IGNORED

Tv Series / Box sets?

Ziderarmy

What sort of shows do you like?

Chernobyl was excellent real life disaster drama.

Killing Eve was great assassin fiction.

Stranger Things is a fantastic fantasy/horror/comedy show.

Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul are wonderful crime drama.

1 hour ago, BS2 Red said:

What sort of shows do you like?

Chernobyl was excellent real life disaster drama.

Killing Eve was great assassin fiction.

Stranger Things is a fantastic fantasy/horror/comedy show.

Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul are wonderful crime drama.

Seen Chernobyl and thought it was excellent.

I’m up-to date with Killing Eve.

Couldn't get into stranger things.

Breaking Bad was brilliant, better call Saul isn’t a patch on it. 

I like all sorts really. Not a huge sc fi fab but I did love Lost.

1 hour ago, Fiale said:

Haunting of Hill house is good (2nd related series coming out this year)

Big Mouth if your into edgy/sexual coming of age stuff (Also has another series about to be launched)

Never heard of either will have look at the trailers thanks.

10 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Big mouth is really - well don't watch if your easily offended, but I found it pretty funny - the writer's cartoon of his years at school going through puberty.

The Haunting of Hill house - man this show really made my empathy meter go into over drive - so well written and so many twist, it's really good (and not so ghostly aft the first one or two episodes where it starts to turn into a cross between a who dunnit murder mystery and a family soap opera).

Scorpion on Netflix - About a bunch of geniuses fighting global problems/situations like rescues etc to save lives, its actually quite good (Well I think so)

If you can find it, Fringe... Its excellent especially from series 2 onwards. Its about the weird, almost like the X Files.

Continuum is another good one if you can find it. Its about a cop who got accidently sent back in time along with some killers and she tries to take them down in present times without future tech, but has the use of future tech cos of a boy genius who "invented" the said tech, its very good.

Lucifer is another good one, its about the Devil himself deciding to help solve police cases. It is actually not bad and you'll find series 1-3 on Amazon Prime, Series 4 on Netflix.

Theres Elementary on Amazon Prime - 5 seasons... Sherlock Holmes in New York solving police cases with Lucy Liu as the Dr Watson.

If thats not up your chuff then there is always the 5 seasons of Glee just released on Netflix (spits)

To be more Genre alternate we have:

Misfits on All4 - Group of community support workers get superpowers.

Outlander: A nurse from one time accidently finds a way to travel to another time (Like Goodnight Sweetheart.... I need to find that somewhere actually) but its a drama not a comedy.

If you havent watched Dr Who, theres 10 series of the 2001 reboot on Netflix, very very good.

Peaky Blinders on Netflix - Gangland stuff.

The Inbetweeners - Comedy of friends trying to fit in/be popular but never works. Find the 3 series on All4 and they also made 2 films if can find it.

Line of Duty: Police stuff.

The Crown: Its all about Queen Elizabeth from her coronation and all the drama thats happened over the years, its all based upon true events in her reign history. Find it on Netflix

15 hours ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Friday Night Lights is excellent

On 08/07/2019 at 21:23, ziderheadarmy said:

I’m after something new (to me not as in just come out on tv necessarily) to get stuck into any tips please? 

I'd strongly recommend Yellowstone starring Kevin Costner. You should be able to find it on the Channel 5/Paramount app, but available easily online.

It's a modern day cowboy and Indians story. Costner owns a huge ranch and doesn't want to sell any land. On one side he has an Indian Reservation encroaching and on the other, wealthy Wall Street businessmen looking to build new apartments and huses. Queue lots of political intrigue, murder, action etc. Almost mafia like but brilliant and brutal.

Thoroughly recommend. Best thing I've watched in ages.

Designated Survivor - American politics White House stuff, but Keiffer Sutherland is more presidential than Trump could ever be

Chicago P.D - American police stuff, obviously. Quite addictive once you get into the characters and they become familiar.

Billions - After Homeland this is my Damien Lewis fix. Something different, scheming and backstabbing American stockbroking etc with a bit of politics thrown in.

Some of these maybe a bit old, but I’ve only recently discovered them. I’ve also just starting Line of Duty, series one. Yes I know I am miles behind. Couldn’t get into the first episode of Chernobyl, but stick with it anyone who hasn’t watched it. It’s a hard watch, probably more so for us that remember it happening at the time. I’m thankful I gave it another watch. 

Archived