IGNORED

Toby alderweireld

NcnsBcfc

Not city related.

But a discussion in our household last night.

Does anyone know why none of the top teams in the PL have not exercised this guys release clause of only £25m?

A top defender, who is a mainstay for both Belgium, and the team that got to the CL final last year. But seems to have been completely bypassed in the summer merry go round.

Makes the quoted figures for Maguire, and Dunk (£70m+ and £40m +) look all the more strange.

I'm guessing he's either not going to pass a medical, or there is something else going on. But he is ready made for someone like Utd.

17 minutes ago, ncnsbcfc said:

Not city related.

But a discussion in our household last night.

Does anyone know why none of the top teams in the PL have not exercised this guys release clause of only £25m?

A top defender, who is a mainstay for both Belgium, and the team that got to the CL final last year. But seems to have been completely bypassed in the summer merry go round.

Makes the quoted figures for Maguire, and Dunk (£70m+ and £40m +) look all the more strange.

I'm guessing he's either not going to pass a medical, or there is something else going on. But he is ready made for someone like Utd.

Perhaps the clause doesn’t exist. That would be the most obvious answer anyway 

9 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Perhaps the clause doesn’t exist. That would be the most obvious answer anyway 

I suppose so @RedDave. But he only has a year left on his contract, and is refusing to sign a new one.

On sky sports, it also says Roma is interested, and will meet the clause.

1 hour ago, Murraysrightplum said:

Presumably would need to be a bigger/better club than spurs for him to agree to sign. Not too many better clubs at the moment. City and Liverpool don’t really need him. United would be a good shout but maybe he wants champions league football and/or a move away from England??

Exactly what I was going to say. Very good player but, given Chelsea have a transfer ban and a move to Arsenal isn't the done thing unless your name is Sol Campbell and Man United have fallen behind Spurs, it is hard to see which Premier league teams have a space for him. 

Archived