IGNORED

Coming out as homosexual in the Championship

EnderMB

8 minutes ago, Lucan said:

We didn’t vote in a leader, we voted in a party.  It’s not at all complicated but morons always roll out the “unelected leader” tripe when it suits them.

if you don’t understand how voting in a GE works I’ll happily lend you a book or two

I can think of at least one moron who doesn't understand it.

62409104-2316045711786530-78845868704855

41 minutes ago, Lucan said:

We didn’t vote in a leader, we voted in a party.  It’s not at all complicated but morons always roll out the “unelected leader” tripe when it suits them.

if you don’t understand how voting in a GE works I’ll happily lend you a book or two

I do understand that, but appreciate your offer of guidance...!

It sounds to me like you and many other Tory or anti Corbyn/Labour (and I’m definitely anti Corbyn) supporters are getting extremely defensive over Boris. 

As the poster above has shown, Boris himself agrees with exactly what I’m saying, or at least he did until it didn’t serve his own best interests. 

I’m not pro Tory/Labour/Green party/UKIP or any other bunch of self serving, lying hypocrites. 

I am strongly anti all of them, and the failing democratic system. 

2 minutes ago, Lucan said:

Oh I didn't realise that Boris Johnson's thoughts from 11 years ago were now used as the basis for parliamentary constitution.

If you can't see that quote is a blatant piece of propoganda used to score points when it suited him there is no hope...

Exactly..! It’s all about what suits “him/them” best at any given time. Not the best interests of “the people”. 

The whole system & establishment are floored, imo. 

12 minutes ago, Lucan said:

Oh I didn't realise that Boris Johnson's thoughts from 11 years ago were now used as the basis for parliamentary constitution.

If you can't see that quote is a blatant piece of propoganda used to score points when it suited him there is no hope...

Oh I didn’t realise that I had suggested basing a parliamentary constitution on what Boris said. I thought I was just pointing out the rank hypocrisy of the new PM.

But don’t worry, there is hope! I can see that his 2007 Telegraph article was only used to score points. That’s why I posted it, it’s a perfect quote to use to score points against Johnson.

9 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

No, they are members of the Conservative party, in this instance. 

Do you honestly think that Boris, or whoever else was promoted, is a good example of our supposedly democratic system..?

The person who is now in charge of our country has not been voted in by IT’S people. Only by HIS people. 

We don't have a presidential system.

The government were tasked by the people, by the result of the referendum, to get Britain out of the EU, and had absolutely promised to do so.

When the government give the electorate a direct choice with a referendum they are solemnly obliged to enact the result, and Teresa May was clearly incapable of doing that.

We now have a PM in situ who says he is absolutely determined to deliver the result of the democratic vote so I'm sure all those who value democracy will wish him well in doing so.

20 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

The government were tasked by the people, by the result of the referendum, to get Britain out of the EU, and had absolutely promised to do so.

When the government give the electorate a direct choice with a referendum they are solemnly obliged to enact the result, and Teresa May was clearly incapable of doing that.

We now have a PM in situ who says he is absolutely determined to deliver the result of the democratic vote so I'm sure all those who value democracy will wish him well in doing so.

Naughty Noggers! I think you know there's a bit more nuance than that!

Haha, looks like this thread has gone a bit off-topic!

Anyway, Jim White, the journalist with TalkSport that had allegedly spoke with this person via DM has gone incredibly quiet, so I'm starting to believe that the wool has been pulled over his eyes and he's too ashamed to admit it. If his Twitter replies are anything to go by it's given his reputation a bit of a kicking.

Not to name names, but if you dig deep enough on Twitter, a name keeps being passed around as the person behind the hoax, and that person has received a lot of hate, while not denying that they were involved. It wouldn't surprise me if this person ended up deleting their account or taking their real name off of the account to ensure that hate doesn't follow them around to real life.

2 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Yes, granted... he is (hopefully) better skilled to deliver a suitable Brexit solution. However I do think that’s a separate point to my issues that the person who now heads our country, as a whole - not just for a solution to Brexit - has not been voted into that position by way of a democratic process. 

It’s nothing against Boris, per say, I just don’t think any Prime minister, be they Labour, Tory or the Monster raving looney party, should “acquire” that position because of an in house vote amongst their colleagues..! 

12 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Yes, granted... he is (hopefully) better skilled to deliver a suitable Brexit solution. However I do think that’s a separate point to my issues that the person who now heads our country, as a whole - not just for a solution to Brexit - has not been voted into that position by way of a democratic process. 

