IGNORED

S82, atmosphere and membership

Redcliffe1990

S82 have done a great job up to now. Credit towards the flag displays and vocal support.

How we can we advance upon this.

We should aim to include as many as possible and have a greater amount of people participating.

The stadium set up should not limit us in creating a better atmosphere, both during and outside of the 90 minutes.

Perhaps we could arrange a small membership fee to join the S82 supporter group.

The social network would expand, which in turn would lead to a greater capacity for support and ideas, and of course greater funds for displays.

As we expand in membership there would be more weight behind an expansion within the ground.

What actually does the term S82 mean?  It doesn't sound City related, which could put people off of joining, myself included for example.

I've often meant to ask, but always forgot, what does it mean?

Anyway, keep on pumping up the atmosphere...

27 minutes ago, Redcliffe1990 said:

S82 have done a great job up to now. Credit towards the flag displays and vocal support.

We should aim to include as many as possible and have a greater amount of people participating.

The stadium set up should not limit us in creating a better atmosphere, both during and outside of the 90 minutes.

Perhaps we could arrange a small membership fee to join the S82 supporter group.

The social network would expand, which in turn would lead to a greater capacity for support and ideas, and of course greater funds for displays.

As we expand in membership there would be more weight behind an expansion within the ground.

I'm all for it but there will be SC holders around s82 who won't want to participate or  move.

Best place is the Atyeo imo but would mean moving away fans into the Lansdown which I don't think is likely to happen unfortunately.

12 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

What actually does the term S82 mean?  It doesn't sound City related, which could put people off of joining, myself included for example.

I've often meant to ask, but always forgot, what does it mean?

Anyway, keep on pumping up the atmosphere...

S82 = Section 82.

Its recognising the fact our club almost ceased to exist in 1982.

48 minutes ago, Redcliffe1990 said:

I agree with expanding section 82 if possible I also think it would be good if we were able to hold bigger displays and make the south stand as a whole a lot more intimidating. 

Imagine displays like you see in the Dutch or German leagues just without the pyro, would be amazing to replicate some of the Willem ll displays and make it our own. 

I think what section 82 does is brilliant but there is potential for so much more and it’s probably just due to a lack of funding? 

It definitely has scope to expand and I think the demand is there.

Question is- firstly the displacement of the existing season ticket holders, secondly sight lines- and thirdly running it past the SAG etc. Would they allow a larger "relaxed approach" area? At this time I'm not so sure.

A further way maybe apply to have the existing plus a section in the Atyeo, the bit closest to the Dolam and reduce away allocations accordingly to help account for this. Again it would also come back to the third point, but 1) and 2) would be box ticked in that case.

I emailed @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO About home fans having an allocation in the Atyeo after the Derby game at the end of last season. Personally I think this would add to the atmosphere rather than split the vocal support we already have. He says there currently is no plan to have a permanent allocation, but maybe with enough support and enthusiasm this could change?

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It definitely has scope to expand and I think the demand is there.

Question is- firstly the displacement of the existing season ticket holders, secondly sight lines- and thirdly running it past the SAG etc. Would they allow a larger "relaxed approach" area? At this time I'm not so sure.

A further way maybe apply to have the existing plus a section in the Atyeo, the bit closest to the Dolam and reduce away allocations accordingly to help account for this. Again it would also come back to the third point, but 1) and 2) would be box ticked in that case.

Isn’t the new “A block” Dolman a good spot for that, with the new game by game cheaper tickets available..? 

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Isn’t the new “A block” Dolman a good spot for that, with the new game by game cheaper tickets available..? 

Good shout that, "A" Block Dolman was the upper part of E34 IIRC in old money.

Question is how many ST Holders etc, how many might already otoh be inclined for s82. Could be a goer though!

3 hours ago, Redcliffe1990 said:

S82 has its place and does a good job but don't get to carried away. 

Talk of expanding within the ground etc is premature. Additional membership will again cause even more of a divide between s82 and the rest of the fan base. Not what is needed. 

3 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Talk of expanding within the ground etc is premature. Additional membership will again cause even more of a divide between s82 and the rest of the fan base. Not what is needed. 

Problem is spoons, what is needed? See my first post, its easy to say what isnt needed and what is wrong, but what is actually needed?

I expect they would be more than happy for help and ideas etc.

1 minute ago, Spoons said:

I would also question the need for expansion yet. From S23 it appears to be under used on many occasions last season, even when supposedly sold out, even allowing for the 10% reduction for standing.

