IGNORED

Penalties

The first one wasn't a pen....the player stood on the ball and fell into his own player......second one..... no doubt! 

It's always easy to complain when a pen is awarded against us.....we don't seem to get many given to us which is frustrating! For me it's always hit and miss.......the crowd secured the first one....better officials needed. 

6 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Should we be concerned with the number of penalties conceded in the first two pre season friendlies? 

Also, anyone know why Bentley hasn’t played yet? Sorry if this was mentioned elsewhere.

I don’t think you should be concerned with anything to do with friendly games ...

This doesn’t bode well for the approaching season.

The first penalty at AG and I’m throwing my season card at the nearest steward.

Stupid football rules and regulations. When will these BASTARDS realise that a penalty given against Bristol City in a meaningless friendly could have a major and IRREVERSIBLE impact on the impending campaign?

It must be a nightmare being a modern footballer - people are now expressing concern over incidents that happen in friendly games - they really don’t matter. Why on earth do some fans start worrying before the league games start? I remember several disastrous pre season campaigns that were followed by fine league seasons....friendlies mean nothing ...

23 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It must be a nightmare being a modern footballer - people are now expressing concern over incidents that happen in friendly games - they really don’t matter. Why on earth do some fans start worrying before the league games start? I remember several disastrous pre season campaigns that were followed by fine league seasons....friendlies mean nothing ...

Think it's just a release of expression following a dry summer without football. Football's back, friendlies are now more watchable than ever, and people want to express their opinions.

38 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Think it's just a release of expression following a dry summer without football. Football's back, friendlies are now more watchable than ever, and people want to express their opinions.

Is asking a question, expressing a concern..? Maybe, in a roundabout way. 

I’m more concerned that people are unable to express their concerns, without conviction of their opinions, and try to pass the buck..! 

7 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It’s a football forum. People are going to discuss incidents that happen in football games. 

Think we are going to see plenty of pens this season a la Bakers last night

Defenders sliding to block a shot or cross

Baker throws his body at the ball a lot and thus a prime candidate

As a great defender and competitor , so does Kalas 

Will be a real difficulty for defenders this season , do you do what Baker did last night trying to stop a cross or shot or let an opponent shoot or cross

Archived