IGNORED

Kelly Fee

bcfc01

4 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

21m with the add-ons - according to the Post who got it from Transfermrkt (who aren't the most reliable with this stuff).

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/revealed-huge-record-fee-bournemouth-3073712

I think you mis-read it a little. They say it's up to 21m according to their sources, which would make it the 5th highest transfer in championship history according to Transfermrkt. 

Just now, chucky said:

I think you mis-read it a little. They say it's up to 21m according to their sources, which would make it the 5th highest transfer in championship history according to Transfermrkt. 

Yep - 21m with add-ons...

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

£15m + £6m of add-ons (international cap being part of it) according to @Kid in the Riot plus i’m guessing a sell-on percentage.

15m up front is welcome - helps with the incomings.

I'm pretty sure that the 6m will be nailed on as well.

So when he goes for 80m we'll get another 15m :w00t:

3 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

It really is a fantastic deal which Mark Ashton has achieved. Well done that man!

He may talk waffle a lot of the time but can’t argue that he’s very good at what he does.

3 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

He may talk waffle a lot of the time but can’t argue that he’s very good at what he does.

Does he talk waffle? Or does he talk like a man who is used to doing multi-million pound deals? 

He gets a lot of stick for his ‘corporate speak’ but his job is to deal with the corporate side of the football business: buy players for value and sell them for value.

10 minutes ago, BrightCiderLife said:

Does he talk waffle? Or does he talk like a man who is used to doing multi-million pound deals? 

He gets a lot of stick for his ‘corporate speak but his job is to deal with the corporate side of the football business: buy players for value and sell them for value.

Waffle.

2 hours ago, BrightCiderLife said:

He gets a lot of stick for his ‘corporate speak’ but his job is to deal with the corporate side of the football business: buy players for value and sell them for value.

So long as the suity shit stays where it belongs and all the grey ugly sludge doesn't seep out everywhere then he's great.

10 hours ago, BrightCiderLife said:

In fairness he talks in a manner and of a type at the level he operates 

It also has to be said we / he hasn’t always bought , or sold all players for value and I don’t get carried away with ‘what a remarkable job he’s doing’ atm on the back of Kelly etc

Hes a negotiator, and a fairly decent one by looks of it

Bournemouth make contact , offer £8 million for LK

A laugh and a polite oh no we wouldn’t even consider losing LK for that

48 hrs later 

‘Ok ‘We are prepared to give you £12m or we will have to look elsewhere’

’Lloyds going to be a full International , £15 million and some add ons , we can work with and you’ve got a bargain , and you know it’

’ We can’t go to 15 , ....13 and some agreed add ons and we are on.........’

Ok that portrays it very simply , but he’s a negotiator and the market , in reality dictates prices

Im not criticising him because he gets the job done , and appears an efficient operator, but he does get extremely well paid and thus,  is providing the service and professionalism he should

(Still should be recognised as not all so well paid in all parts of life do deliver anywhere near what they should)

Whats has really pleased me , and I’m not sure whether it’s been commented on , is a couple of Clubs recently expressing that Bristol City were extremely professional and a pleasure to deal with.

That reflects particularly well on Mark Ashton (and a couple of his staff I would guess) and is really important going forward, enhancing our name and reputation as a Club , important when it comes to attracting players and staff in the future

We had a reputation as a bit of a joke club in terms of gullibility, over paying players , a bit of a Club going nowhere , for many years 

That is or has certainly changed and is a very positive tangible progression 

3 hours ago, jj77 said:

Tyrone Mings went for £20m up to £25m.

Is Ashton doing such a great job?

I fail to see the connection with a transfer between 2 PL clubs. Especially since we have turned down £20m for Webster and are securing fees that would have been unimaginable in the past.

47 minutes ago, chucky said:

Well, no, point being the post didn't get that from Transfermrkt,which is what you said in your original post. 

I think they did.

I think that was their "source".

Does it matter ?

18 hours ago, Coppello said:

Mbappe went for £166m at the age of 18 so maybe he isn't doing a great job. Good point @jj77.

13 hours ago, maxjak said:

Yeah.............real let down!.........should have got a least 60 mill for Kelly, phecking amateurs  ?

Let's not forget that 19 year old João Félix went for £113m...

#ashtonout

19 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

I think they did.

I think that was their "source".

Does it matter ?

It does if it's wrong information.  

They got the £21m fee's from their source (not TRANSFERMKT).

They then took that information, put it into TRANSFERMKT to find out that it would make it the 5th highest Championship transfer in history.

On ‎10‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 09:09, BobBobSuperBob said:

In fairness he talks in a manner and of a type at the level he operates 

It also has to be said we / he hasn’t always bought , or sold all players for value and I don’t get carried away with ‘what a remarkable job he’s doing’ atm on the back of Kelly etc

Hes a negotiator, and a fairly decent one by looks of it

Bournemouth make contact , offer £8 million for LK

A laugh and a polite oh no we wouldn’t even consider losing LK for that

48 hrs later 

‘Ok ‘We are prepared to give you £12m or we will have to look elsewhere’

’Lloyds going to be a full International , £15 million and some add ons , we can work with and you’ve got a bargain , and you know it’

’ We can’t go to 15 , ....13 and some agreed add ons and we are on.........’

Ok that portrays it very simply , but he’s a negotiator and the market , in reality dictates prices

Im not criticising him because he gets the job done , and appears an efficient operator, but he does get extremely well paid and thus,  is providing the service and professionalism he should

(Still should be recognised as not all so well paid in all parts of life do deliver anywhere near what they should)

Whats has really pleased me , and I’m not sure whether it’s been commented on , is a couple of Clubs recently expressing that Bristol City were extremely professional and a pleasure to deal with.

That reflects particularly well on Mark Ashton (and a couple of his staff I would guess) and is really important going forward, enhancing our name and reputation as a Club , important when it comes to attracting players and staff in the future

We had a reputation as a bit of a joke club in terms of gullibility, over paying players , a bit of a Club going nowhere , for many years 

That is or has certainly changed and is a very positive tangible progression 

Miss the old days of shakehands & 'done deals' meself, like those that lovable cockney family who used to live in the flats over looking The Gate would have done  … 'no income tax, no vat, no money back no guarantee etc etc… 

But football's a proper Multi-Billion £££ industry nowadays, and we're a part of it, so thankfully we have the calibre of smooth operators such as Mark Ashton pulling strings for us behind the scenes now ....

(while The Gas have got something resembling Bob Gnarley & The Wael-lers  taking care of their business)

COYR's -onwards and upwards!  

Archived