IGNORED

Tv Series / Box sets?

Ziderarmy

The Boys on Amazon Prime. Done 3eps so far. Read the first volume of the comics some years back so thought I would check it out. Pretty faithful to the comic so far, it's good. Far from the usual superhero stuff so don't be put off if you are all Marvel'd out.

On 12/07/2019 at 09:38, winterbournered said:

Just started watching When They See Us. Only a short series ( 4 episodes ) just watched the first and if the other 3 are as gripping and emotional, then I would highly recommend. 

Had me in pieces this

make sure you watch the Oprah interview after the 4th episode, really hits home then what they went through 

13 hours ago, Club and Country said:

Had me in pieces this

make sure you watch the Oprah interview after the 4th episode, really hits home then what they went through 

Watched the Oprah interview last night, really it home how hard Antron and Corey have struggled with everything. Can’t really comprehend what they’ve been through. 

On the series, the first 3 episodes just made me angry, like WTF how has this happened! 

The last episode had me in bits, haven’t got that emotional over a TV programme in a long time. The acting from Jharrel Jerome is sensational. 

1 hour ago, winterbournered said:

Watched the Oprah interview last night, really it home how hard Antron and Corey have struggled with everything. Can’t really comprehend what they’ve been through. 

On the series, the first 3 episodes just made me angry, like WTF how has this happened! 

The last episode had me in bits, haven’t got that emotional over a TV programme in a long time. The acting from Jharrel Jerome is sensational. 

Last episode is something else, interesting to hear after the other guys didn’t really know what he went through

as you say certainly makes you angry... I’m not a crier as my missus will tell you but as I said previously, this series completely broke me.. guess in the main because it happened in my lifetime (I’m 31)

On ‎05‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 21:32, Redstart said:

Misfits is bloody brilliant - bear with it through the first couple of episodes whilst you get to know the characters - great laugh.

I second that one.  The last couple of series dip slightly in quality but overall it is a hilarious show.

A few off the top of my head, some may have already been mentioned.

DexterBy day, mild-mannered Dexter is a blood-spatter analyst for the Miami police. But at night, he is a serial killer who only targets other murderers.
Breaking BadA high school chemistry teacher diagnosed with inoperable lung cancer turns to manufacturing and selling methamphetamine in order to secure his family's future.
Game of Thrones
Nine noble families fight for control over the mythical lands of Westeros, while an ancient enemy returns after being dormant for thousands of years.
The Wire Set in Baltimore, this show centres around the city's inner-city drug scene seen through the eyes of drug dealers and law enforcement.
Sopranos - The story revolves around Tony Soprano, a New Jersey-based Italian-American mobster, portraying the difficulties that he faces as he tries to balance his family life with his role as the leader of a criminal organisation.
The Last Kingdom - As Alfred the Great defends his kingdom from Norse invaders, Uhtred - born a Saxon but raised by Vikings - seeks to claim his ancestral birthright.
Vikings - Vikings transports us to the brutal and mysterious world of Ragnar Lothbrok, a Viking warrior and farmer who yearns to explore - and raid - the distant shores across the ocean.
Fargo - Various chronicles of deception, intrigue and murder in and around frozen Minnesota. Yet all of these tales mysteriously lead back one way or another to Fargo, North Dakota.
Peaky Blinders -A gangster family epic set in 1919 Birmingham, England; centred on a gang who sew razor blades in the peaks of their caps, and their fierce boss Tommy Shelby.
Shooter - A conspiracy thriller that follows the journey of Bob Lee Swagger, a highly-decorated veteran who is coaxed back into action to prevent a plot to kill the President.
Sons of Anarchy - A biker struggles to balance being a father and being involved in an outlaw motorcycle club//When Jackson "Jax" Teller discovers that his father had a different view in mind for SAMCRO (Sons of Anarchy Motorcycle Club Redwood Original) he goes on a personal quest to cleanse the name and make the club a better place, but at what cost?
Luther - DCI John Luther is a near-genius murder detective whose brilliant mind can't always save him from the dangerous violence of his passions
Suits - On the run from a drug deal gone bad, Mike Ross, a brilliant college dropout, finds himself a job working with Harvey Specter, one of New York City's best lawyers.
Person of Interest - An ex-assassin and a wealthy programmer save lives via a surveillance AI that sends them the identities of civilians involved in impending crimes. However, the details of the crimes--including the civilians' roles--are left a mystery.

