Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Selred

AFC Wimbledon v Bristol City - Friendly Matchday Thread

Just now, GlastonburyRed said:

Agreed that Fam would be a loss what with Championship standard strikers not growing on trees, as for CoD, not as convinced we would miss him. 

An in form and happy COD like we had at the first part of last season could be the difference of us making the top 6. He is quality at his best.

1 minute ago, OldlandReddies said:

I'm glad LJ is not taking that same attitude. 

Whatever happens he's still a knobhead for ******* about with my club 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

I'm glad LJ is not taking that same attitude. 

You sure. We have offered him what he wanted and still turned it down. He could cost us money by leaving for nothing. And if he signed a new contract it’s because know one has come in for him . **** COD

Edited by Red Army 75
  • Snake 1

33 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

And some people say Fam can't finish..

It’s AFC Wimbledon not a top Championship side

And it’s an early pre- season friendly.

Edited by ScottishRed

Just now, cidered abroad said:

How serious I wonder.

I trust that not that serious

- It wasn’t strapped on Saturday

- If it was long-standing, medical would have picked up

- If it was serious, Max wouldn’t have gone on loan

Likely precautionary and no more

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

You sure. We have offered him what he wanted and still turned it down. He could cost us money by leaving for nothing. And if he signed a new contract it’s because know one has come in for him 

Are you sure?

1 minute ago, ScottishRed said:

A good finish is a good finish, whether it's against Barcelona or Bristol Manor Farm.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Another pen ?

Very disappointing, pre-season friendly or not.

2 games and four penalties conceded ? Something wrong there.

Edited by bcfc01
  • Haha 1

Just now, CiderJar said:

Are you sure that we offered him what he wanted and still turned it down?

Yes that was what was stated by the club and LJ

Just now, Red Army 75 said:

You sure. We have offered him what he wanted and still turned it down. He could cost us money by leaving for nothing. And if he signed a new contract it’s because know one has come in for him 

If he doesn't sign then we will need to replace him which would cost 5 mill? LJ will play it cool and let the boy come round. Best scenario all round. Not the first time this has happened and won't be the last. Can't just dump someone because their head has been turned. Lets see how this plays out. I reckon it'll be to City's advantage.

3 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

And it’s an early pre- season friendly.

Yeah i wasn't being serious 

• Like 1

Is this some kind of tactical instruction to see how we cope with giving them away?

4 penalties in 2 games is weird. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, elhombrecito said:

A good finish is a good finish, whether it's against Barcelona or Bristol Manor Farm.

Not quite true because Barca wont give you the opportunity of a nice finish whereas a quality player will always look good against Bristol Manor Farm.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Sir Geoff said:

Not quite true because Barca wont give you the opportunity of a nice finish whereas a quality player will always look good against Bristol Manor Farm.

But we're not (well, I'm not at least) talking about getting in to good positions etc, I'm simply talking about the quality of a finish, i.e. how well he can hit a ball.

14 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Was it Bill or was it Ben    (one for the old'uns ) ?

flobaddobba.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Is this some kind of tactical instruction to see how we cope with giving them away?

4 penalties in 2 games is weird. 

Get them all out of the way now

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Baker handball I think

I know it's only a friendly but I really worry if Kalas or Webster get injured this season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Ah ok . I just go by facts and what we’ve been told. 

And I'm just suggesting that "facts" and "what we've been told" are not necessarily the same thing

Just now, CiderJar said:

And I'm just suggesting that "facts" and "what we've been told" are not necessarily the same thing

So do you have any evidence that what we were told is untrue, or are you just making an assumption?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

I know it's only a friendly but I really worry if Kalas or Webster get injured this season.

Shows how far we've come in such a short space of time. Baker and Wright are both solid Championship players who could do a job for most teams in this division imo. Not worth worrying about at all.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

In fairness to Fammy he has missed large chunks of both the last two seasons which has stopped him getting near the "magic" 20 goal mark, think his goasl to game ratio was actually better than Bobby's the season before last and his season never started till mid to late September last time out so by the time he got match sharp he had already missed two months!

Most players tend to miss games. Harry Kane always seems to miss a couple of months post Christmas but still scores plenty.

Just now, chinapig said:

So do you have any evidence that what we were told is untrue, or are you just making an assumption?

When LJ revealed these "facts" he said "Look, I'll be as honest as I can with you" which suggests there is more to it than the simplified version he was prepared to reveal. That's all. Sometimes people have to be guarded with the truth and that is fine, but it is also why I don't necessarily accept a one-sided version of the truth. A truth that we will never know and not a reason for levelling hatred and vitriol at a young footballer.

2 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

When LJ revealed these "facts" he said "Look, I'll be as honest as I can with you" which suggests there is more to it than the simplified version he was prepared to reveal. That's all. Sometimes people have to be guarded with the truth and that is fine, but it is also why I don't necessarily accept a one-sided version of the truth. A truth that we will never know and not a reason for levelling hatred and vitriol at a young footballer.

No he never. He said the club offered him what he wanted for him to sign the contract. And then he still turned it down. That’s a fact . 

Overall strong turn out, must of been circa 300 city fans. Few chants. Good laugh. 

In terms of the game, hard to judge players when they are only getting 30 mins each. 

Special shout outs to Sammie, boy looks class. Great movement, good touch. Also thought Moore looked rather tidy, and Hunt had a good game. 

Bakinson I thought was poor, some bad passes as he didn’t look up, and lost his man a few times. Also thought Webster didn’t have his best game, bottled a few headers and some suspect positioning. Although did spray a couple of lovely passes. 

Still think there is a long way to go before we can judge the squad. Big pre-season away trip now, chatted to Scotty pre-game, he’s got his submarine ready to take all the gear over.  

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

4 minutes ago, Selred said:

Overall strong turn out, must of been circa 300 city fans. Few chants. Good laugh. 

In terms of the game, hard to judge players when they are only getting 30 mins each. 

Special shout outs to Sammie, boy looks class. Great movement, good touch. Also thought Moore looked rather tidy, and Hunt had a good game. 

Bakinson I thought was poor, some bad passes as he didn’t look up, and lost his man a few times. Also thought Webster didn’t have his best game, bottled a few headers and some suspect positioning. Although did spray a couple of lovely passes. 

Still think there is a long way to go before we can judge the squad. Big pre-season away trip now, chatted to Scotty pre-game, he’s got his submarine ready to take all the gear over.  

What style of play did we go with?

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

What style of play did we go with?

A mix, 4-2-3-1 / 3-5-1-2. It kept changing throughout the game. 

A lot of width and whipping balls in, however we didn’t have anyone around the 6 yard box most time to make the most of it (like when Fam scored). A lot of our strikers were coming too deep. 

• Thanks 1

I was sat in the home stand and there was a lot of praise for Walsh from a couple of guys with notebooks sat close to me. He was always getting into space and available for the pass. Wollacott made some extremely good saves and we do seem to have a fair number of good keepers. Sammie definitely wants the ball and defenders will not like him running at them like an Exocet missile and he picked a few good passes.

All in all, quite impressed with where we are. Hope to have a good season.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

Fair enough, but you are assuming that what LJ didn't feel able to talk about would have been to O'Dowda's advantage: it might have been quite the opposite.

Again, if you want to suggest that LJ was being economical with the truth you have to have some evidence.

Agree about the hatred and vitriol but I fear he may have shot himself in the foot.

Edited by chinapig