IGNORED

AFC Wimbledon v Bristol City - Friendly Matchday Thread

Selred

1 minute ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Baker handball I think

I know it's only a friendly but I really worry if Kalas or Webster get injured this season.

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

I know it's only a friendly but I really worry if Kalas or Webster get injured this season.

Shows how far we've come in such a short space of time. Baker and Wright are both solid Championship players who could do a job for most teams in this division imo. Not worth worrying about at all.

31 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

In fairness to Fammy he has missed large chunks of both the last two seasons which has stopped him getting near the "magic" 20 goal mark, think his goasl to game ratio was actually better than Bobby's the season before last and his season never started till mid to late September last time out so by the time he got match sharp he had already missed two months!

Most players tend to miss games. Harry Kane always seems to miss a couple of months post Christmas but still scores plenty.

Just now, chinapig said:

So do you have any evidence that what we were told is untrue, or are you just making an assumption?

When LJ revealed these "facts" he said "Look, I'll be as honest as I can with you" which suggests there is more to it than the simplified version he was prepared to reveal. That's all. Sometimes people have to be guarded with the truth and that is fine, but it is also why I don't necessarily accept a one-sided version of the truth. A truth that we will never know and not a reason for levelling hatred and vitriol at a young footballer.

2 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

When LJ revealed these "facts" he said "Look, I'll be as honest as I can with you" which suggests there is more to it than the simplified version he was prepared to reveal. That's all. Sometimes people have to be guarded with the truth and that is fine, but it is also why I don't necessarily accept a one-sided version of the truth. A truth that we will never know and not a reason for levelling hatred and vitriol at a young footballer.

No he never. He said the club offered him what he wanted for him to sign the contract. And then he still turned it down. That’s a fact . 

Overall strong turn out, must of been circa 300 city fans. Few chants. Good laugh. 

In terms of the game, hard to judge players when they are only getting 30 mins each. 

Special shout outs to Sammie, boy looks class. Great movement, good touch. Also thought Moore looked rather tidy, and Hunt had a good game. 

Bakinson I thought was poor, some bad passes as he didn’t look up, and lost his man a few times. Also thought Webster didn’t have his best game, bottled a few headers and some suspect positioning. Although did spray a couple of lovely passes. 

Still think there is a long way to go before we can judge the squad. Big pre-season away trip now, chatted to Scotty pre-game, he’s got his submarine ready to take all the gear over.  

4 minutes ago, Selred said:

Overall strong turn out, must of been circa 300 city fans. Few chants. Good laugh. 

In terms of the game, hard to judge players when they are only getting 30 mins each. 

Special shout outs to Sammie, boy looks class. Great movement, good touch. Also thought Moore looked rather tidy, and Hunt had a good game. 

Bakinson I thought was poor, some bad passes as he didn’t look up, and lost his man a few times. Also thought Webster didn’t have his best game, bottled a few headers and some suspect positioning. Although did spray a couple of lovely passes. 

Still think there is a long way to go before we can judge the squad. Big pre-season away trip now, chatted to Scotty pre-game, he’s got his submarine ready to take all the gear over.  

What style of play did we go with?

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

What style of play did we go with?

A mix, 4-2-3-1 / 3-5-1-2. It kept changing throughout the game. 

A lot of width and whipping balls in, however we didn’t have anyone around the 6 yard box most time to make the most of it (like when Fam scored). A lot of our strikers were coming too deep. 

I was sat in the home stand and there was a lot of praise for Walsh from a couple of guys with notebooks sat close to me. He was always getting into space and available for the pass. Wollacott made some extremely good saves and we do seem to have a fair number of good keepers. Sammie definitely wants the ball and defenders will not like him running at them like an Exocet missile and he picked a few good passes.

All in all, quite impressed with where we are. Hope to have a good season.

58 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

Fair enough, but you are assuming that what LJ didn't feel able to talk about would have been to O'Dowda's advantage: it might have been quite the opposite.

Again, if you want to suggest that LJ was being economical with the truth you have to have some evidence.

Agree about the hatred and vitriol but I fear he may have shot himself in the foot.

1 hour ago, Loco Rojo said:

It's alright boys and girls. Get the penalties out of the way in pre season I say, then smash it when the proper business starts. 

I am afraid we will be seeing a lot of penalties this season with the new interpretation of the rules, particularly handball. People seem to think it will be easy for defenders who have been schooled in taking up particular positions and body shapes when defending, to just change those positions overnight. It's deeply ingrained and I think it will take a while for the coaches to change a lot of players and the way they play.

47 minutes ago, Selred said:

A mix, 4-2-3-1 / 3-5-1-2. It kept changing throughout the game. 

A lot of width and whipping balls in, however we didn’t have anyone around the 6 yard box most time to make the most of it (like when Fam scored). A lot of our strikers were coming too deep. 

3512? Like that....make so many subs and hope the ref doesn’t notice 12 on the pitch ?

Archived