the bottom section of away fans area?

Unan

5 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

We don't wan't it to grow any trees that the northern monkeys will climb

I saw you were the last person to comment so I thought I’d check how mad it was...

I wasn’t disappointed!

24 minutes ago, grifty said:

I saw you were the last person to comment so I thought I’d check how mad it was...

I wasn’t disappointed!

Is he wrong though?

25 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

To prevent spillovers onto the pitch when we concede- when the pitch is quite close to the stand it isn't so uncommon for momentum and surges to carry people forward, it happened a few times in 2017/18 when there were big away followings IIRC.

Vaguely remember Birmingham clattering through the advertising hoardings on the last game of the season a few years back?

8 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Is he wrong though?

Vaguely remember Birmingham clattering through the advertising hoardings on the last game of the season a few years back?

Sounds familiar. Wolves at the end of 2017, that gutting loss at the last I'm sure a few spilt over.

Also recall a few City fans over the hoardings when it was split- think a few hoardings came out/fell over?

3 hours ago, Unan said:

Why do we net off the bottom section of away fans area?

I don't think as others have claimed it is about fans getting on the pitch. I believe it is to create a mental feeling of distance between away fans and their team.

LJ likes his small margins - we know what he said about Villa away. We get stuck out the way in lots of places and it has an impact. I think he wants the same.

And not to take credit or anything (okay, I am fully going to take credit) I suggested netting the front 10 rows off in February 2018, and by August it was done. :whistle:

6 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Always looks really naff on the TV highlights like we’re playing behind closed doors!

Aslong as it ends with a City win I couldn’t careless what it looks like on TV. Could be worse we could have a tent and a garden shed behind one of our goals like the Fewers down the road!

Stops the away fans throwing missiles at our goalkeeper. Especially the Leeds arseholes.

I hate Leeds, except for Terry Cooper, Norman Hunter and Joe Jordan.

We got John Shaw and one or two others from Leeds who were pretty good though, so perhaps it's just their 'entitled' fans wh are the issue rather than the football club.

2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Stops the away fans throwing missiles at our goalkeeper. Especially the Leeds arseholes.

I hate Leeds, except for Terry Cooper, Norman Hunter and Joe Jordan.

We got John Shaw and one or two others from Leeds who were pretty good though, so perhaps it's just their 'entitled' fans wh are the issue rather than the football club.

Bob Taylor ?

2 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Clubs who sell out had the netting too. Leeds for example...

And the 10% of other clubs are probably those which the police have advised against a full stand allocation or the club don't want to give it to them.

Archived