It’s nothing against Boris, per say, I just don’t think any Prime minister, be they Labour, Tory or the Monster raving looney party, should “acquire” that position because of an in house vote amongst their colleagues..! 

Boris has been democratically elected by the members of the party the country democratically put into power.

22 hours ago, Lucan said:

The number of posts on here from people just itching to show how open minded they are just makes me cringe

When was the last time you actually cringed, like reeeally?

Your post makes you seem worse, trying to tower above those you're talking about as if your voice matters more. Stop being a dick to people who are just posting their stance on a message board. That's what message boards are for, opinion and debate. 

13 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Boris has been democratically elected by the members of the party the country democratically put into power.

Yes, the Tories are democratically elected, whether people like that or not. 

Boris hasn’t been democratically voted into power as our Prime minister though. He’s been promoted from within, whether the general public of this country like it or not - whoever they voted for at the last general election, they did not vote for a party with Boris at the head of it. 

Anyway, a difference of opinion on the matter is fine. I really don’t care too much because, imo, there are no decent alternatives, from any party. 

7 minutes ago, Lucan said:

I'm putting forward my opinion.  "That's what message boards are for, opinion and debate."

Don't bother to engage with me again until you have something useful to add, I have no time for lightweight banter with someone like you

You're not though, you're personally attacking people for putting forward their stance. Sure, the attack is just backhanded comments but it's still there nonetheless. 

Nice effort to come back though... now,

Don't bother to engage with me again until you have something useful to add, I have no time for lightweight banter with someone like you.

(See, we can all be a dismissive dick.)

25 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Boris has been democratically elected by the members of the party that did not get enough votes from the country to govern and so had to agree to pay £1billion to N Ireland in order for the DUP to agree to help prop them up.

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Yes, the Tories are democratically elected, whether people like that or not. 

I think it's fair to say the ones who didn't vote Conservative don't like it. ;)

The ones who did vote Conservative are likely to be happier today as they voted for a party promising at the last election to deliver Brexit and there is now a PM in place stating his absolute determination to carry out that mandate.

A solemn promise made by Labour as well of course, but that's a different story.

1 minute ago, BS2 Red said:

Boris has been democratically elected by the members of the party that did not get enough votes from the country to govern and so had to agree to pay £1billion to N Ireland in order for the DUP to agree to help prop them up.

Historically all parties will assume power by hook or by crook, that's the way it goes.

The key thing here is the country voted to get out of the widely despised E. Union, and undemocratic powers working against the people have done everything possible to thwart that mandate.

We now at last have a leader saying with conviction he will deliver on the vote of the people.

That's something all democrats - whether Leave or Remain voters originally - should support.

Let's wish Boris every success on finally delivering on the referendum result.

8 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Historically all parties will assume power by hook or by crook, that's the way it goes.

The key thing here is the country voted to get out of the widely despised E. Union, and undemocratic powers working against the people have done everything possible to thwart that mandate.

We now at last have a leader saying with conviction he will deliver on the vote of the people.

That's something all democrats - whether Leave or Remain voters originally - should support.

Let's wish Boris every success on finally delivering on the referendum result.

Historically parties win a majority and are able to govern. The Tories won more seats than anybody else, but they certainly didn’t win the 2017 elections. Going cap in hand to the DUP is not winning.

And as the majority now support remaining in the EU, the democratic thing to do is to put the question back to the people.

Edit:

I keep clicking on replies and forgetting what thread this is.  If you want to chat about the EU/Brexit then I am happy to in the Brexit thread but I will stop replying in here before we get even more off topic!

27 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

Historically parties win a majority and are able to govern. The Tories won more seats than anybody else, but they certainly didn’t win the 2017 elections. Going cap in hand to the DUP is not winning.

And as the majority now support remaining in the EU, the democratic thing to do is to put the question back to the people.

Sure they do, just like the polls said remain would win the referendum.

We can all agree we live in a parliamentary democracy where we don’t directly elect the Prime Minister.

However,  I think some posters are being a bit dishonest suggesting the national leader doesn’t have a significant influence on the majority of votes that are cast in any UK General Election. Certainly, it’s what gets brought out every day when people have compared the reigns of May and Corbyn over the last three years.

With that in mind, I think there is a strong argument that without calling a GE, in reality if not technically, Boris’ mandate is at best compromised.

On 15/07/2019 at 18:13, soultrader said:

On the upside you lefties have a massive advantage in boxing !

apparently one of the only sports where it is a big advantage

having boxed myself I can attest to this

but if you don’t believe me, google it and see how many left handed world champs there have been.  A disproportionate amount when compared to the percentage of lefties in the population   

Cricket is very similar.

