Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

ziderheadarmy

Tv Series / Box sets?

On 07/08/2019 at 14:48, Redstart said:

Once the character Rudy appears it goes up a whole new level. Joe Gilgun is an absolute star :0)

I’m sure you already know but Gilgun wrote/stars in a comedy on Sky called Brassic.

I’ve only seen the first episode but it seemed decent.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

I’m sure you already know but Gilgun wrote/stars in a comedy on Sky called Brassic.

I’ve only seen the first episode but it seemed decent.

Yep thanks I've been watching that, by episode 3 you can see his character is basically morphing into Rudy from the Misfits. So far so good :0)

Loved Brasic , just rewatched Kath and Kim and still find that very funny.

Is it just me, or with so many series available Netflix/catch up etc you tend to start one and forget next time you go on there, and start another.

On 07/08/2019 at 15:19, Carey 6 said:

The Wire Set in Baltimore, this show centres around the city's inner-city drug scene seen through the eyes of drug dealers and law enforcement.

If you like The Wire, then you must watch Power on Netflix. I’d say Power is better. It’s like a gangsta Game of Thrones/The Wire type of show❗

Also have to add Inside Number 9 as a great anthology. On iPlayer & Netflix.

And Nightflyers. Not of critical claim as such, though I’d say it’s great. A deep, dark, space futuristic horror/thriller. 

The best show that many probably haven’t watched is The Leftovers. Possibly one of the best ever shows made and slowly now coming from under the radar. 3 seasons, maybe 30 episodes or so and with an actual ending. YOU MUST WATCH IT

Edited by Pickle Rick

34 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

If you like The Wire, then you must watch Power on Netflix. I’d say Power is better. It’s like a gangsta Game of Thrones/The Wire type of show❗

And Nightflyers. Not of critical claim as such, though I’d say it’s great. A deep, dark, space futuristic horror/thriller. 

The best show that many probably haven’t watched is The Leftovers. Possibly one of the best ever shows made and slowly now coming from under the radar. 3 seasons, maybe 30 episodes or so and with an actual ending. YOU MUST WATCH IT

Watched both but Power as good as it was is not in the same league as The Wire,haven’t seen The leftovers so will watch cheers 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pickle Rick said:

Can't agree.  Power is ok but it is nothing like The Wire.  The Wire is gritty and realistic.  Power is a love triangle with basically fantasy level criminality, it becomes unbelievable pretty quickly.  It's fun but it's not in the same league as The Wire.

8 hours ago, Nibor said:

Can't agree.  Power is ok but it is nothing like The Wire.  The Wire is gritty and realistic.  Power is a love triangle with basically fantasy level criminality, it becomes unbelievable pretty quickly.  It's fun but it's not in the same league as The Wire.

Yes, I can understand that people will prefer the Wire, though for me, it just simply wasn’t as good to watch. Power is more entertaining in my opinion and easier to watch in a sense. Me and the other half prefer the easier watch and generally flip between a couple shows at a time. 

I’ve finished Brassic now. While over the top, it was very funny and bits of it reminded me of some of the people I grew up with and the ridiculous stuff they used to get up to.

Great stuff.

My daughter recommended Mindhunter on Netflix. 

Its about the development of profiling in FBI and involves two agents visiting convicted serial killers in prison and interviewing them to gain knowledge on their behaviour and background to their crimes.

All the killers they interviewed are real serial killers played by actors who look amazing like the real killers and the dialog is taken from actual real life interviews 

Ed Kemper the coed killer is particularly fascinating and despite his horrendous crimes you can’t help but like. 

Only two series so far but a third is on its way.

Best thing in Netflix currently imv,

Insight into the making of show is on YouTube if anyone is interested. Just type in Mindhunter.

On 08/07/2019 at 23:42, ziderheadarmy said:

Seen Chernobyl and thought it was excellent.

I’m up-to date with Killing Eve.

Couldn't get into stranger things.

Breaking Bad was brilliant, better call Saul isn’t a patch on it. 

I like all sorts really. Not a huge sc fi fab but I did love Lost.

Never heard of either will have look at the trailers thanks.

I see that the 3rd series of killing eve has been brought forward and will now air from Sunday 12th April 

If anybody wants to watch a crazy documentary, then check out Tiger King on Netflix.

It’s best to go in blind and not look anything up until you’ve finished the series. But my god, it’s insane.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

If anybody wants to watch a crazy documentary, then check out Tiger King on Netflix.

It’s best to go in blind and not look anything up until you’ve finished the series. But my god, it’s insane.

Don't **** with Cats is a crazy suggestion and must watch.

The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez is really upsetting but a must watch.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

Just finished it too , a must watch I would say.

Definitely one of the craziest things on tv.

• Like 2