IGNORED

AFC Wimbledon v Bristol City - Friendly Matchday Thread

Selred

1 hour ago, Yellow&Blue&Red said:

We played Brentford on Friday and got beaten 3-0. They switched their entire 11 at half time (it was goalless at that point), but we waited till 60 mins to do the same. The manager implies we're going to be doing the same thing tonight. What that means for City I don't know...

Wimbledon had a good end to the season and City drifted, but there's a huge gulf in the quality of the teams. So I'm just hoping we're not embarrassed! And that it's played in proper PSF spirit so that neither side picks up any silly injuries.

That's interesting, thanks. I'm hoping it's more of a football match than our friendly on Saturday. Not in terms of the scoreline but in the way we set up. So are you a City and Wimbledon fan?

7 minutes ago, Coppello said:

So are you a City and Wimbledon fan?

Weird I know, but yes sort of... There's no one more up for this game than me. Never looked forward to a pre season friendly so much and for so long before!

Wimbledon's closest to my heart. But since we moved to Bristol 15 years ago, City are closest to my house. I wanted my son to support his local team and in any case didn't have the time/energy to take him regularly to Wimbledon matches when he was first getting interested and Wimbledon were working their way up to the conference. I just came down as a neutral the first few times I brought him to Ashton gate, but I love live football so we started coming down more often and of course you end up supporting the home team.

We've been City season ticket holders the last few years and although I probably wouldn't call myself a 'fan', I know more about the current team than I do about the Dons who I only get to see a handful of times a year.

I'll be driving up from Bristol in a moment, but sitting with mates in the home end. I'll be taking my son and a friend of his, who are city first, Wimbledon second and who will probably be sitting with you lot.

1 hour ago, Selred said:

Is there a bar in the away stand does anyone know? And will it be open?

I was also wondering the same. I’ve been to the ground before and I think there was a village hall style bar in the ground where you could grab a pint. This wasn’t in the away end though but I imagine, as it’s a formerly, this will be open to all. 

6 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Any news on the kind of team we are putting out? Is it the youngsters?

Would think it was more of a first team game than youngsters.  We have more than 22 in our first team squad, so could quite easily field two ‘first teams”, one in each half, without needing the true young’uns.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Would think it was more of a first team game than youngsters.  We have more than 22 in our first team squad, so could quite easily field two ‘first teams”, one in each half, without needing the true young’uns.

Agree - I’d guess it will be the 22 who played the first hour on saturday, less Wollacott and Gilmartin with Bentley and Maenppa coming in. Possibly Taylor, Moore and CoD from game 3. All dependent if rumours of Walsh/Adeluken being loaned out are true as well.

What will be most revealing again is shape to see if Hallen was a red herring or we’re formulating a different formation this year. Also, would hazard a guess anyone not there tonight will not be going to the US

3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

How about this to start ?

...............Maenpaa

Hunt   Kalas   Webster   Dasilva

..........Pack   Brownhill

Weimann   Paterson   Szmodics

...............Semenyo 

Don’t think JDS is back - goes without saying he’s on the plane though!

Archived