I'll give you David Gower for starters, but just have a glance at Wisden (or Google?) - it just seems that the majority of flamboyant batsmen appear to have been left-handed: there have also been quite a few gifted left-handed bowlers ?.

On 24/07/2019 at 13:02, Eddie Hitler said:

It seemed a silly way to go about it; if you want to draw vast media attention to yourself then that's what you would do.

A local radio presenter has "come out" as gay, previously had a girlfriend, but has never made a big deal of it or even openly said it on the radio AFAIK and it's not referred to.  He has a public social media account which shows pictures of him and his partner on holiday.

Now I accept that the Championship is not local radio but that sort of "so what, it's not an issue" approach is surely going to be better than this "big announcement coming" tack which is only going to stoke media interest.

If one of our players did the same with no big announcement but just allowed people to pick up that their media stream was mainly pictures of him and the same bloke all the time and his response was "so what, it's not an issue" then I don't think it would be much of one.

I know it isn't an issue for OTIB, as per this thread, but I don't think anyone expected it to be so anyway.  This is a polite place.

My thoughts entirely.

I have several friends and acquaintances who have 'come out' as gay or were even openly gay when I first met/was introduced to them: it was no big deal and, almost without exception, they (and their partners) were all lovely blokes to boot - and, of course, why shouldn't they be?

But, and this is surely the crux of the matter, just imagine if, for instance, Gary Lineker or Alan Shearer were to reveal themselves as being gay.

The headline news in the media and the hot topic in the pubs would be: 'Hey, did you hear about ....?'

The subject would be headline news for days, even weeks, and is it no wonder that a humble young Championship player has perhaps decided that, at this stage of his career, he doesn't want to be the subject of (perhaps/probably negative) headline news? 

On 24/07/2019 at 16:10, BobBobSuperBob said:

Unlike you , I havnt got any agenda . I couldn’t give a flying **** about Brexit or politics full stop 

There is one poster on the forum who stands out as having a political agenda and including showing it  it on as many threads as possible  

Football has come on in massive leaps n bounds regarding racism

As somebody who’s been in the terraces for 40 odd years football is a relative broad church now 

I seriously can’t recall the last time  I’ve heard anything mumbled let alone shouted or chanted at football that could be constituted as racist

One poster? Just the one? Are you blind man? Deaf? Illiterate?

Seriously Bob, and quite unfortunately, whilst things have improvedsince the 1970s, there are several (numerous) posters on this forum who are still bigoted, racist, homophobic, perhaps all three....and the list goes on.  

On 24/07/2019 at 22:20, Bar BS3 said:

It’s not though, is it..?

We now have a man in charge of our country who not one single member of the general public has voted to be put there. 

How is that democracy serving the nation well..?! 

Yeah, of course.

And didn't the same sort of thing happen with Gordon Brown.

Democracy, eh? Bloody Democracy.

16 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Yeah, of course.

And didn't the same sort of thing happen with Gordon Brown.

Democracy, eh? Bloody Democracy.

3 of our last 4 did not become PM through a general election. In fact of those 3, only Johnson had to contest an election. Piss poor state of affairs when there is relatively more legitimacy in Johnson's appointment than Brown's or May's.

14 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

One poster? Just the one? Are you blind man? Deaf? Illiterate?

Seriously Bob, and quite unfortunately, whilst things have improvedsince the 1970s, there are several (numerous) posters on this forum who are still bigoted, racist, homophobic, perhaps all three....and the list goes on.  

And you have a long list, including dyslexphobia, if there is such a thing  I am I hope extremely intolerant of all those things on Phil in France's list and yet you still find time to remind  moi! that I am indeed flawed. How is it up there on that pedestal? ?  

54 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

My thoughts entirely.

I have several friends and acquaintances who have 'come out' as gay or were even openly gay when I first met/was introduced to them: it was no big deal and, almost without exception, they (and their partners) were all lovely blokes to boot - and, of course, why shouldn't they be?

But, and this is surely the crux of the matter, just imagine if, for instance, Gary Lineker or Alan Shearer were to reveal themselves as being gay.

The headline news in the media and the hot topic in the pubs would be: 'Hey, did you hear about ....?'

The subject would be headline news for days, even weeks, and is it no wonder that a humble young Championship player has perhaps decided that, at this stage of his career, he doesn't want to be the subject of (perhaps/probably negative) headline news? 

You have a pretty poor view of how we are over here... I don't see the back lash you portray at all, it would be a non-story.

Archived