1 minute ago, Ashtonboy said:

I would also question the need for expansion yet. From S23 it appears to be under used on many occasions last season, even when supposedly sold out, even allowing for the 10% reduction for standing.

Really? Almost every game last season it was packed where I stand, a lot more in the rows than there should've been. Seems to sell out quickly for cup games as well I find. 

If there is to be an expansion of S82 hopefully in the not too distant future this could be achieved by safe-standing/rail-seats which I believe is now legal. 

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO and (I think) @Blagdon red are more au fait with the current legislation than me - but it would seem to me S82 would be the perfect place for it?

1 minute ago, Carey 6 said:

Really? Almost every game last season it was packed where I stand, a lot more in the rows than there should've been. Seems to sell out quickly for cup games as well I find. 

Difficult to judge with all your mates around. But from afar it looks like there's plenty of space. Many of my friends in other parts of the ground have also said that expanding S82 seems a strange idea. Also stroll along to S23/24/25 and see the average age of the supporter's 

7 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Yeah agreed, not many games passed last season without people standing on the steps by the side of me. Given that I'd be right at the back, they'd only walk up and stand in the stairwell as a result of everywhere else being too full. 

16 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

If there is to be an expansion of S82 hopefully in the not too distant future this could be achieved by safe-standing/rail-seats which I believe is now legal. 

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO and (I think) @Blagdon red are more au fait with the current legislation than me - but it would seem to me S82 would be the perfect place for it?

AFAIK, it's legal yes- in so far as that they can be installed.

Whether they can be used at UK football is a different matter, not yet. They can be installed though, ready for when the legislation changes- plus of course used for rugby- that may bolster attendances a bit there, as rugby like football has/has had standing areas.

The topic of expanding the standing section crops up every 3 months or so, without any real thought about the problems involved - i e sight lines and existing season ticket holders. Expanding the existing section across the south stand won’t happen as it would block the view of those who want to sit and would entail moving season ticket holders (who probably don’t want to move). Allowing home supporters to stand in the corner of the Atyeo is the only suggestion that seems remotely feasible 

1 hour ago, Spoons said:

Membership to a supporter group, under the S82 banner or under a new title could include people who feel detached from S82 as it stands, in my opinion.

While areas of the ground such as E34 and the atyeo seem appropriate, and could become sister areas to the east end.

Furthermore membership would allow those who cannot stand in S27 - S25 to become included in some form or another. While eventually backing up our desire for an expansion of the singing section, with actual data. The more of us who participate and are vocal, the more pressure is put onto the club.

3 hours ago, Red94 said:

I agree with expanding section 82 if possible I also think it would be good if we were able to hold bigger displays and make the south stand as a whole a lot more intimidating. 

Imagine displays like you see in the Dutch or German leagues just without the pyro, would be amazing to replicate some of the Willem ll displays and make it our own. 

I think what section 82 does is brilliant but there is potential for so much more and it’s probably just due to a lack of funding? 

I completely agree, many currently situated outside of the 'singing section' would be more than willing to offer support, a pair of hands, ideas etc. We should tap into this despite the restrictions currently within the statdium.

1 hour ago, Ashtonboy said:

Difficult to judge with all your mates around. But from afar it looks like there's plenty of space. Many of my friends in other parts of the ground have also said that expanding S82 seems a strange idea. Also stroll along to S23/24/25 and see the average age of the supporter's 

Yep agree - commented a few times last season that it was far from full.  Sure there were reasons though. 

Personally I think to get the atmosphere back you need home fans (who will sing) near away fans so Dolman A block or even part of the Atyeo is the best realistic solution imho. 

My point is that despite the restrictions within the seating arrangement, a group or membership could encourage a greater amount of people into becoming participants. Including a greater amount of people, generating as much noise as possible, advancing upon our supporter community. These are primary desires in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, Redcliffe1990 said:

My point is that despite the restrictions within the seating arrangement, a group or membership could encourage a greater amount of people into becoming participants. Including a greater amount of people, generating as much noise as possible, advancing upon our supporter community. These are primary desires in my opinion.

No offence but you shouldn’t need to be a member of a club to sing and shout support for your team. There’s plenty of us outside of S82 that do as well. 

1 minute ago, lenred said:

No offence but you shouldn’t need to be a member of a club to sing and shout support for your team. There’s plenty of us outside of S82 that do as well. 

True. But S82 are all together as a group, which make them create an atmosphere. Those who shout support in the rest of the ground are scattered around the rest of the ground, so therefore unable to create much of an atmosphere

1 minute ago, lenred said:

I completely agree, I and many others have sung and shouted outside of S82.

Archived