IGNORED

AFC Wimbledon v Bristol City - Friendly Matchday Thread

Selred

This Tuesday, 7.45pm kick off. Kingsmeadow.

Away supporters can only purchase tickets on the night of the fixture, no pre sales will be available. Away supporters will be situated in the John Green Stand. Tickets will be available from the turnstiles, cash only from 18:30pm.

Ticket prices:

Adult - £15.00

Senior 65+ -£10.00

Student - £10.00 – Must show a valid student ID card

Under-18 -£4.00

5 hours ago, Selred said:

This Tuesday, 7.45pm kick off. Kingsmeadow.

Away supporters can only purchase tickets on the night of the fixture, no pre sales will be available. Away supporters will be situated in the John Green Stand. Tickets will be available from the turnstiles, cash only from 18:30pm.

Ticket prices:

Adult - £15.00

Senior 65+ -£10.00

Student - £10.00 – Must show a valid student ID card

Under-18 -£4.00

No disabled concession?

£15.... If only I could tell you that Kingsmeadow is the height of luxury. Or that the football is going to be scintillating...

I guess at least I can tell you that no one's getting rich off your £15s. The club is desperately scraping together cash to be able to afford to build a fairly modest new stadium and to go home for the first time in nearly 30 years. And we don't have a rich benefactor. Fans are being asked to dig very deep to buy new shares, that will never pay dividends. And other than that and sponsorship, gate fees is all we've got!

Sorry if it seems steep. We promise to try to take 6 points off Rovers this year.

We played Brentford on Friday and got beaten 3-0. They switched their entire 11 at half time (it was goalless at that point), but we waited till 60 mins to do the same. The manager implies we're going to be doing the same thing tonight. What that means for City I don't know...

Wimbledon had a good end to the season and City drifted, but there's a huge gulf in the quality of the teams. So I'm just hoping we're not embarrassed! And that it's played in proper PSF spirit so that neither side picks up any silly injuries.

14-0. A spicy Weimann, Szmodics and Janneh with a side of Watkins. Washed down with a tasty Semenyo. 

Carlsberg don't do friendlies but if they did........ woooweee.

Ok, it was Hallen, toolstation, nonleague blah blah blah. But the kids got a good run out as did the pros shaking the cobwebs off from early May. On a beautiful summer's day, in the Rovers backyard, it was a successful start to pre-season.

Tonight's oppo are the OG phoenixes. Rising from the ashes left behind by MK Dons, AFC Wimbledon have gone above and beyond what was expected at the time. The 80s and 90s Crazy Gang mentality still lives within the club and their fans and can only have benefitted their atmospheric ascend through the leagues in just 17 years.

League one regulars, they've sat at level 3 in the football pyramid since winning the L2 P.O. finals back in 2016. They just narrowly avoided relegation last season thanks to a smaller goal difference (just 3 goals in it) than Plymouth Argyle, whom were sunk on the final day of the season.

Tonight will also include a familiar face to City fans. The bearded one, Mr Wagstaff aka Waggy, whom is still earning his crust, will no doubt get a rapturous applause from the travelling Bristolians. Part of our team from the Cotts era, he will enjoy a hug or two from good friends Marlon Pack and Korey Smith (if he goes for the trip).

This won't be another 14-0 drubbing and I doubt LJ will play 3 different teams for 30 minutes so expect more of the first team with a smattering of youngsters. Fully expecting a win though so 5-1 City.

To those going on the M4/Paddington, remember there's some odd poshies, wanting strawberries and cream and drinking champers whilst watching women and men whack a ball at one another, so traffic will be a nightmare in and around Wimbledon today. Poshies won't appreciate you parking right next to the Range or the Rolls you know. Tally ho.

Until tonight then,

COYRS!

Archived