Lie to Me - About Cal Lightman, the world's leading deception expert who studies facial expressions and involuntary body language to expose the truth behind the lies.
Black Mirror - An anthology series exploring a twisted, high-tech world where humanity's greatest innovations and darkest instincts collide.

Guess the last few aren't really series where each episode follows on from the other but they're definitely worth watching, 'Shut Up and Dance' is a ******* great Black Mirror episode if you haven't seen it! 

2 hours ago, Redstart said:

Once the character Rudy appears it goes up a whole new level. Joe Gilgun is an absolute star :0)

I love Gilgun in everything I’ve seen him in (Preacher is another good recommendation, it’s on Amazon) but nothing he does can beat the first couple of series of Misfits.

Without reading through all of the posts above, I love elementary. Cleverly written, funny and just an entertaining show which links back to previous episodes and series too. Last series is being shown at the moment. Sad to see it end. 

One thing that did p155 me off was when they started this series they tried to pretend sherlock and Watson were on London when they were obviously in America. No effort whatsoever but that's been my only criticism over the entire series of it. 

On 12/07/2019 at 18:38, winterbournered said:

Just started watching When They See Us. Only a short series ( 4 episodes ) just watched the first and if the other 3 are as gripping and emotional, then I would highly recommend. 

I'm halfway through watching this. Thanks for the recommendation.

It really is a staggering story that everybody should see.

10 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

I’m sure you already know but Gilgun wrote/stars in a comedy on Sky called Brassic.

I’ve only seen the first episode but it seemed decent.

Yep thanks I've been watching that, by episode 3 you can see his character is basically morphing into Rudy from the Misfits. So far so good :0)

On 07/08/2019 at 15:19, Carey 6 said:

The Wire Set in Baltimore, this show centres around the city's inner-city drug scene seen through the eyes of drug dealers and law enforcement.

If you like The Wire, then you must watch Power on Netflix. I’d say Power is better. It’s like a gangsta Game of Thrones/The Wire type of show❗

Also have to add Inside Number 9 as a great anthology. On iPlayer & Netflix.

And Nightflyers. Not of critical claim as such, though I’d say it’s great. A deep, dark, space futuristic horror/thriller. 

The best show that many probably haven’t watched is The Leftovers. Possibly one of the best ever shows made and slowly now coming from under the radar. 3 seasons, maybe 30 episodes or so and with an actual ending. YOU MUST WATCH IT

34 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

If you like The Wire, then you must watch Power on Netflix. I’d say Power is better. It’s like a gangsta Game of Thrones/The Wire type of show❗

And Nightflyers. Not of critical claim as such, though I’d say it’s great. A deep, dark, space futuristic horror/thriller. 

The best show that many probably haven’t watched is The Leftovers. Possibly one of the best ever shows made and slowly now coming from under the radar. 3 seasons, maybe 30 episodes or so and with an actual ending. YOU MUST WATCH IT

Watched both but Power as good as it was is not in the same league as The Wire,haven’t seen The leftovers so will watch cheers 

1 hour ago, Pickle Rick said:

Can't agree.  Power is ok but it is nothing like The Wire.  The Wire is gritty and realistic.  Power is a love triangle with basically fantasy level criminality, it becomes unbelievable pretty quickly.  It's fun but it's not in the same league as The Wire.

8 hours ago, Nibor said:

Can't agree.  Power is ok but it is nothing like The Wire.  The Wire is gritty and realistic.  Power is a love triangle with basically fantasy level criminality, it becomes unbelievable pretty quickly.  It's fun but it's not in the same league as The Wire.

Yes, I can understand that people will prefer the Wire, though for me, it just simply wasn’t as good to watch. Power is more entertaining in my opinion and easier to watch in a sense. Me and the other half prefer the easier watch and generally flip between a couple shows at a time. 

Archived