IGNORED

Birmingham away

BCFC1512

On 30/07/2019 at 12:09, elhombrecito said:

I make it 875 sold :me?: but that's pretty good when they've been on sale for just over 24 hours and to season ticket holders only. Should pretty easily sell the initial allocation. 

Or not...

Still 668 left. Guess we won't be needing that second allocation after all ?

17 minutes ago, phantom said:

@Mr Popodopolous

Already confirmed mate 

image.png

Thanks, I must have missed that- thought the first post said 2k as the initial allocation but maybe it was updated.

I assumed it might rise to 2,300 or something like that but that's quite the drop off! I believe @Gary Nanes said it was between 2,600 and 3,000 and @JBFC II about 2,800?- or at least based on last season .

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Define reasonable- football used to cost similar to a trip to the cinema, in the past.

Admittedly the Industry has changed a lot since then, granted...

I suppose everyone’s definition of “reasonable” varies, but in a day and age where tickets can cost in excess of £35 quite regularly, I think £25 is likely to be one of, if not the most reasonable away ticket price you’ll find at this level. 

I only mention it because so many seem quick enough to boycott expensive games and/or call for better pricing - the we have a (relatively local) game, priced at what most would deem reasonable/acceptable pricing, yet are struggling to shift a fairly modest allocation. 

Just now, Bar BS3 said:

I suppose everyone’s definition of “reasonable” varies, but in a day and age where tickets can cost in excess of £35 quite regularly, I think £25 is likely to be one of, if not the most reasonable away ticket price you’ll find at this level. 

I only mention it because so many seem quick enough to boycott expensive games and/or call for better pricing - the we have a (relatively local) game, priced at what most would deem reasonable/acceptable pricing, yet are struggling to shift a fairly modest allocation. 

That's a fair point- if we're talking other contexts and historical terms, inflation etc I'm not so sure but where we are now it'd be decent yeah, reasonable in fact as it say!

I think we'll do it in the end, cost of transport certainly doesn't help though and is a big factor too in falling allocations IMO- a lot wider issue than mere football of course.

For the record, just for the sake of history I did take a quick look at our (solely our) matchday prices using an inflation calculator between 1980 and 2019.

Standing in 1980-81 was £1.30. Now we'll have to bump it all up to seating- but maybe £3.30 in 1980-81 the moderate seats, I don't know £2.20 in that money then the cheaper and corporate seats a different category still.

Standing at that in today's money according to this comes out at £5.53. I accept so let's say up to £2.20- £9.36!  £14.03 for the cheaper. 

Season ticket then was seen as more of a luxury now it represents the best value (£204.13 inflation adjusted FWIW).

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That's a fair point- if we're talking other contexts and historical terms, inflation etc I'm not so sure but where we are now it'd be decent yeah, reasonable in fact as it say!

I think we'll do it in the end, cost of transport certainly doesn't help though and is a big factor too in falling allocations IMO- a lot wider issue than mere football of course.

For the record, just for the sake of history I did take a quick look at our (solely our) matchday prices using an inflation calculator between 1980 and 2019.

Standing in 1980-81 was £1.30. Now we'll have to bump it all up to seating- but maybe £3.30 in 1980-81 the moderate seats, I don't know £2.20 in that money then the cheaper and corporate seats a different category still.

Standing at that in today's money according to this comes out at £5.53. I accept so let's say up to £2.20- £9.36!  £14.03 for the cheaper. 

Season ticket then was seen as more of a luxury now it represents the best value (£204.13 inflation adjusted FWIW).

I (or nobody else) could argue that football has changed from being a working class pass time, to a full blown entertainment business. 

The money that players earn is unrecognisable from 1980, so it’s no surprise that ticket prices have risen well above the rate of inflation, yet nowhere near the levels in wage increases, i’d suspect.

Plus the additional cost - everything from paying back stadium redevelopment cost to might tighter H&S requirements, all increase cost. 

Lets remember also, the standard of stadium back then, compared to now. No matter which some might fondly prefer - theres no question how much better/nicer they are now*

*unless you happen to support Bristol Rovers. 

I quite often go to the theatre (wait for the abuse!) and if there are tickets left it is 'pay on the day' at a hugely discounted rate ... like 75% off the previous prices ... maybe this is what football clubs need to learn from ... but the problem as always are those season ticket holders who always hold the club to ransom ... with their inelastic demand.

Archived