IGNORED

Newcastle Preparing For Life In The Championship/Steve Bruce Resigns (Merged)

fishy

• Admin
1 hour ago, bristolcitysweden said:

A dream job though. Benitez the ultimate tit.

Why is Benitez a tit?

I would say without him as boss in the past Newcastle would have been relegated, compare him to Bruce who has done nothing in the game it's chalk and cheese

12 minutes ago, phantom said:

Why is Benitez a tit?

I would say without him as boss in the past Newcastle would have been relegated, compare him to Bruce who has done nothing in the game it's chalk and cheese

I wouldn't say Bruce has done nothing in the game, he's won 4 promotions, but I would agree he's not in Benitez class. Individuals on here may not like Rafa but he is widely regarded as a top manager. The problems at Newcastle were not Rafa but Ashley related. 

• The title was changed to Newcastle Preparing For Life In The Championship/Steve Bruce Resigns (Merged)
2 hours ago, shelts said:

Going back home . Geordies not overly impressed he’s coming as they proper loved Rafa . Interesting to see how they will go under him 

Rumour is he also turned down Newcastle while Sunderland boss which has already turned a few against him

7 hours ago, Badger08 said:

Is there a club that Bruce hasn't managed?

He could manage milk and fruit but has never managed orange...

club.jpg.16c44d46e256d67b9c027c6f580d1d14.jpg

3 minutes ago, shelts said:

Never heard that . He wouldn’t go to Sunderland instead of his hometown club surely ...

Wasn't by any means a credible source as it was just someone online, but Bruce took the Sunderland job the summer Newcastle got relegated, perhaps he was offered both and chose the premier league job?

6 minutes ago, hodge said:

Wasn't by any means a credible source as it was just someone online, but Bruce took the Sunderland job the summer Newcastle got relegated, perhaps he was offered both and chose the premier league job?

Interesting 

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

PL......not much to spend...........could be a struggle for the toon.

Well last season The Toon spent the best part of £50m on incoming transfers - that ain’t too shabby for a lower PL club just looking to stay up - compare that to, say, Burnley who literally spent zilch ...

16 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well last season The Toon spent the best part of £50m on incoming transfers - that ain’t too shabby for a lower PL club just looking to stay up - compare that to, say, Burnley who literally spent zilch ...

And this summer Burnley have spent a bit and Newcastle thought spending the £16.5m to get Rondon was too much....

How bad are Newcastle?

3 weeks until the end of the transfer window. 

Watching the wolves game on sky, I know it's pre-season. But they have absolutely nothing going forward.

Now 4-0 down, and with Aarons up front. Christ they are a mess.

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2019/july/club-statement_steve-bruce

The Club is disappointed to learn via public statement issued by Newcastle United that it has appointed former Sheffield Wednesday staff Steve Bruce, Steve Agnew and Stephen Clemence.

Regardless of the fact that the staff resigned from their positions with the Club on Monday, there remains outstanding legal issues to be resolved between the club and the staff and Newcastle United. The Club is currently considering its position and taking the appropriate legal advice.

No further comment will be made by the Club concerning this matter.

Thread on their forum about LJ- you know debating pros and cons etc.

No idea who it could be :whistle2:but this section of a post made me chuckle- any ideas??

Johnson is a deep thinker about the beautiful game and a really clever guy - far more insightful than his father was who in all fairness was a one trick pony.

Archived