IGNORED

S82, atmosphere and membership

Redcliffe1990

2 hours ago, Redcliffe1990 said:

Are there any plans for the Leeds game? I’m sure some new faces would be able help in setting up and getting involved for the new season

7 minutes ago, phantom said:

Out of interest who would be the best to speak to within S82, I've a suggestion for the Leeds game?

@James

On 10/07/2019 at 22:06, Harry said:

I feel I should probably interject in this thread and give some factual, historical content - since I was the one who actually coined the name “Section 82”. 

Initial ideas centered around 1894....

So there’s the history. Straight from the horses mouth. 

Great post Harry, and much appreciated...however, I can’t believe your initial ideas centered around 1894 - because your branding and merchandise since has declared ‘1897’ - which is not ‘our year’ - here’s some examples ...

76368395-E01B-4C34-B448-3C095873536E.jpeg

70ECBDA1-64D2-47D4-932F-8EACBD2856C3.jpeg

17 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Great post Harry, and much appreciated...however, I can’t believe your initial ideas centered around 1894 - because your branding and merchandise since has declared ‘1897’ - which is not ‘our year’ - here’s some examples ...

76368395-E01B-4C34-B448-3C095873536E.jpeg

70ECBDA1-64D2-47D4-932F-8EACBD2856C3.jpeg

That’s got nothing to do with me ?

18 minutes ago, Harry said:

That’s got nothing to do with me ?

But you said you basically formed ‘Section 82’ ?! Yet you had nothing to do with its branding declaring ‘1897’ despite your initial ideas ‘centring around 1894’ ...

No matter, at least the club has finally acknowledged ‘1894’ even if Section 82 hasn’t ...

Cheers!

On ‎11‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 02:42, Up The City! said:

All for expansion.

Although I can't count on one hand how many times it got my part of the ground going last season.

Far too many ultra songs are sung and not enough Bristol City songs. 

In fact I'd say you sometimes have the opposite effect to what you intend. Sometimes there will be a corner, the SS start to take voice with a traditional BC song and then the drummer and s82 start singing a ultra type song. Totally kills any atmosphere in other stands.

Just something for you to think about. 

I quite liked the EastEnder's name tbh. 

Kind of felt like you erased a huge part of our history by rebranding to something that in all honesty sounds quite generic.

Spot on. The drum is so bad, shouldn't be allowed in a football ground.

On ‎11‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 08:08, Harry said:

At the time we were being moved to the North West corner of the ground, so Eastenders didn’t seem relevant, plus there were no signs that we’d be returning to the ‘traditional’ east end at that time. 

I also recall there being a very divisive feeling amongst a lot of the fan base - there were many many arguments around at that time about an ‘us and them’ attitude - I’m not saying there was, but I saw lots of others saying so. Therefore it was also felt at the time that something new needed to be established. Under the same philosophy as the ‘Forza Eastend’ movement but with a new identity. 

But again, it’s just a name and the ‘eastend’ identity is still there and so are the songs. 

Is it worth us thinking about starting something in one of the corners of the lansdown or dolman for next year? We need away fans to bounce off and we need more than one standing section my opinion

8 minutes ago, Gary Nanes said:

Is it worth us thinking about starting something in one of the corners of the lansdown or dolman for next year? We need away fans to bounce off and we need more than one standing section my opinion

In my opinion, that won't be happening, unfortunately- bit of a non-starter. Certainly not the Lansdown.

On 11/07/2019 at 02:42, Up The City! said:

All for expansion.

Although I can't count on one hand how many times it got my part of the ground going last season.

Far too many ultra songs are sung and not enough Bristol City songs. 

In fact I'd say you sometimes have the opposite effect to what you intend. Sometimes there will be a corner, the SS start to take voice with a traditional BC song and then the drummer and s82 start singing a ultra type song. Totally kills any atmosphere in other stands.

Just something for you to think about. 

I quite liked the EastEnder's name tbh. 

Kind of felt like you erased a huge part of our history by rebranding to something that in all honesty sounds quite generic.

What was actually ‘rebranded’ as you put it?

You can do whatever you like, nothing was taking away, only created.

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

But you said you basically formed ‘Section 82’ ?! Yet you had nothing to do with its branding declaring ‘1897’ despite your initial ideas ‘centring around 1894’ ...

No matter, at least the club has finally acknowledged ‘1894’ even if Section 82 hasn’t ...

Cheers!

Yep. As I said though, I didn’t get involved in S82 last year and stepped away. This merchandise, as far as I know, was brought out last season, and I had no input into any of this. 

Not that any of that matters anyway. I’ve given a true account of how we came up with the name. 

• Admin
59 minutes ago, 054123 said:

I’ve always loved the Dolman A and B block, when things get going, they always step up!!!

We've always been vocal up in these areas but sadly lost numbers when the South stand became a cheaper stand to watch from

E34 is going to be ruined by the cheaper tickets in that we are going to get the casual fans that have no affiliation with City sitting in there

Last season there were a number of games where this was the last block to sell out large numbers of seats together, you would not believe some of the reactions / comments that came from people sitting around here for the first time

One game last season I had four young people sat infront of (clearly on holiday from abroad) they literally spent the whole match recording the game on their ipads, and not just the match, when anyone shouted etc they would all turn and record that section

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

We've always been vocal up in these areas but sadly lost numbers when the South stand became a cheaper stand to watch from

E34 is going to be ruined by the cheaper tickets in that we are going to get the casual fans that have no affiliation with City sitting in there

Last season there were a number of games where this was the last block to sell out large numbers of seats together, you would not believe some of the reactions / comments that came from people sitting around here for the first time

One game last season I had four young people sat infront of (clearly on holiday from abroad) they literally spent the whole match recording the game on their ipads, and not just the match, when anyone shouted etc they would all turn and record that section

Can we get a standing section going in the two end blocks next season? I would seriously push for this if I knew I had others on board.

21 minutes ago, Gary Nanes said:

Can we get a standing section going in the two end blocks next season? I would seriously push for this if I knew I had others on board.

There is no way the club will allow a standing section in those two blocks, let alone throw out all the season ticket holders if they do no want to stand there.

Sightlines for a start would start to be blocked, the police wouldnt want "that type of fan" that close to away fans either.

22 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

There is no way the club will allow a standing section in those two blocks, let alone throw out all the season ticket holders if they do no want to sit.

Sightlines for a start would start to be blocked, the police wouldnt want "that type of fan" that close to away fans either.

Is the right answer unfortunately, IMO. Certainly as it stands.

From the logistical and SAG POV alone, let alone the existing ST holders who may have a different take on it.

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Cheers!

You are aware they also change the date on their logo and ‘merch’ also? Check Twitter, stickers etc...

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Is the right answer unfortunately, IMO. Certainly as it stands.

From the logistical and SAG POV alone, let alone the existing ST holders who may have a different take on it.

Well extend the standing section beyond the south stand corner then. The club always ask for us fans to bring the noise, they could help the cause themselves.

Archived