IGNORED

Strangest football descions

FrozenRobin

12 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Sometimes a manager has to take the bullet for a result that is just too hard to stomach. 

Adkins’ job became untenable when he took his Southampton team to play Bristol Rovers. Only beating them 4-0 was just too humiliating and within a couple of days he was understandably replaced. 

Me thinks you don't know your Alan Pardew's from your Nigel Adkins.

On 11/07/2019 at 14:36, Sir Geoff said:

Southampton sacking Nigel Adkins(54 win %) mid season to bring in some unknown foreign bloke to replace him.

I wouldn't say Pochettino was some unknown foreign bloke. Southampton were just outside relegation places when they sacked Adkins. They finished 8th the season after, and he left to join Spurs! 

On 11/07/2019 at 14:28, Davefevs said:

Oleg Salenko, James Rodriguez, David Sukor, Schilliachi??????  Sometimes can depend massively who you play against, taking pens etc. 

As I said I doubt many agree with my non-rating of Kane or Carrick. It’s not that I think they are bad players, I just don’t get the “top class” views. 

George Best was world class...never played in a major tournament 

Suker definitely was world class. His international goalscoring record is extremely impressive.

4 minutes ago, WiltshireReds said:

Suker definitely was world class. His international goalscoring record is extremely impressive.

What’s your definition?

Mine is (not saying mine is right though) is World Class Team A plays World Class Team B...would they get in?  Two 442’s would mean Suker would need to be one of the top 4 strikers to get in.

Just now, Davefevs said:

What’s your definition?

Mine is (not saying mine is right though) is World Class Team A plays World Class Team B...would they get in?  Two 442’s would mean Suker would need to be one of the top 4 strikers to get in.

In 1998 he would be in team A with Ronaldo up front. So yeah for a time he was world class. Finishing wise, one of the best of that era for sure

19 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

I have the front page from the sun pre euro 92 with a picture of graham Taylor walking up a grass bank hold the George cross with the headline

SIT BACK AND WATCH ENGLAND WITH THE EUROS......

i was home a week later ........ 

And me but great holiday.The football was shocking but a superb trip.

4 minutes ago, Victory Park Reds said:

And me but great holiday.The football was shocking but a superb trip.

I should add that to this tread 

beer tents at a city england we’re playing in pre euro 96..... 

always going to end in tears

15 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Coin tossing for venue replys in the 80s.

I recall being at cambridge and losing one and i think we lost another one in the play offs with walsall?

Can't remember the Cambridge one (but remember losing 5-1 in about the third replay!), but I'm sure we lost a penalty shoot out to choose replay venue after the Walsall. That also ended in a close defeat! 

6 hours ago, Scare_Man said:

'Signing' Meteb then letting him go back to Egypt for a farewall.

Although in hindsight it could've been worse, such as the Salah incident last year.

He was told not to play in that game, which he chose to ignore, hence City cancelling the deal.

On 10/07/2019 at 21:46, Red Right Hand said:

Awarding the World Cup to Quatar

Seriously?

Massively cash rich country gets awarded a world cup by a corrupt organisation and you think it's strange.

I don't use this forum much so I don't know if that reply is sarcasm,  you're a wum or just awfully naive. 

Archived