IGNORED

Birmingham away

BCFC1512

30 minutes ago, phantom said:

Seems "we" held back selling the FGR tickets for some reason

Perhaps "we" are doing the same for Birmingham?

image.png

image.png

I read that as "more fans asked to collect their tickets at FGR than we expected" - coupled with home fans going to collect season tickets (incidentally a really good ploy to get more ST holders to a friendly),you can see the potential for problems collecting tickets. You can't control how many away fans want to collect at the ground - I don't think this was City's fault

Have friendlies always been this well attended? This is the first time I've seen thousands of away fans across lots of different fixtures. You could say that we might sell more away tickets off the back of a couple of decent friendly attendances.

It wouldn't surprise me if they are haggling over cost to away fans (home tickets are on sale), Reading did something a couple of years ago where they offered £20 tickets if the favour was returned for their fans. We didn't take them up on this IIRC.

3 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Don’t get why people are fretting, the date won’t change and you’ll get a ticket...

Don’t really care about that, just annoying that we’ll have to buy Birmingham, QPR and derby tickets all at the same time. Where as the club could of put on on sale each week breaking costs down a bit for fans.

2 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Don’t really care about that, just annoying that we’ll have to buy Birmingham, QPR and derby tickets all at the same time. Where as the club could of put on on sale each week breaking costs down a bit for fans.

You don’t have to buy them at the same time at all?

None of them are going to sell out so you’ll be fine

• Admin
17 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Any ideas on reasons for delay...?

Is there a delay though?

I must admit I never really pay much attention to how far in advance we put tickets on sale

Maybe we were waiting to post all the season tickets out before starting with these?

• Admin
18 hours ago, cityred2000 said:

Genuinely don’t know any more details. Was told by someone I know who’s a steward on one of the CATS- not coach one.

No offence, but it is rubbish that we have to find this out from a steward on a CATS coach !

As there are only usually 2/3 coaches it is easy to work out who you mean now you say it wasn't *******

31 minutes ago, phantom said:

Is there a delay though?

I must admit I never really pay much attention to how far in advance we put tickets on sale

Maybe we were waiting to post all the season tickets out before starting with these?

Feels a bit later than usual but maybe not.

Agree with your point that a steward on a coach being the source of the info is a nonsense and is poor comms on the clubs part- dunno if the club will like it being leaked ahead of time though. ?:fear:

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Feels a bit later than usual but maybe not.

Agree with your point that a steward on a coach being the source of the info is a nonsense and is poor comms on the clubs part- dunno if the club will like it being leaked ahead of time though. ?:fear:

Think it is later than usual, Villa, Sheff Utd & Boro away tickets all went on sale a month before the fixture last season. That's just the one's I've checked. 

1 hour ago, phantom said:

No offence, but it is rubbish that we have to find this out from a steward on a CATS coach !

As there are only usually 2/3 coaches it is easy to work out who you mean now you say it wasn't Jerry

*****, is the steward on Coach 2 and also works in the ticket office on matchdays so it is possible he would have this information. The steward on coach 3 is only likely to hear from him.

43 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Think it is later than usual, Villa, Sheff Utd & Boro away tickets all went on sale a month before the fixture last season. That's just the one's I've checked. 

Thought it was- took a look at a few other sites and their away tickets seem to be available for clubs whose away game that weekend.

Can only assume there was some sort of haggling about something.

On a general note, I have no idea about coach stewards or the like, no idea and I'm the last person to moan/complain about a post but outing those who have leaked a date- like most businesses these days, the club surely has a social media policy for employees? 

Might be worth taking down or amending certain posts? We don't want to get people in trouble, as someone- possibly one of the coach stewards- doubtless told someone "offline" in good faith etc. 

• Admin
52 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

*****, is the steward on Coach 2 and also works in the ticket office on matchdays so it is possible he would have this information. The steward on coach 3 is only likely to hear from him.

Ah, I thought ***** was coach 1

Makes complete sense now

• Admin
27 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Might be worth taking down or amending certain posts? We don't want to get people in trouble, as someone- possibly one of the coach stewards- doubtless told someone "offline" in good faith etc. 

Completely agree @Mr Popodopolous - Have amended accordingly now

Archived