IGNORED

Coming out as homosexual in the Championship

EnderMB

7 minutes ago, Lucan said:

Nah. I would rather just treat it as normal and not race to OTIB and make a post to show how woke I am

By all means, don't post about it. No problem. But if other people want to (especially on a thread about it...), don't call them out on it.

Just now, RedDave said:

Since Brexit I’ve known of a few racist incidents at Ashton Gate. Wolves last season, Cardiff season before are the two I can remember the specific game. Hadn’t heard any for years before Brexit.

Racist towards players?or chants about that places those teams are from? 

3 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

Racist towards players?or chants about that places those teams are from? 

Towards players. I confronted two men against Cardiff myself and got no back up from other city fans, the steward didn’t want to know and (going by their lack of correspondence with me) neither did the club afterwards. 

I am surprised if anyone doesn’t realise that racism is on the rise. Seems quite a blinkered view.  Many callers into LBC and the like have said how they have received more abuse since Brexit. 

33 minutes ago, RedDave said:

It’s not nonsense if it’s relevant. After Brexit racism has been on the rise in this country.  That’s an appropriate point to make. It just doesn’t fit your agenda so you don’t like it. 

Unlike you , I havnt got any agenda . I couldn’t give a flying **** about Brexit or politics full stop 

There is one poster on the forum who stands out as having a political agenda and including showing it  it on as many threads as possible  

Football has come on in massive leaps n bounds regarding racism

As somebody who’s been in the terraces for 40 odd years football is a relative church now 

I seriously can’t recall the last time  I’ve heard anything mumbled let alone shouted or chanted at football that could be constituted as racist

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Unlike you , I havnt got any agenda . I couldn’t give a flying **** about Brexit or politics full stop 

There is one poster on the forum who stands out as having a political agenda and including showing it  it on as many threads as possible  

You couldn’t give a flying **** about brexit or politics?

Im surprised you don’t care about what happens to your country really, whatever your stance the fact we have a democracy where everyone has a voice is something we should be proud of. To not care about that is sad to be honest

5 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

You couldn’t give a flying **** about brexit or politics?

Im surprised you don’t care about what happens to your country really, whatever your stance the fact we have a democracy where everyone has a voice is something we should be proud of. To not care about that is sad to be honest

No I dont

And when you’ve lived life a tad longer , finished University , and step into the real world for a few decades , you might not either

Anyway I needn’t worry - RedDave is on his one man crusade to change the world from his HQ in St George

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

No I dont

And when you’ve lived life a tad longer , finished University , and step into the real world for a few decades , you might not either

Very weird way of looking at things. Personally I think it’s important to have a voice and use our democracy, something that my ancestors have fought and died for

Each to their own though I suppose 

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

Very weird way of looking at things. Personally I think it’s important to have a voice and use our democracy, something that my ancestors have fought and died for

Opinions are often better based on actual experience , not tutors views

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

No I dont

Exactly. Eventually he'll realise that all that we perceive is illusory, that we're all just part of an atomic soup, and that nothing can be truly known.

That's what you meant, isn't it?

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Opinions are often better based on actual experience , not tutors views

Completely agree, hence why I haven’t been influenced politically by any tutor and am basing my opinions off of my admittedly limited experience.

Thanks for the patronising advice though...

1 hour ago, paul_fox said:

Maybe i worded it wrong. But yeah I know a lot of the gay community don't like the attention etc. Possibly a pr stunt by a group or media to get others to come out as they'd be all over it whilst most fans wouldn't really care  

I think it's much more likely that the individual in question couldn't go through with it. Whatever people say about fans not caring, they will get abuse. They'll get abuse from opposition fans if they're playing well, they'll get abuse from their own fans if they're playing poorly. The media and trolls on Twitter will harass them and their family. I'm not sure why anyone would think this would be the "so what?" occurrence that it should be. That's not all aimed at you btw; there are plenty of people who seem to think a footballer coming out as gay would pass without incident, but it won't

6 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

I think all the new 'gender identities' that keep cropping up are already painting people in the LGBTQ+ as attention seekers. I know several people in that community who aren't happy about it. 

What 'new' gender identities..

6 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

I think all the new 'gender identities' that keep cropping up are already painting people in the LGBTQ+ as attention seekers. I know several people in that community who aren't happy about it. 

What is the Q bit?

I am a bit behind the times, I thought it was just LGBT.

2 hours ago, RedDave said:

Since Brexit I’ve known of a few racist incidents at Ashton Gate. Wolves last season, Cardiff season before are the two I can remember the specific game. Hadn’t heard any for years before Brexit.

How ******* stupid is it to link incidents at AG to Brexit.

Presumably the offenders told you ?

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

That democratic vote didn't go down too well with some mind...

2 hours ago, Lucan said:

So now the obvious wind up has been put on ice, can OTIB members now stop competing to show how cool they are with the world of LGBTQIAPK+ ...?

The number of posts on here from people just itching to show how open minded they are just makes me cringe

9 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

What is the Q bit?

LGBTQIAPK - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transsexual, Queer, Intersex, Asexual, Pansexual and Kinkiness.

Some abbreviations drop the K and add a Q for Questioning and a A for Ally (straight people that support gay rights)

16 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

What is the Q bit?

Behind the times? 

I'm still at male and female!

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Football has come on in massive leaps n bounds regarding racism

As somebody who’s been in the terraces for 40 odd years football is a relative church now 

I seriously can’t recall the last time  I’ve heard anything mumbled let alone shouted or chanted at football that could be constituted as racist

Your agenda is to wind people up as far as I can tell. 

I only usually talk politics on political threads but this point is relevant on this one

46 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

How ******* stupid is it to link incidents at AG to Brexit.

Presumably the offenders told you ?

Racism in general is on the increase. If you don’t know that then you are the stupid one.

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

LGBTQIAPK - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transsexual, Queer, Intersex, Asexual, Pansexual and Kinkiness.

Some abbreviations drop the K and add a Q for Questioning and a A for Ally (straight people that support gay rights)

Is that serious? Or have I been whooshed? 

I thought queer was a derogatory term for a homosexual.

And why isn't homosexual in the list?

And what is intersex?

Edit

Bloody hell. I just googled it and it is all real. 

8 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Is that serious? Or have I been whooshed? 

I thought queer was a derogatory term for a homosexual.

And why isn't homosexual in the list?

And what is intersex?

Edit

Bloody hell. I just googled it and it is all real. 

The whole thing is merely a fabrication by manufacturers of flags and banners so that people have to buy knew ones each year.

It isn't one big happy family either; there was considerable opposition when the Chief Exec of Stonewall decided to add the T to LGB in 2015 because T by allowing self-selection of gender was thought to be in conflict with LGB which strongly equates sex with gender and the sometimes violent conflicts continue.

7 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

The whole thing is merely a fabrication by manufacturers of flags and banners so that people have to buy knew ones each year.

It isn't one big happy family either; there was considerable opposition when the Chief Exec of Stonewall decided to add the T to LGB in 2015 because T by allowing self-selection of gender was thought to be in conflict with LGB which strongly equates sex with gender and the sometimes violent conflicts continue.

While it’s true that it’s not always a happy family, “LGBT” has been around since at least the 1990s, not 2015.

Archived