IGNORED

Coming out as homosexual in the Championship

EnderMB

6 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

While it’s true that it’s not always a happy family, “LGBT” has been around since at least the 1990s, not 2015.

I meant specifically to that organisation's campaigning rather than in general though I accept that I didn't make that sufficiently clear. 

Extract from their wiki page:

Following the passage of equal marriage laws, Stonewall sought a new focus. On 16 February 2015 Stonewall announced their plan to campaign for trans equality in a report generated from consultation with over 700 trans people,[50] despite previously maintaining a "a strict distinction between sexual orientation and gender identity"

5 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Very weird way of looking at things. Personally I think it’s important to have a voice and use our democracy, something that my ancestors have fought and died for

Each to their own though I suppose 

It’s not though, is it..?

We now have a man in charge of our country who not one single member of the general public has voted to be put there. 

How is that democracy serving the nation well..?! 

6 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Unlike you , I havnt got any agenda . I couldn’t give a flying **** about Brexit or politics full stop 

There is one poster on the forum who stands out as having a political agenda and including showing it  it on as many threads as possible  

Football has come on in massive leaps n bounds regarding racism

As somebody who’s been in the terraces for 40 odd years football is a relative church now 

I seriously can’t recall the last time  I’ve heard anything mumbled let alone shouted or chanted at football that could be constituted as racist

Cold-hard fact: Reported incidents are up by almost half

Your opinion: It's just down to more incidents being reported

Your opinion: Because @BobBobSuperBob hasn't seen any racism in at Ashton Gate, it must have come on "leaps and bounds".

Can you just correct me if any of that's wrong please, and if the last two points are based on anything other than your own anecdotal evidence?

51 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

We now have a man in charge of our country who not one single member of the general public has voted to be put there. 

Ummm. As far as I’m aware Tory members are still the ‘general public’

8 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Fact: Reported incidents are up by almost half

Opinion: It's just down to more incidents being reported

Opinion: Because @BobBobSuperBob hasn't seen any racism in at Ashton Gate, it must have come on "leaps and bounds".

Can you just correct me if any of that's wrong please?

That’s it we are al doomed then 

You think that it’s worse now than the 90s 80s 70s do you ?

Do you ? 

im sure a literate like you will realise that for one they changed what is regarded as a racist incident for recording purposes do you ?

Unsurprisingly that effects the figures you rely on so heavily

??

21 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

That’s it we are al doomed then 

You think that it’s worse now than the 90s 80s 70s do you ?

Do you ? 

im sure a literate like you will realise that for one they changed what is regarded as a racist incident for recording purposes do you ?

Unsurprisingly that effects the figures you rely on so heavily

??

So you don’t actually have anything beyond what you’ve seen with your own eyes at Ashton Gate - very convincing.

While I write this, ITV London is showing a report with Asian amateur players who say they’ve been targeted more in recent years, and it seems to have coincided with Brexit.

Are you saying you’re right and they’re wrong?

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

That’s the system we have in place. 

We could have a Presidential system if you so wished, but that obviously has its flaws

13 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

So you don’t actually have anything beyond what you’ve seen with your own eyes at Ashton Gate - very convincing.

While I write this, ITV London is showing a report with Asian amateur players who say they’ve been targeted more in recent years, and it seems to have coincided with Brexit.

Are you saying you’re right and they’re wrong?

That’s it then , if some Asian amateur players somewhere say they’ve been targeted , it’s all down to Brexit and the country is doomed

I do laugh at all you Brexit obsessives 

Btw - I assume you are well versed to all the figures you seem to rely on so heavily , and their breakdown and the effect for example of social media in the number of ‘incidents’ ?

Nahhhhh Thought not

8 hours ago, RedDave said:

It’s not nonsense if it’s relevant. After Brexit racism has been on the rise in this country.  That’s an appropriate point to make. It just doesn’t fit your agenda so you don’t like it. 

Correlation v Causation. Brexit voters were not racist nor did the vote mandate racism. From a full blown Remoaner. 

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

That’s it then , if some Asian amateur players somewhere say they’ve been targeted , it’s all down to Brexit and the country is doomed

I do laugh at all you Brexit obsessives 

If "my anecdotal evidence is right but anecdotal evidence people who would actually be affected by racism is wrong" is the bar we've dropped to then it's probably time to give up.

21 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Correlation v Causation. Brexit voters were not racist nor did the vote mandate racism. From a full blown Remoaner. 

It’s difficult to prove but it does seem logical that since people like Farage and people more extreme than him have become part of the mainstream, it does enable these kind of incidents.

1 hour ago, James54De said:

Ummm. As far as I’m aware Tory members are still the ‘general public’

Then you don’t know what you are talking about mate..! 

So the general public select Bristol City’s match day line up, because LJ is a member of the public...?! 

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Are the 160k members of the Conservative party not also 'members of the general public'?

36 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

That’s the system we have in place. 

We could have a Presidential system if you so wished, but that obviously has its flaws

I don’t favour any system. It’s all flawed. But for somebody to be in power, who wasn’t voted into power... the system is a joke. 

I will vote in an election when I’m given a box to tick that selects “none of the above”

3 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Are the 160k members of the Conservative party not also 'members of the general public'?

No, they are members of the Conservative party, in this instance. 

Do you honestly think that Boris, or whoever else was promoted, is a good example of our supposedly democratic system..?

The person who is now in charge of our country has not been voted in by IT’S people. Only by HIS people. 

9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I don’t favour any system. It’s all flawed. But for somebody to be in power, who wasn’t voted into power... the system is a joke. 

I will vote in an election when I’m given a box to tick that selects “none of the above”

It’s the only way to do it though, the leader of the Conservative party is voted for by the Conversative Party members. 

The fact that the Conservatives are currently the leading party has absolutely no effect on that

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

It’s the only way to do it though, the leader of the Conservative party is voted for by the Conversative Party members. 

The fact that the Conservatives are currently the leading party has absolutely no effect on that

No, I know that... 

... but “the people” don’t have the leader that they voted in. 

That is not democracy. 

2 minutes ago, James54De said:

The **** you on about you clown? 

I was giving an example of how a person/group of people don’t reflect the general public, just because they are a member of the general public. 

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I was giving an example of how a person/group of people don’t reflect the general public, just because they are a member of the general public. 

No, you said that they weren’t members of the general public, which they are. 

10 minutes ago, James54De said:

No, you said that they weren’t members of the general public, which they are. 

Of course they are members of the general public. But they weren’t given the powers to select the new head of the country, as members of the general public, were they..?! 

Being a member of the general public, who is allowed to vote on something, is very different to the general public being able to vote on that same thing. 

12 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

The whole thing is merely a fabrication by manufacturers of flags and banners so that people have to buy knew ones each year.

It isn't one big happy family either; there was considerable opposition when the Chief Exec of Stonewall decided to add the T to LGB in 2015 because T by allowing self-selection of gender was thought to be in conflict with LGB which strongly equates sex with gender and the sometimes violent conflicts continue.

Enough of your nonsense 

There wouldnt be a modern lgbt movement without the T.  Google Marsha P Johnson and try again.

Lgbt has been a thing for years. 

Archived