Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sign in to follow this  
Taunton_BCFC

Birmingham away

2 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

Cardiff what you on about, we we talking about Birmingham 1990.

Ask big Gary, he brought it up in the first place...

Edited by JBFC II

7 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

Don’t know a big Gary ?

Yeh, he commented on this thread a few posts up. Would get along well with you I think

Just now, glen humphries said:

Why’s that then ?

Similar posting style, similar views.

Anyway you’re boring me, we aren’t here to talk about @Gary Nanes unfortunately.

Lets drag the topic back to Birmingham away on a few weeks. You going?

Just now, JBFC II said:

Similar posting style, similar views.

Anyway you’re boring me, we aren’t here to talk about @Gary Nanes unfortunately.

Lets drag the topic back to Birmingham away on a few weeks. You going?

Yes mate, if you’re going perhaps we could meet up for a cider or a babysham what ever you fancy.

Just now, glen humphries said:

Yes mate, if you’re going perhaps we could meet up for a cider or a babysham what ever you fancy.

I’d be up for that, we’ll see nearer the game

1 minute ago, elhombrecito said:

Tickets are on sale in the home end , so doesn't really make sense that we've heard nothing yet :dunno:

Perhaps that’s their cunning plan.

They just don’t sell away tickets...

17 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I’d be up for that, we’ll see nearer the game

9 minutes ago, Gary Nanes said:

That's a no then.

Pointless conversation.  What are you going to do? Have a fight over an OTIB conversation? Prove you're a true alpha by having a frank discussion with another City fan at an away game? What do you get out of it? Satisfaction? Pleasure?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Unan said:

Pointless conversation.  What are you going to do? Have a fight over an OTIB conversation? Prove you're a true alpha by having a frank discussion with another City fan at an away game? What do you get out of it? Satisfaction? Pleasure?

Glen invited him for a pint not into a boxing ring.

4 minutes ago, Unan said:

He invited me for a drink, when you get invited for a drink do you expect to have a punch up?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

He invited me for a drink, when you get invited for a drink do you expect to have a punch up?

Arrange it quietly if you do take him up on the offer or run the risk of having Julie and her team watching over your every sip.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Gary Nanes said:

That's a no then.

You've only been on this forum a couple of months, but you seem to be popping up all over the place, having arguments with people. It's a little boring to be honest.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

You've only been on this forum a couple of months, but you seem to be popping up all over the place, having arguments with people. It's a little boring to be honest.

OK I shan't bother now then.

Back on topic, a colleague has emailed the club asking for the latest on ticket details so if he hears back I'll post it on here.

Puts me in mind of Cardiff away when we had a reduced allocation but no travel conditions I think in February 2018 and though the initial allocation was released, the final one was only  released quite late due to haggling/legal dispute.

Still think it's a possibility unfortunately, because of 2 reasons. 1) Our reduced allocation to away fans this coming season and 2) Ongoing legal case between our fans and WMP from nearly 4 years ago- sounds like the legal case is fully justified but that won't help with a solid allocation .

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

It's nothing to do with a reduced allocation as a reflection of ours, Birmingham allocate all teams 2,600 whether they allocate them 1,000 like Luton do or 8,000 like Blackburn do.

Makes no odds.

• Hmmm 1

2 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

@JulieH

Is this fixture going to be changed?

I have heard nothing suggesting that will be the case.

i have texted the football officer for Birmingham to seek clarification but there was no suggestion of it when I spoke to him Saturday. 

Will update asap 

Update

text received saying his has heard nothing about any change of date/ time. Wmp have not made any representation to change the fixture in any way . 

Julie 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Update

text received saying his has heard nothing about any change of date/ time. Wmp have not made any representation to change the fixture in any way . 

Julie 

Thanks. Can book trains now then. 

38 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

@Matt Parsons  pretty much every other away teams tickets are on sale for that weekend!? What’s going on?

Without presuming to speak for him.

He's no longer SLO so dunno how much use his answers will be.

Also unclear is whether the new SLO will be on here- don't know if they are yet. :dunno:

He (the new SLO) is though on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/BristolCitySLO

Am assuming the size of the allocation has not yet been decided/finalised/agreed.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gary Nanes said:

Tuesday 2017 we lost 2-0, Tuesday (NYD) 2018 we lost 5-0.

Both midweek....

You regard New Years Day, a Bank Holiday, as a run of the mill midweek match? Do you count our game on Boxing Day next season as a midweek fixture too? It is on a Thursday after all

Pretty sure New Years Day 2018 5-0 loss was a Monday- I remember it kicked off at 5.30pm due to some rule.

We played 5.30pm on Saturday IIRC so couldn't play got 48 hrs ie Saturday 5.30pm, Monday 3pm not a goer.

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Still think it possible there's some kind of dispute over allocation.

Can an away club actually dispute their allocation? 

Don't really know why people are panicking. They’re hardly going to not release any tickets to us...

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Can an away club actually dispute their allocation? 

Wasn't there some sort of dispute for Cardiff away in February 2018? Dispute maybe the wrong term, haggling over perhaps a better one- lobbying.

31 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Don't really know why people are panicking. They’re hardly going to not release any tickets to us...

Of course they'll release tickets- just not sure how many there might be.

Seems "we" held back selling the FGR tickets for some reason

Perhaps "we" are doing the same for Birmingham?

image.png

image.png

30 minutes ago, phantom said:

Seems "we" held back selling the FGR tickets for some reason

Perhaps "we" are doing the same for Birmingham?

image.png

image.png

I read that as "more fans asked to collect their tickets at FGR than we expected" - coupled with home fans going to collect season tickets (incidentally a really good ploy to get more ST holders to a friendly),you can see the potential for problems collecting tickets. You can't control how many away fans want to collect at the ground - I don't think this was City's fault

Have friendlies always been this well attended? This is the first time I've seen thousands of away fans across lots of different fixtures. You could say that we might sell more away tickets off the back of a couple of decent friendly attendances.

It wouldn't surprise me if they are haggling over cost to away fans (home tickets are on sale), Reading did something a couple of years ago where they offered £20 tickets if the favour was returned for their fans. We didn't take them up on this IIRC.

Our new lesser spotted SLO has spoken! On this too, an update at last- hi there if you're reading this- thanks! :sub:

Just not on here...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Don’t get why people are fretting, the date won’t change and you’ll get a ticket...

Don’t really care about that, just annoying that we’ll have to buy Birmingham, QPR and derby tickets all at the same time. Where as the club could of put on on sale each week breaking costs down a bit for fans.

2 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Don’t really care about that, just annoying that we’ll have to buy Birmingham, QPR and derby tickets all at the same time. Where as the club could of put on on sale each week breaking costs down a bit for fans.

You don’t have to buy them at the same time at all?

None of them are going to sell out so you’ll be fine