IGNORED

Coming out as homosexual in the Championship

EnderMB

16 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

You have a pretty poor view of how we are over here... I don't see the back lash you portray at all, it would be a non-story.

I think Phil is spot-on about the reaction there'd be if it was Lineker or Shearer (especially if they came out as a couple!). Coming out as gay is still a relatively big deal - especially if it's someone you had no idea about. But there's a big difference between that, and feeling contempt towards it. 

22 hours ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

3 of our last 4 did not become PM through a general election. In fact of those 3, only Johnson had to contest an election. Piss poor state of affairs when there is relatively more legitimacy in Johnson's appointment than Brown's or May's.

I dunno if you can even say that. It was widespread public knowledge that Blair was going to hand over to Brown at some point, and both men confirmed it. It could be argued that those voting for Blair as PM knew they'd also get Brown as PM. Not sure all those voting for May in 2017 knew BoZo was going to go on to occupy No.10. 

On 29/07/2019 at 17:13, 1bristolcity said:

And you have a long list, including dyslexphobia, if there is such a thing  I am I hope extremely intolerant of all those things on Phil in France's list and yet you still find time to remind  moi! that I am indeed flawed. How is it up there on that pedestal? ?  

Firstly, I was replying, in jest, to @BobBobSuperBob, who had posted in response to an earlier post from @RedDave:

'Unlike you , I havnt got any agenda . I couldn’t give a flying **** about Brexit or politics full stop 

There is one poster on the forum who stands out as having a political agenda and including showing it  it on as many threads as possible  

Football has come on in massive leaps n bounds regarding racism'.

My reply, lest you forget, was:

'One poster? Just the one? Are you blind man? Deaf? Illiterate?

Seriously Bob, and quite unfortunately, whilst things have improved since the 1970s, there are several (numerous) posters on this forum who are still bigoted, racist, homophobic, perhaps all three....and the list goes on.'  

My post was not addressed to you and nor did it refer to you; your views or, most certainly, seek to remind you of any flaws you might have.

Furthermore, and I apologise if I have misconstrued your post, but I get the impression that you consider me intolerant of people suffering from dyslexia: I assure you nothing could be further from the truth.

Whilst, for personal reasons, I have no desire to expound on the subject, I am sure you are aware that dyslexia is a learning disorder, an illness, if you like, and I should be insulted were you or, indeed, anybody on this forum to suspect I might be intolerant of somebody suffering from any illness. 

As somebody who has often been criticised by posters on this forum has stated:

If you are dyslexic, your eyes work fine, your brain works fine, but there is a little short circuit in the wire that goes between the eye and the brain.

I admit readily that I do get frustrated when people use what I would describe as 'sloppy' English, e.g. write would 'of' instead of 'have', and I despair when people seem incapable of distinguishing between the common words there/their/they're or your/you're, but perhaps that is a personal foible - incidentally, ?, I don't believe the word 'dyslexphobia', which you used in your post, actually exists, although the term dyslexia phobia certainly does, and refers to the anxiety felt by people who suffer from dyslexia when they fear this might be exposed in public.

All the Best.

I have heard my neighbour loudly describing someone (I think he works with) as being Gay going around sucking more dicks than... (x, y, z varies depending on his mood). No idea why he's so obsessed with someone else's sex life, but it's pretty sad to hear.

48 minutes ago, Fiale said:

I have heard my neighbour loudly describing someone (I think he works with) as being Gay going around sucking more dicks than... (x, y, z varies depending on his mood). No idea why he's so obsessed with someone else's sex life, but it's pretty sad to hear.

Sounds like projection to me.

Archived