IGNORED

Team for Florida fixture v PCDC

Davefevs

....what would be your strongest starting eleven from the assumed fit, available and travelling players.  I’m assuming from GMcG that all 4 keepers are fit:

Maenpaa

Hunt Kalas Webster Dasilva

Pack Brownhill

Weimann Szmodics Eliasson

Diedhiou

Second XI

Bentley

Vyner Wright Baker Rowe

Bakinson Rowe

Watkins Paterson O’Dowda

Semenyo

Crikey, no Moore, Walsh, Adelakun, Taylor, Gilmartin let alone, J.Smith, Holden, Wollacott etc.

Based on what I'd like to see rather than 'strongest' XI

Bentley

Hunt ......... Kalas ....... Webster... Dasilva

Brownhill ..... Holden

Eliasson .... Szmodics .... Smith

Weimann

Maenpaa

Vyner ..... Wright ...... Baker ..... Rowe

Pack

O'Dowda ..... Bakinson ..... Walsh ..... Paterson

Diedhiou

1 minute ago, hodge said:

Bentley

Brownhill ..... Holden

Weimann

Maenpaa

Pack

Diedhiou

Holden is far more attacking

2 hours ago, hodge said:

Bentley

Brownhill ..... Holden

Weimann

Maenpaa

Pack

Diedhiou

I'm not sure we'd get away with Maenpaa in a midfield role in a 4-2-3-1-1-4-1-4-1.

I'd have Weimann further forward too

Maenpaa/Bentley

Hunt    Kalas    Webster    Dasilva

Eliasson      Pack       Brownhil

Szmodics      Semenyo

Diedhiou

Subs - Maenpaa/Bently,  Wright, Walsh, Wiemann, Paterson, Rowe, O'Dowda

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

....what would be your strongest starting eleven from the assumed fit, available and travelling players.  I’m assuming from GMcG that all 4 keepers are fit

Second XI

Bentley

Vyner Wright Baker Rowe

Bakinson Rowe

Watkins Paterson O’Dowda

Semenyo

Crikey, no Moore, Walsh, Adelakun, Taylor, Gilmartin let alone, J.Smith, Holden, Wollacott etc.

shakes head GIF by Ratboys

2 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

We've supposedly taken 30 players to Florida but it's not clear which young development players have travelled. Opi Edwards came on against Wimbledon so he's presumably in Florida but whether Holden, Johnny Smith etc are there I'm unsure. 

Holden missed out because someone had booked two places for Tommy Rowe.....apparently

:dunno:

12 hours ago, Davefevs said:

....what would be your strongest starting eleven from the assumed fit, available and travelling players.  I’m assuming from GMcG that all 4 keepers are fit:

Maenpaa

Hunt Kalas Webster Dasilva

Pack Brownhill

Weimann Szmodics Eliasson

Diedhiou

This first XI just shows to me we still have work to do. This is the same team as last season with Szmodics replacing Paterson.

Tin hat time but we need an upgrade on Diedhiou as the same  team bar one did not get us over the line last year due to lack of goals and won’t this time unless Szmodics is that much of an upgrade?

I'd go with (assuming all fit and not about to leave):

Bentley

Hunt                     Webo                                                              Kalas          JDS

COD                     Brownhill                                                       Pack             Pato

Szmodics

Fammy

Sub Fammy for Semenyo or Weimann if he's struggling to get into the game. I'd also want Eliasson and Rowe given minutes.

I'm hoping to see Walsh and Brownhill together in a 2. I think they could potentially compliment each other well.

Walsh and Pack did not look right, and even Brownhill and Pack didn't always look like the right blend. That's why we need a another Korey type to get the best out of Pack.

Szmodics up top with Diedhiou would be good to see too. Rowe at left back again. Maybe Taylor Moore starting alongside Kalas. Let's see how he compares with Webster in the ball playing role.

Obviously play everyone by the end of the 90, or as many as allowed. It would be interesting to see some combinations in certain areas of the pitch that we haven't really seen before.

Dunno about 2nd half team but first half how about- and I don't know if we have injuries and how lengthy they were so feel free to caveat with injuries/knocks etc?

Not done my research for once on that so here goes nothing. ?

Maenpaa

Hunt Kalas Webster Da Silva

Brownhill Pack Walsh

O'Dowda Weimann Szmodics

That's not a straight 4-3-3 by any stretch- lots of flexibility and fluidity in there- especially in the front 3. Walsh can help break the lines, Pack can have more space to get 5-10 yards higher in a 3, the intensity of Weimann and Szmodics especially- O'Dowda can be but his defensive work was lacking at times 2nd half of last season- think Norwich away. All can pull wide and all can go central, especially O'Dowda and Weimann and Brownhill can do what Brownhill does. Think that side would have a nice balance, be technically excellent and yet energetic too. '3' in central midfield would help bring the best out of Pack and Walsh especially.

Archived